S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AEM EMS Series 2 Flex Fuel

Old 08-22-2013, 05:33 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^Yes

Just uploaded the new firmware/converted my calibrations (to 02v02). Still need to order an FCS sensor.

FIXED BUGS OVERVIEW
Accel vs Coolant Temp
Accel vs Coolant Temp table was not correctly modifying the accel fuel calculation.

dTPS Accel
The delta throttle value was not being correctly processed.

Crank Inject All

No Initial Crank Pulse would be delivered if Crank Inject All was turned on.

Initial Crank Pulse

No Initial Crank Pulse would be delivered if total initial pulse value was greater than 50ms

Start Extra Decay
Start Extra Decay would start to count down before engine had actually started.

Staged Fuel

The secondary injector battery offset time was being delivered even if the stage injectors weren’t
actively being used.

O2 FB Accel Max
O2 Feedback Accel Max function would only work if set to zero.

Boost Target RPM
Boost target value would change once engine speed went beyond the last rpm breakpoint on the
Boost Target RPM table.

Boost Error
Boost Error value would change if boost error was beyond either the minimum or maximum displayed
Boost Error table value.

O2 FB Decel Inhibit
Accel O2 FB Hold channel would load incorrect inhibit time when in DFCO.

(borrowed from AEM Series 2 EMS Setup notes-02v02 Firmware updates.pdf)
Old 08-22-2013, 05:37 AM

NEW FEATURE & FUNCTION OVERVIEW

Flex Fuel Control
There are now a second set of Flex Fuel and Ignition maps along with tables that blend between the
primary Fuel and Ignition maps and these Flex maps based on the fuel’s ethanol content. Along with
the additional Flex Fuel and Ignition maps, there is a Flex O2 Feedback map, a set of Flex Boost
Target tables, a Flex Initial Crank Pulse table, a Flex Crank Injector Time table, a Flex Warm Up
Enrichment table, and a Flex Accel vs Coolant Temp table. The fuel’s ethanol content is measured by
directly connecting to a GM-type fuel composition sensor (FCS).

Dual Fuel/Ignition Maps
All of the Flex maps and tables can also be utilized through a switch input on applications that do not
use a FCS.

O2 Lean Out Protection
An O2 Kill Limit table has been added that establishes a maximum allowable AFR based on engine
load. When a lean condition is detected, an Engine Protection Rev Limit is enabled. There is also an
optional user configurable Engine Protection Output.

Fuel Pressure Protection
The EMS measures fuel pressure using a user assigned 0-5v analog input. A Fuel Pressure Limit
table has been added that establishes a minimum allowable fuel pressure based on engine load.
When a low pressure condition is detected, a Fuel Pressure Rev Limit is enabled. There is also an
optional user configurable Fuel Pressure Output.

Oil Pressure Protection
The EMS measures oil pressure using a user assigned 0-5v analog input. An Oil Pressure Limit table
has been added that establishes a minimum allowable oil pressure based on engine speed. When a
low pressure condition is detected, an Oil Pressure Rev Limit is enabled. There is also an optional
user configurable Oil Pressure Output.

Coolant Temp Protection
New options have been added to introduce a rev limiter if the engine is too hot or too cold.

Knock Control
The EMS can determine which cylinder is detonating depending on when in the engine cycle the
knock sensor was sampled. Ignition and fuel trims will be performed on a per-cylinder basis: if only
one cylinder is detected as knocking the fuel and ignition for other cylinders (without knock) will not be
changed. The EMS checks the knock sensor in between coil firing events and associates that knock
value with the cylinder that last fired. Per-cylinder knock detection is only possible with sequential
ignition and does not work with wasted spark ignitions or distributors.

Spare Pressure/Temperature Inputs
There are now two additional spare pressure and temperature channels that allow you to view the
inputs in engineering units instead of raw voltages.

3 Step Limiter
New 3 Step Rev Limit maps gives fuel, ignition, and ignition retard rev limit based on vehicle speed
and gear. Intended to help traction-limited vehicles.

Boost Target Trim Table
New Boost Target Trim table has user selectable analog input. Primarily meant to be used with the
AEM 12 Position Universal Trim Pot (AEM Part Number 30-2056).

Battery Filter
New Battery Filter option allows end user to select their desired level of filtering for the Battery Volts
channel.

Calibration ID

Calibration notes can now be stored directly within the calibration for easier identification. Limited to
354 characters.

(borrowed from AEM Series 2 EMS Setup notes-02v02 Firmware updates.pdf)
Old 08-22-2013, 01:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im about to order the sensor and harness. Is there a smaller one out or is this the one to buy?
Old 08-22-2013, 01:27 PM

http://paceperformance.com/i-1080149...ensor-e85.html

this one is a lot smaller. Will this one work just as well?
Old 08-22-2013, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by liquidgsr
Im about to order the sensor and harness. Is there a smaller one out or is this the one to buy?
That's the one you want Nesar. The older style (cast aluminum) has unequal diameter inlet/outlet (not a dealbreaker, obviously, but the one 'indi00' is using is probably easier to retrofit).

EDIT: that smaller one looks like it would be just as easy to retrofit onto the return line; you should contact Neema (neeman777). He is using adapters to convert the FCS inlet/outlet to AN.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:13 PM

I am going to order the smaller one most likely with the harness and going to have the shop install it before I get my car back.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by liquidgsr
I am going to order the smaller one most likely with the harness and going to have the shop install it before I get my car back.
Cool. What size is your return line? -8AN?
Old 08-22-2013, 06:13 PM

Yeah.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:43 AM

indi00, how do you like the changeover from AEMLog to AEMData?
Old 08-23-2013, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by herecomesboost
indi00, how do you like the changeover from AEMLog to AEMData?
Was pulling my hair out trying to figure how to work AEMData. I quit a couple times until I watch some youtube videos. I think I got the hang of it. I like the drag and drop feature a lot. Only thing I miss is having the log to compile of the max and min values during a logging session. Haven't found that feature in AEMData yet.

One annoyance I have with the new AEMTuner logging session is when you shut off your engine, you loose that logging session. Very annoying because I'm use to shutting off the engine then saving the data. Now you need to save your data before turning the engine off.

Here's the first data log I ran this morning on E85. at 16 degrees of Ignition advance, I'm getting 1.5 knock volts. I was running 9.5 degrees on 91oct to get knock volts < 2. Now the car felt so much torquer at 16 degrees. Only disappointment is that I'm still under the 500whp mark.

On the second run, I bumped the Ignition advance up to 20degrees but was getting clutch slip at around 6K rpm. Had a very bad clutch smell. Every time I do a hard boost now, I'm getting clutch slip around 6K rpm. Think I glazed my clutch. Going to put in another OEM clutch disc and see how it holds. I'm on the ACT Heavy Duty clutch plate with street disc. Think I'm pushing it with this clutch setup and power if I go > 25psi.

Here's my baseline pull.

Graph below is a set of varying ignition advance at 15psi on 91oct. Look at the knock volts on 91oct at 16 degrees of advance. Love E85.

Quick Reply: AEM EMS Series 2 Flex Fuel