S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Engine Management (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-engine-management-231/)
-   -   K24 swap and using flashpro (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-engine-management-231/k24-swap-using-flashpro-1079662/)

K24S2000 04-09-2014 07:45 AM

K24 swap and using flashpro

I'll be swapping a built K24 into a 2004 S2000 sometime this year and I am trying to decide which ECU to go with. AEM looks like the simplest option, but I don't know very much about it and whether the cluster will work with it 100%. I'm familiar with flashpro and KPro seems fairly similar. Others that have done this swap have used KPro with success, but I still don't know what will/won't work.

Another option I'm looking as is using an 06+ si ecu w/ flashpro. I would have to convert the S2000 to drive-by-wire, but that seems like it would be straight forward. I haven't found very much information on this yet, but I am thinking an 06+ S2000 cluster would give me better compatibility.

I can follow pinouts and do custom wiring, but I've never done anything even close to this. Any help from the community with this being possible and how it can be done would be greatly appreciated!

booost02 04-09-2014 08:09 AM

I just finished this swap a few weeks ago and went the Kpro route. I originally made my own harness from an RSX harness and an S2000 harness but did not like how heat cycled and hard the wires were. So I gave Wireworx a call and had them make me a harness at a great price, I just sent them all of my plugs and told them what I wanted. Made life quite a bit easier and I had a brand new harness with all Mil spec wires.

My car is also an 04. I would just recommend going with the Kpro/AEM or anything that is plug and play with the RSX as it is proven and that is what most people have gone with. There isn't much information out on this swap as a whole and I had to sort out a whole lot of issues on my own. Trying to go with a different engine management like flashpro will likely just add more issues.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.

wadzii 04-09-2014 10:17 AM

aem really would be the easiest and the gauges will work 2 different ways.. you can reconfigure an s2000 6052 ems to run the k24 and the gauges will work fine, or you can use the RSX aem ems and the modifry ect fix to make the coolant gauge work. The aem tach ouput is configurable so you can take the values from the s2000 base map if the tach is off. Or you could use aem infinity and make your own jumper harness or have one made.

booost02 04-09-2014 10:41 AM

That is certainly a benefit as I do not have a working ECT at the moment, until I order up the modifry part. Main reason I went with the Kpro was the ability to pass emissions since AEM doesn't support OBD2 port use.

K24S2000 04-09-2014 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by booost02 (Post 23105140)
That is certainly a benefit as I do not have a working ECT at the moment, until I order up the modifry part. Main reason I went with the Kpro was the ability to pass emissions since AEM doesn't support OBD2 port use.

This is what has me thinking I would like to try to get an 06+ si ecu w/ flashpro to work. A working immobilizer, obd2 port. Just a better ecu setup IMO. If it can work with the chassis and cluster that is. I just don't know enough about it and info is hard to come across.

Could anyone chime in on whether there is a version of the S2000 cluster that will work with this ecu? Possibly the 06+ S2000 clusters?

booost02 04-09-2014 01:02 PM

You get all of the capability minus the immobilizer with the Kpro. I'm not sure why you;d go through all of the added cost and issues just for that.

But I would look into people putting an S2K cluster in the 06+ Si perhaps to see how doable it is, although it's probably uncommon if ever done.

K24S2000 04-09-2014 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by booost02 (Post 23105382)
You get all of the capability minus the immobilizer with the Kpro. I'm not sure why you;d go through all of the added cost and issues just for that.

But I would look into people putting an S2K cluster in the 06+ Si perhaps to see how doable it is, although it's probably uncommon if ever done.

It's going to be a few months before I do this so I'm looking at all my options. The more functional the better and being ultra unique doesn't hurt either haha. I'm always getting help from the honda enthusiast community, so maybe this could be something I can do that's never been done and share it.

I was actually thinking it might not cost that much more, just a lot of researching. However, I haven't looked into everything yet like the price of converting it to DBW. Si ECUs and flashpro are pretty cheap.

My main unknown is if the CAN BUS communication link of the 06+ si ecu will work with an 06+ S2000 cluster. And of course there could be unknown unknowns.

With KPro you got all your gauges working no issues? Coolant temp in all? Are you using the rywire conversion harness made for KPro?

streetthrowback 12-22-2018 08:22 PM

Just wanted to chine in because I have been looking everywhere and noticed there is no info on this, for people like me who has a 07 dbw would like to do a k24 swap, keep the dbw and the imobilizer working came across some options after speaking with a lot of people, looks like we can go down aem because of canbus but then I wasn't too sure if I will pass ny state inspection or keep my immobilizer because I will be driving the car and tracking it, I also looked into haltec, from what I herd it also does canbus and its proven to pass nys inspection not sure about the inspection part, but the cheaper option is ktuner which is what I'm working on now and its so much cheaper than the others, you can use it for other models and you can keep the stock ecu which is what I liked about it and I can keep the immobilizer, kpro doesnt do dbw which is a bummer bc I used them in my lotus kswap, but my s2000 is a 07 so I have to deal with the dbw and I wasn't going to change the gas pedal run a cable blah blah blah, I wanted something that is plug and play sort of, I'm going to start a thread soon because I haven't seen someone with a kswap in a dbw or if they did they haven't shared it :( my only thing right now is the wiring, trying to wire the body harness, I was trying to see if someone can help me if they have done one, any help would be highly appreciative

Chibo 12-23-2018 07:12 PM

Have you checked the kswapped s2000 facebook group? I hate facebook groups since the info isn't easily searchable like forums, but there is a lot of knowledge there.

streetthrowback 12-23-2018 07:13 PM

I wouldn't know because i don't have Facebook :(