S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Gernby eTune review - single best 'mod' available for 06+ S2000s

Old 03-27-2017, 01:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the feed back chuck. Yeah my daily driver is a 2015 Subaru sti , I drove the s2000 today & didn't experience any lag, it might of just been innmy head. I can't wait to get my flashpro & a gernby etune loaded up, after reading your review, I'm pulling the trigger this week. Now starts the parts wait. Also waiting on a couple of venders to shoot me over a price on flashpro.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:43 PM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

Be sure their price includes shipping. They all seem to be selling for the same amount but some charge for freight.

The late version (circa 2015 and later) has Bluetooth and it's possible to monitor several engine parameters via an iPad.

-- Chuck
Old 03-27-2017, 03:45 PM

Heck yeah chuck , thanks for the tip buddy
Old 03-28-2017, 12:17 PM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 05s2k05s2k
After reading all 8 pages , this Friday I'll be ordering flash pro , test pipe & intake & deff a gernby etune .. exhaust will stay stock , does any company make a 60mm test pipe ? I'd rather skip a hfc, we have no emissions testing in TN at all.. from the reviews I'm reading , this will really wake my s2000 up & hopefully fix the dbw lag I've been experiencing. Thanks
Please report back your impressions. I know its been covered a lot before but fresh impressions are always nice to hear.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:43 PM

I will most definitely give a good review wvcr
Old 03-31-2017, 12:31 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I just realized that i never really submitted a review of my experience....

First off, anyone doing research via this thread should also make sure they have read through this one: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-mo...-hfc-s-842575/
It spells a lot of things out well and gives you a good idea how the right combination of parts can help smooth out the mid range and how the wrong combination with effect you adversely.

I have a 2007 Berlina with 40k on the clock. I have had the car for a couple years and last season did an Invidia 60mm Test Pipe, Tanabe Touring Medallion, Flashpro, and Tune. I also have an AEM CAI. I did all of the exhaust at once so i cant comment on any variations from my set up. Upon getting getting everything hooked up I believe I initially loaded the TODA tune, and you could already notice a difference. The process of going out and logging soft pulls can be a little tedious (after 2-3 go-arounds), and some of the calibrations can really have you running high RPM for an extended period, but as they say, "you have to break some eggs to make an omelette."

Once the calibration was completed for my car it was a pretty significant difference. I am very happy with the result, and it has temporarily staved off the need for boost. Part of the satisfaction is peace of mind. Its a tune completed by someone who has a ton of experience, and pays attention to the details. You know you aren't going to run a risk of engine conditions by using a generic tune. On top of that its for your particular car, at your local ambient temps, at your local elevation.

The car really does come awake. The change in the mid range is certainly noticeable, and the transition to vtec/top end is very smooth. While a big Honda fan, I also believe a lot of the "vtec kicked in yo" is perceived from the dip in power right before the "surge" of power. With the tune you dont get that same experience. It just pulls hard, linearly(although still picks up a bit in the last 2k), and feels like it is truly breathing. It almost feels like you took a touch of weight out of the flywheel. It feels like any restriction has been eliminated and the engine is just able to run at its best.

Regarding the exhaust.... My only complaint is that the car is rather loud/boomy when first started and the engine is cold. Within a minute or two it quiets right down and idles at a near stock audible level. I dont experience any drone with my setup, and you really can keep the car quiet, damn near factory quiet below 4.5k. However when you punch and run it to redline the trumpets come out and scream a Honda war-cry, but its a great one. My best friend stated that it sounds more "exotic" than "import" and i couldn't agree more. In less than a year of infrequent weekend driving i got two compliments on the exhaust alone. The fiance digs it as well, so that was a huge plus!

If you lined a stock AP2 up with mine i have zero doubts about who was going to win. Hope you guys/gals enjoy the new toys!
Old 04-18-2017, 04:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm looking for etune, current my "Toda Tune" shows 1 or 2 knocks from 30 mins driving. I want to makesure my car is running and don't want to see knock.
My current setup:
2008 AP2 S20000
FD 4.77
Toda power standard header
Toda Dolphin dual exhaust 60mm
TP 70mm with CEL cat simulator
Hondata
Comptech intake Icebox.

Change file name ecu to fpdl.
Attached Files
File Type: ecu
datalog0006.ecu (2.74 MB, 41 views)

Last edited by hatalu; 04-18-2017 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Adding attachement.