S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Engine Management (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-engine-management-231/)
-   -   Gernby alternative? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-engine-management-231/gernby-alternative-1186532/)

limecrush 07-16-2018 01:51 PM

Gernby alternative?

Does anyone have a recommendation on who to use for an etune besides Gernby? I would love to go through him, but he doesn't seem to be responding

This is for an 08, w/ test pipe and flashpro, otherwise stock.

kwakhead 07-16-2018 03:03 PM

I don't know if he does flashpro, but I'd check with ap1chief. He did my aem & im pleased

AP1Chief 07-16-2018 03:15 PM

I do :D

Mike's 07-17-2018 05:07 AM

AP1Chief

Just been dealing with him over the past week end and all good done some test pulls he saw the data done tune and uploaded to ecu done some more pulls to gather data and we did this till he and i was happy with how the car was running. cold start and hot start are good WOT a/f ratios all good runs like a dream and better than before. He has also been guiding me through how to turn on and off certain things in my AEM EMS which is awesome

Im still learning with AEM Tuner not Fuel or Ignition as i don't want to mess up the tune but learning how to gather the data, set limits so i get warnings adding switched inputs just stuff like that

so in a short one get onto AP1Chief he the new man on the block :tipwink:

Car Analogy 07-20-2018 04:43 AM

Gernby is still around. He just doesn't spend time on this forum anymore. You can contact him via email. He is doing my tune right now.

He is working on a big project, that sprang from his work on writing his own software to build his Flashpro etunes, and doesn't have a lot of spare time. So he is at times a little slow to respond. But he was very up front and made sure I was ok with that before we started.

Chuck S 07-20-2018 08:56 AM

Good information.

-- Chuck

Mugen_is_best 07-23-2018 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Car Analogy (Post 24489924)
Gernby is still around. He just doesn't spend time on this forum anymore. You can contact him via email. He is doing my tune right now.

He is working on a big project, that sprang from his work on writing his own software to build his Flashpro etunes, and doesn't have a lot of spare time. So he is at times a little slow to respond. But he was very up front and made sure I was ok with that before we started.

This.

Champ209 08-03-2018 07:52 AM

Yeah he just replied back to my e-mail the other day, definitely still around and tuning.

Charper732 08-04-2018 12:46 PM

Evans tuning has started doing Etunes. Not to take away from APchief as I have heard nothing but good things from him.

One of the main things to consider is their availability. It REALLY sucks when its hard to get ahold of your tuner to get stuff done..this is especially true if youre doing an etune.

Reid 08-04-2018 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Car Analogy (Post 24489924)

Originally Posted by Champ209 (Post 24495632)
Yeah he just replied back to my e-mail the other day, definitely still around and tuning.

FWIW, I sent him my logs in January.

I haven't heard back from him yet.