S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AEM infinity 506

Old 07-07-2017, 08:34 AM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by MorngWoodStewie
i saw this to. And sos harness for 06+ is like $605 alone. So with ecu its "discounted"
Hey bro,

I purchased my car from the old owner with a lovefab gt3076 kit on it and it was tuned using an AEM infinity. The stock ECU controls so many things on the 2006+ cars that it makes the car want to kill itself if you try and run an non honda ECU to tune the thing.

I drove my car from Michigan to New Mexico. The old owner assured it was built well etc. (that's a topic for later discussion). I wanted to tell you, my traction control / VSA, my oil minder / maint light, check engine light (just because of the harness that was used), cruise control, and even the air conditioner were ALL PISSED / throwing lights / not working. When i reached Texas the car would STAY on while the ignition was OFF and the key was taken out (another dont ask reference).

While i understand it was installed / wired in a VERY half asses manner, it had a harness from a reputable company and it was still doing all of this utterly stupid (insert bad word). I had nothing but headaches when the infinity was on my 2007. The first thing i did was sell that headache off and get flashpro. Now all my factory systems are happy and fully functional *(AC works, Cruise works, Traction control works, etc.). My car is turbo again + boost by gear. While i understand the limitations of flashpro, until i start demanding more of my car i wont go that route again.

That being said it is really a bad ass platform. I will tell you that SOS has their act together for the most part and the markup you pay for = the time they took to figure out the wiring and make sure the infinity ecu has flawless integration with your stock s2000 cluster and other related systems (wish their harness was released when i was building my car).

You need their harness + other related add on's to fully integrate the system into the 2006+ s2000.

Just my .02 cents bro.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:42 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Thank you for the input. I would deffly have a word if that much was going on for a plug n play harness for $605 in that case your probably right. On top of being a smaller co. And marking up the labor. All it says is you need something for coolant gauge so if any of that other stuff was going on i would be pissed.

The rest is just done on the software (vsa/traction control)
Old 07-10-2017, 02:51 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The problem with AEM stuff is it tends to be buggy when first released and takes quite a few firmware/software revisions till they are ironed out, with the infinity we are at that point now. It was the same with V2 early days.

AEM get the hardware of GEMS which are a British company, but i believe when it comes to the software GEMS have nothing to do with it.
The following users liked this post:
R00567 (07-10-2017)
Old 07-11-2017, 09:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The markup isnt that bad considering all the headache their solution saves you. Their mount plugs right into factory location, the original AEM and other harnesses have leads and wires going all over the place.

The infinity, today, is leaps and bounds above what the V2 is. Any reputable tuner can vouch for this but many of us may not use all the capabilities the infinity is capable of unless you are high power turbo.

Im S/C'd, the infinitys VE and fuel pressure monitoring are amazing, I had a fuel pump on its way out and infinity watched pressure and re adjusted things so i didnt lose the engine on a pull.

SoS isnt trying to fleece anyone, they have costs associated with R and D of all the custom parts and options they offer us. If they flipped them at invoice like most cheap bro shops, they would be out of business overnight.

Sure infinity hasnt been perfect, but it is IMO at this point with my setup. Just make sure you spend the money and do it right, take it to a tuner who has had his hands on it before and you should be fine. It cost a pretty penny to get set up and in the end it has been stellar.
The following users liked this post:
R00567 (07-13-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 11:57 AM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Chitoki
The markup isnt that bad considering all the headache their solution saves you. Their mount plugs right into factory location, the original AEM and other harnesses have leads and wires going all over the place.

The infinity, today, is leaps and bounds above what the V2 is. Any reputable tuner can vouch for this but many of us may not use all the capabilities the infinity is capable of unless you are high power turbo.

Im S/C'd, the infinitys VE and fuel pressure monitoring are amazing, I had a fuel pump on its way out and infinity watched pressure and re adjusted things so i didnt lose the engine on a pull.

SoS isnt trying to fleece anyone, they have costs associated with R and D of all the custom parts and options they offer us. If they flipped them at invoice like most cheap bro shops, they would be out of business overnight.

Sure infinity hasnt been perfect, but it is IMO at this point with my setup. Just make sure you spend the money and do it right, take it to a tuner who has had his hands on it before and you should be fine. It cost a pretty penny to get set up and in the end it has been stellar.
what year is your car? is it a 2006+? what did you have to get to make everything work? is your stock dash fully functional or does it look like a Christmas tree with things lit up? I'm curious about this setup as well just not sure after having bad experience with it earlier.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:07 PM

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Not happy with the Ktuner?

Feel like SOS teaming up with Ktuner to make a product could of done better with it.....

We bring you new product for 06-09 guys, buy it .....

lol

wishes Flashpro had flex fuel
Old 07-17-2017, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by StocS2k
Not happy with the Ktuner?

Feel like SOS teaming up with Ktuner to make a product could of done better with it.....

We bring you new product for 06-09 guys, buy it .....

lol

wishes Flashpro had flex fuel
well i love the touch, it has ethanol gauge and all obd port sensor support. Bbg is good.

You really cant argue reflash against standalone though. Compensation tables and wired in fuel pump sensor reading. Safety measures, biggest of all to me is the boost column fuel trimming. I dont live in a one season state anymore. Not that im particularly unhappy with ktuner, more just want a more boost friendly "capabilities" for extended "leave n forget" i know this isnt a leave n forget kinda hobby but the features really do sound great. For a reflash management it does everything and then some compared to others for this application. in hindsight i was looking at my older tune from hawaii and stfts were all over the place and now they are really close to 0 (after a retune) soo im feeling better about it. Maybe not in such a rush now.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did you need to add to the ktunner to make it plug and play// flex fuel ready

i have flashpro but am ready to switch to a flex fuel set up.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by volcomboy390
What did you need to add to the ktunner to make it plug and play// flex fuel ready

i have flashpro but am ready to switch to a flex fuel set up.
you can do it without the touch (ktuner flash) (but you wont have an ethanol readout) which technically if it was tuned "flex" it wouldnt matter, but to each his own. So on top of that youll need The ktuner flex fuel converter, ethanol sensor... thats it.

the converter re pins your secondary ect iirc and bbg re pins from an emission box by the fuel tank. The sensor splices into the converter, the converter gets power, and re pins into the ecu.

Last edited by MorngWoodStewie; 07-17-2017 at 01:32 PM.