S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

GMK's DBW FullBlown turbo build

Old 03-18-2011, 08:15 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default GMK's DBW FullBlown turbo build

**be sure to check all updates later in thread! Turbo installed pics on page 7*
****UPDATES PAGE 25. I am not dead I swear***
****NEW NEW UPDATE: 11/27/2020 S2Kaiju is ALLIIVVEEEEEEEE mUuahAHahahAHahhah****

It was a day back in 01, I worked as a Bellman @ a hotel in Asheville. It was like any other day, I came in to work, grabbed my cart, and headed to the top floor of the 12 story hotel. It so happens that the top floor has quite an excellent view of the mountains behind the hotel and I occasionally like to take a moment and soak them in, but this day was a little different. The parking lot below which normally held ho-hum cars from space to space was instead filled with very specific patterns of color. I had to have a better look.

It was the first S2kDays @ the Renaissance Hotel in Asheville, over 100 s2000s parked below captured my attention. It was then that I decided I wanted an S2000.

A few years later I bought an 04 Rio Yellow S2000. I had big plans for this car. I REALLY wanted to have an FI S2000 with 400whp. I was determined to boost my new s2k.

My first N/a Mod

Unfortunately I took it in for a warranty repair for 1st gear popping out during decel. Long Story short and 4 tranny rebuilds later, they had left a shop rag in the tranny bending all sorts of stuff. I was already pretty exasperated with the whole deal and ended up trading it back in to the selling dealer for my 06 Silverstone.

it didnt take long, I had already had it all planned out and the car the KraftWerks Supercharger went on right away. I was one of the first to purchase the KW s/c and at the time was expecting to be able to upgrade later and get 400whp @ 12psi based on the SEMA spec KW car, well. We all know how that turned out. KraftWerks stated the blower was being already overspun @ 10psi, so i was limited to 355whp. It was a disappointment as although the car was quick. It fell just barely short of the feeling I was expecting/looking for.

Sneaky Black intercooler

KW install

Finally Installed, but with the Mocal hidden under the cross-member for a little more stealth action

KW s/c 10psi 355whp
Stock Exhaust

I used to make intakes back in the day, So i thought hey it would be neat to make this Mugen intake work with my KW s/c. It made the system creepy quiet, but unfortunately it couldn't flow enough air for the S/C and I lost 20whp. Oh well it looked awesome for a hot minute.

Hey this car looks a little boring. Lets add a mugen lip shall we?

How about some CE28s?

I was getting bored of 350whp, so I installed a Richmond 4.57 rear diff to give that feeling of TQ and power. It certainly did the trick.

and some KW variant 3 coil overs

I added a Shine Hardtop to complete the look

Shine/Spoon style Hardtop
Volk Ce28 18"
KW v3 coilovers
Mugen front lip
4.57 gears
KraftWerks supercharged 355whp @ 10psi
Spoon Tq brace
OEM exhaust

and it was TONS of fun to drive

oh I almost forgot about the ASURA Exhaust and Shine rear diffusor

Last edited by GrandMasterKhan; 11-27-2020 at 12:18 PM. Reason: S2Kaiju is ALLIIVVEEEEEEEE mUuahAHahahAHahhah
Old 03-18-2011, 08:16 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

But then the FAIL started to happen. After multiple pulleys eating bearings in less than 10k miles I was getting fed up with my KW kit. OJR was quick to send new and updated pulleys, but this being my only car any down time was bad.

Well, it didn't stop there. Now with a completely new drive belt system including a new tensioner and all updated pulleys, my water pump pulley failed. AWESOME.

About a few months later I was driving to National Speed to help a local film student with some screen time. On my way back my car simply wouldn't start. No, jump start, roll start nothing, the rear wheels would drag on the ground. WTF?

Turns out the Supercharger had seized itself solid.

I had to improvise so I could drive the car na. Dual intakes really tripped out the local ricer crowd.

so i am trucking around na and oh look a pin hole in my oil line AWESOME. that's what 5 qts of oil looks like.

So, I get the s/c replaced under warranty but I have other things in mind. So its back to N/A yet again, but this time the stock airbox wont cut it.

But this too is short lived, and I suffer engine failure. DAMMIT

So, now the build begins.

I decided to go with the FullBlown twin scroll turbo kit. I want a turbo kit which will give that feeling to power that is just incredible, and puts you in the back of the seat. I will be shooting for 450-500whp on 93 octane, with future goals of 600whp for race gas if i ever so feel inclined to do so.

-Laskey/ASURA built Benson sleeved 2.0 block
-9300rpm redline (UK AP2 9k cluster already installed)
-10.5:1 CP pistons
-Pauter rods
-ACL race bearings
-07 head
-Inconel exhaust valves, stainless intake valves
-Titanium valve springs and retainers
-3 angle valve job
-ARP headstuds
-Full Blown twinscroll manifold
-Precision 6265 turbo
-A/C line relocation kit
-DEI Titanium wrap on the downpipe.

-Bosch 900cc injectors
-Aeromotive 300lph pump with FullBlown return conversion
-3" Asura Dual exhaust
-3" Asura HFC

-PuddyMod stage 2 diff with 4.10
-04 tranny
-06 tranny to be rebuilt (bad 4th gear syncro), planning on installing an AP1 secondary reduction gear, and cryo treating all the gears

I decided this time I am going to get the build done exactly how I want. The power I want and no compromises.

-Full blown twin-scroll manifold

-Full Blown radiator

Precision Intercooler and its new friend

More goodies? Wastegates, 1000cc Bosch Injectors

I will continue to update this thread as parts arrive and as the build comes together. If you guys see anything you might recommend for my build be sure to comment and let me know
Old 03-18-2011, 08:24 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Damn man...I didn't know you're engine gave up on you.

I'll definitely be following this. Then I'll come up and visit again to take a closer peek.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice
Old 03-18-2011, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's definitely been a journey bro I didn't know your engine had seized . Any reason you are going with a 6265 over 6262?

Btw how do you like the headliner you got from Gavin?

Should be an interesting build for sure, you definitely have the proper parts lined up. Consider me subscribed
Old 03-18-2011, 10:42 PM

Good stuff!
Old 03-19-2011, 05:43 AM

That manifold is a work of art! Should be a beast when it's done.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

U went thru a lot but glad ur not giving up. Can't wait to see ur end results.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, quite the journey. I had the Asura exhaust and HFC on the Mase kit and it sounded awesome. The HFC does certainly tame the exhaust note vs not having one in there. You could really hear the difference between my car and another members car with same kit, same exhaust. The only difference was my 3 inch HFC vs. his test pipe. Looking forward to seeing how your build turns out. The aeromotive pump is really nice and quiet also
Old 03-19-2011, 08:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice looking setup!

Quick Reply: GMK's DBW FullBlown turbo build