S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Engine Management (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-engine-management-231/)
-   -   Yet another happy Gernby eTune topic (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-engine-management-231/yet-another-happy-gernby-etune-topic-1036408/)

SummerDream 08-02-2013 11:28 AM

Yet another happy Gernby eTune topic

So, after doing much reading about how great Greg(Gernby)'s eTunes with Flashpro on 2006+ MY are, I contacted him and finally got the ball rolling. Well, it's tuned now, and all I can say is that everything you've heard great about Greg is all true. I'm a stickler for quality, quality, quality - hardware and software - and so is Greg. He's extremely thorough and meticulous to every little detail. His documentation/instructions are accurate and easy to comprehend, and his service and commitment for satisfaction is second to none. The entire process of getting the datalogs was easy and safe to execute.

My S with just HFC (for now) with stock exhaust feels so smooth in its power delivery and everyday driving has improved so much. Car's just so much more fun to drive. I have exhaust install planned for the very near future, and Greg will cover touch-up tunes for FREE, which is a huge plus!

So if you want to tune your car now, just do it with what you have and as long as you're doing bolt-on mods down the road, have piece of mind knowing that Greg will support you with touch-ups along your mod-journey.

Get your Flashpro, get your TP or HFC, and just call up Greg.

davidnyc 08-11-2013 06:10 PM

I just sent my logs to him tonight. That 600 log was hard to do. I almost ran out of road!

gizzard 08-11-2013 09:02 PM

Can you give a summary of the process? I want to prepare myself (and a Windows laptop).

lleron 08-12-2013 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by gizzard (Post 22719069)
Can you give a summary of the process? I want to prepare myself (and a Windows laptop).

You need a place that you can consistently and repeatedly accelerate from ~15-75 mph (~20 times). I had a hard time figuring out where to do this, but found a local highway with many exit and entrance ramps where you could exit the highway and re-enter right away.

SummerDream 08-12-2013 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by gizzard (Post 22719069)

The super easy-to-follow step-by-step process is given to you by Gernby himself when you reach out to him and initiate the tuning. So don't worry about prepping for that.

All you need to do is to get a Flashpro and the mods you want to tune with installed, and on you laptop, install Flshpro Manger. As lleron has said already, pick a good and safe spot to do your datalogs which should take you 45mins - 1:30mins in total depending on your circumstances.

It's easy. Just get your mods installed and your flashpro/flahshpro manager and contact Gernby.

gizzard 08-12-2013 02:39 PM

Thanks, that's very helpful!

BirdShot 09-16-2013 08:24 AM

Greg (gernby) is awesome. I knew little about the process beforehand but was recommended to use his tuning by a friend. He made it into a different car, huge drivability increase and ideal for autocross.

Process is fairly easy, his service level is top notch and the price is great.

s1mba 09-16-2013 07:07 PM

In the process of doing mine.. just have to wait for this stupid weather to get better so I can start datalogging. Hoping to post a review after as well :)