S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AEM startup woes

Old 08-17-2008, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM startup woes

Well I've finally got about everything wrapped up on my setup and decided to throw on my AEM 1052 and start it up. I connected it, used the 1.19 base map and used the wizards to change the sensors to the AEM 3.5 MAP and Siemens 875cc injectors. I then sent the map to the EMS. I started it up, it ran just fine, idled fine. Turned it off and started it up again, pulled it out of the garage as I was cleaning my entire garage. I went to put it back in and now it just turns over without starting. I didn't touch anything, the computer is still hooked up to the EMS. Before I start tinkering with the AEM software, any ideas? I'm not too familiar with the AEM software yet, but I have a little "general" knowledge.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:55 PM

Are you getting spark / signal to plugs? Does it sound like its getting fuel (is the pump priming)?

John
Old 08-17-2008, 04:27 PM

this is what aem does.
im not laughing at your misfortune, just tired of hearing this same story over and over. on forum after forum. buy Fcon, your car will then start every time.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by S2oooNvegas,Aug 17 2008, 05:27 PM

this is what aem does.
im not laughing at your misfortune, just tired of hearing this same story over and over. on forum after forum. buy Fcon, your car will then start every time.
Are you kidding me??? If you have nothing to help then why comment?

There are several reasons that could cause it not to start. Low Battery voltage, temp correction map or base timing that has to be set at first startup.

The AEM is a very good unit and is as close to plug and play you can get but does need to be configured properly in order to start/run.

Worse case reload the map and start from scratch.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:26 PM

[QUOTE=S2oooNvegas,Aug 17 2008, 07:27 PM]

this is what aem does.
im not laughing at your misfortune,
Old 08-18-2008, 07:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=S2oooNvegas,Aug 17 2008, 07:27 PM]

this is what aem does.
im not laughing at your misfortune,
Old 08-18-2008, 08:25 AM

The AEM can have issues that no one can fix in their garage. After doing the turbo install on my car I couldn't get it to start AT ALL w/the AEM. Started fine w/the stock ECU, would just crank away w/the AEM, no spark. Sent it back to AEM, it was a bad unit from the get go, took them 2 weeks to get mine fixed and back to me, since then everything's been fine.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mistman,Aug 18 2008, 09:25 AM
The AEM can have issues that no one can fix in their garage. After doing the turbo install on my car I couldn't get it to start AT ALL w/the AEM. Started fine w/the stock ECU, would just crank away w/the AEM, no spark. Sent it back to AEM, it was a bad unit from the get go, took them 2 weeks to get mine fixed and back to me, since then everything's been fine.
And this happens WAY more than it should. I dont have anything against the boys down at AEM, but the aem ems just seems to be a pita on too consistent of a basis, for me to give it 5 stars.

Just wait, till he goes downtown, and parks somewhere, and comes out...nenenenenenenenenenene wont start.... for no reason.
Or leaves the dome light on by accident, and needs a jump. Car wont start, oh shit, have to go home and get the laptop, and reload my basemap/saved tune..

Sorry if i sound like a dick, as i said, im just tired of hearing so many mishaps with this particular item.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:17 AM

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by S2oooNvegas,Aug 18 2008, 11:49 AM
And this happens WAY more than it should. I dont have anything against the boys down at AEM, but the aem ems just seems to be a pita on too consistent of a basis, for me to give it 5 stars.

Just wait, till he goes downtown, and parks somewhere, and comes out...nenenenenenenenenenene wont start.... for no reason.
Or leaves the dome light on by accident, and needs a jump. Car wont start, oh shit, have to go home and get the laptop, and reload my basemap/saved tune..

Sorry if i sound like a dick, as i said, im just tired of hearing so many mishaps with this particular item.
its in the tune, not the unit. I have never been stranded or had the car not start up within 3-5 cranks, even when its hot, or 10 degrees outside! I have also kept the battery unplugged for over a week, and when i plug in the battery, it starts right up! It just seems like you don't like the EMS!

OT! Its probably to do with your warm start tables or battery offset tables. try checking what the coolant temps are when you go to start the car up again, and then go from there with fuel add/subtraction.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:26 AM

The AEM EMS does not like low battery voltage to start.

Quick Reply: AEM startup woes