S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Engine Management (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-engine-management-231/)
-   -   pcm flash bitedit tools anyone using them? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-engine-management-231/pcm-flash-bitedit-tools-anyone-using-them-1180770/)

fuzzysig 01-07-2018 04:58 PM

pcm flash bitedit tools anyone using them?

from ecutools.eu
PCMFlash
BitEdit
i use this kit for the RL to reflash
it gives you basic map editor and few other options depending on the car which is better than nothing
i belive they also support the ap2 ecureflash and editing.
it works on most of the 2004-up cars since they are all required to be flashable for emissions purposes

ap1 is one of the few that cant be flashed without replacing the oki processor

the supported ecu list is on their webpage

the kit consists of:
tactrix hardware
PCMflasher software to slash the file
bitedit software to edit maps
or WinOls if you actually know how to code... but then you probably already know about winols
and specific ecu modules for whatever ecu you are using it for
i have k-line and can ecu modules ( havent tried it on anything else besides RL)
i belive this is a good alternative to hondata ktuner

the bitedit/pcmflash is a new combination so they are still developing more features and little birdie told me that someone is working on RTP version of software.

im not getting paid for this or anything. just sharing the info that i found for anyone interested. PGMFI forum finally wakes up from teh dead and take on another project to make something open source for obd2 lol

shind3 05-29-2018 06:25 PM

Very interesting. Can you do a stock read of an S2000 ECU and post it here?
RomRaider • View topic - Honda Development

fuzzysig 07-07-2018 03:24 PM

I asked the tuner and he said to read the stock ecu you need to remove the chip and read it externally
I belive ap2 is able to be reflashed with that kit unless theres a programmable chip for ap1 theres really nothing you can do as far as I can tell. ( I searched for long time, that's how I stumbled on the above kit and bought it for the RL)

Chuck S 07-08-2018 04:05 AM

Only the 2006+ S2000 ECU can be flashed. Previous cars need an aftermarket or piggy-backed ECU. I think some of the Acura ECUs can be adapted or piggy backed onto the S2000 ECU.

-- Chuck

shind3 07-18-2018 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by fuzzysig (Post 24484668)
I asked the tuner and he said to read the stock ecu you need to remove the chip and read it externally
I belive ap2 is able to be reflashed with that kit unless theres a programmable chip for ap1 theres really nothing you can do as far as I can tell. ( I searched for long time, that's how I stumbled on the above kit and bought it for the RL)

It looks like you didn't read the thread I linked to...

You can read the stock ECU using the software tool mentioned within.

Chuck S 07-19-2018 04:02 AM

I tried but it made no sense (to me :) ). Is the "chip" in the old ECU socketed or does it have to be desoldered? (Just curious how difficult or technical this is.)

-- Chuck

shind3 11-24-2018 02:03 PM

These ECUs are read/write through the OBD2 port.

The difficult thing is on the software side of getting the software protocols correct. That guy on RR seems to be the best sources for this as of this moment. In fact, K-Tuner uses this exact same method with the same cable even. Hondata also uses the same method but they have a fancy hardware interface to make you think it's something special. It is not. It's all about the software and the seed/key algorithm.