S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Engine Management (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-engine-management-231/)
-   -   gern-tune review (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-engine-management-231/gern-tune-review-1193649/)

imakeitreign 04-25-2019 04:35 PM

gern-tune review

Just wanted to give a shout out to @Gernby / @Gurnby (his new active account) on the e-tune he did for me. Had to do a total of 14 different calibrations, 42 pulls total, but he dialed my stuff in and gave me my final tune to use after I sent in the second batch of datalogs. He is pretty responsive even though he is quite busy. I am eager to test the tune out this weekend on some windy roads. I can already feel a huge difference in the midrange on the streets from just test driving the car for 5 minutes. Will need to shoot him the test datalog for the final tune along with 3 additional pulls to ensure everything is 100%, but it sure does seem that way already!

Thank you, Greg!

RolanTHUNDER 04-25-2019 11:02 PM

That sounds good! What mods are you running if any? DBW model I presume? What's your AFR like?

Chuck S 04-26-2019 05:02 AM

Good to see this tuning is still available. Been difficult to contact him the past year or so. He tuned my car almost exactly 4 years (2015) and roughly 20K miles ago.

Greg FlashPro tunes the S2000 which limits the cars to the 2006+ DBW models. With VTEC at 3600rpm (high flow cat needed) the car revs so fast in the lower gears I installed an audible red line alarm to stop hitting the limiter all the time!

-- Chuck

imakeitreign 04-26-2019 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER (Post 24594562)
That sounds good! What mods are you running if any? DBW model I presume? What's your AFR like?

I’m running just a 70mm berk test pipe. Planning to do a 70mm exhaust in the future. Not sure about my afr, but I can give you a datalog if you want to take a look. I trust gernby on this hehe.

Originally Posted by Chuck S (Post 24594632)
Good to see this tuning is still available. Been difficult to contact him the past year or so. He tuned my car almost exactly 4 years (2015) and roughly 20K miles ago.

Greg FlashPro tunes the S2000 which limits the cars to the 2006+ DBW models. With VTEC at 3600rpm (high flow cat needed) the car revs so fast in the lower gears I installed an audible red line alarm to stop hitting the limiter all the time!

-- Chuck

Yeah, it’s pretty amazing on what he can do with tuning. Car has such a nice growl now and sounds mean due to early vtec engagement and makes it so much more fun to drive in general. Couldn’t be more satisfied with his service!

808_runwarrior 04-26-2019 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by imakeitreign (Post 24594446)
Just wanted to give a shout out to @Gernby / @Gurnby (his new active account) on the e-tune he did for me. Had to do a total of 14 different calibrations, 42 pulls total, but he dialed my stuff in and gave me my final tune to use after I sent in the second batch of datalogs. He is pretty responsive even though he is quite busy. I am eager to test the tune out this weekend on some windy roads. I can already feel a huge difference in the midrange on the streets from just test driving the car for 5 minutes. Will need to shoot him the test datalog for the final tune along with 3 additional pulls to ensure everything is 100%, but it sure does seem that way already!

Thank you, Greg!

How did you get in touch with him, just sent him and email and go from there? I’m looking to get a tune also.

imakeitreign 04-26-2019 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by 808_runwarrior (Post 24594836)
How did you get in touch with him, just sent him and email and go from there? I’m looking to get a tune also.

Yes, that's what I did and just hoped that he was still doing tunes. Fortunately, he responded a few days later stating that he is doing e-tunes again. His email is gernby.tunes@yahoo.com.

808_runwarrior 04-26-2019 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by imakeitreign (Post 24594850)
Yes, that's what I did and just hoped that he was still doing tunes. Fortunately, he responded a few days later stating that he is doing e-tunes again. His email is gernby.tunes@yahoo.com.

thanks. I will contact him and set something up.

//steve\\ 04-29-2019 11:41 AM

I'm also in the process of e-tuning with him and just waiting on a reply after sending back my 2nd round of logs. I know a few people, including myself had wondered if he was still doing it. He mentioned to me in one of his emails that he tends to take the winter off from all tuning so that may be part of it. It's typically been a few days in between each response so not exactly fast but he's been easy to work with.

WVCR-V 04-29-2019 12:29 PM

I had mine done a couple of years ago. With the high flow cat and stock exhaust it really sounds better in the midrange between 4-6k rpm. Gone is the monotone sound the car had under Vtech. Now it has a bit of a growl when you get on it around 4k.

RolanTHUNDER 04-29-2019 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by imakeitreign (Post 24594806)
I’m running just a 70mm berk test pipe. Planning to do a 70mm exhaust in the future. Not sure about my afr, but I can give you a datalog if you want to take a look. I trust gernby on this hehe.

Sure that would be informative :)
If you can PM the log please go ahead otherwise I can give you my email address. Thanks.