S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Engine Management (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-engine-management-231/)
-   -   Help! My ap2s clutch housing blew up (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-engine-management-231/help-my-ap2s-clutch-housing-blew-up-1171869/)

Norris813 04-20-2017 02:40 PM

Help! My ap2s clutch housing blew up

Damn well looks like I'm going to lht performance to get my car fixed. Was racing a mustang on the highway banging gears and I start to hear this flutter sound and my clutch feels really soft. So I pull of to the side of the road then I hear a loud bang and my oil light come on I shut the car off when I got it home put it on jack stands the clutch housing is broken , cracked my oil pan and looks like it took out the back of my engine block. I'm going to drop the oil pan tonight , But I think my clutch exploded and tore up everything around it.

i bought the car with 64k miles it currently has 80k miles all fluids have been changed and serviced. I don't know the state of the clutch or if it's even the oem clutch in the car and yeah that's pretty much all I have any clue what happen to it?

heres a video of the damage

dc2-2-ap1 04-20-2017 07:04 PM

That is crazy. Sorry to hear. Are you stock power level or boosted? Oem mounts or poly? I thought I had some bad luck, you have me beat. I can't believe it split the block.

s2000Junky 04-20-2017 08:20 PM

Wow! That is amazing and really sucky! Cant believe this destroyed your trans and your engine. Id like to know what the culprit was. Seems like something to do with clutch or flywheel coming off/apart based on local and your description, just cant believe the damage.

So when you say you shut the car off when you got it home, as in you drove the car home like this? It still runs and operates? :scratch:

Chuck S 04-21-2017 03:05 AM

Not sure which make me more nauseous, the damage or the video :) but the damage is severe from what I can see. Is the engine block cracked (I can't watch the video again)? First time I've seen damage like this but I've lead a sheltered life.

-- Chuck

starchland 04-21-2017 04:26 AM

Aftermarket flywheel or someone took too much off the oem is my guess

jsenclosure 04-21-2017 05:29 AM

wow, that sucks. Sorry to hear man. Time to start looking for a new motor and trans

Norris813 04-21-2017 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky (Post 24193093)
Wow! That is amazing and really sucky! Cant believe this destroyed your trans and your engine. Id like to know what the culprit was. Seems like something to do with clutch or flywheel coming off/apart based on local and your description, just cant believe the damage.

So when you say you shut the car off when you got it home, as in you drove the car home like this? It still runs and operates? :scratch:

After the loud bang I turn the car off. I got it towed to my house. But I'm having John at lht look at it next week I'll post updates from what he finds.

Norris813 04-21-2017 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1 (Post 24193067)
That is crazy. Sorry to hear. Are you stock power level or boosted? Oem mounts or poly? I thought I had some bad luck, you have me beat. I can't believe it split the block.

Lol yes it sucks smh and the car is completely stock besides an intake and exhaust.

bruthaboost 04-22-2017 04:15 AM

This is impressive damage. Engine AND transmission taken out. I'm sorry this has happened to you. Looking at that damage, I'd guess the only part of the engine salvageable is the cylinder head and engine accessories. Good luck in what you find and your next direction.

RAIN H8R 04-25-2017 01:57 PM

I can honestly say I have never seen this much damage to the engine and transmission before, especially from just running through the gears.

in for more info on what happened!