S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Aeromotive bolt on FPR, opinions?

Old 10-06-2015, 08:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Aeromotive bolt on FPR, opinions?

I finally got my car on a proper dyno, and we saw some funny fuel issues at 7k & up. Tuner had to remove fuel, and he said it should be flat there, seems to indicate surging fuel pressure, and the OEM fpr is getting overwhelmed.

So I'm looking to upgrade my regulator, but I have heard bad things about the AEM one and my tuner also didn't want me to get it. Aeromotive has one that is a direct bolt in, though a bit spendy compared to other options. But then not needing all of the AN fittings & such helps to balance that out.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ae...onda/year/2004

Does anyone have any experience with this part? Is it worth the extra $?

For reference - Grams 320lph pump, grams 1000cc injectors at 72% IDC
Old 10-06-2015, 09:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used the Aeromotive direct fits on other Hondas, and never had a problem...

Are the fuel oscillations possibly from the removal of the stock Fuel Pulse Dampener on the rail? I've seen that solved in the past with a fuel feed that has some inner 'flex' (rubber lined compared to ptfe lined)...honestly tho, having a FPR that can vent enough backflow would prob solve yer probs. OEM FPR aren't really designed to be 1:1 boost regulators ...
Old 10-06-2015, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Suprdave
I've used the Aeromotive direct fits on other Hondas, and never had a problem...

Are the fuel oscillations possibly from the removal of the stock Fuel Pulse Dampener on the rail? I've seen that solved in the past with a fuel feed that has some inner 'flex' (rubber lined compared to ptfe lined)...honestly tho, having a FPR that can vent enough backflow would prob solve yer probs. OEM FPR aren't really designed to be 1:1 boost regulators ...
Thanks for the reply.

The problem is best shown on the fuel map, note the highlighted area where he had to pull fuel (this is 14+ manifold pressure, 7000+ rpm. It got to the point he started to doubt my gauge was accurate, and wasn't comfortable removing more. We had no way to measure fuel pressure at the time, so we can't be certain what happened.

The stock pulsation damper is still in use. All of the factory return system is completely in tact and in use, except for the pump & injectors.

Edit - accidentally wrote "returnless" fuel system. This is an 04 and of course is a return system.
Attached Thumbnails Aeromotive bolt on FPR, opinions?-fuel-map.jpg  
Old 10-07-2015, 04:15 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That regulator looks nice in my experience I had no luck with a rail mounted regulator, if I were you I would run a -6 line form the oem hard feed line replace the rail and get a external regulator and run a line back to the tank.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by staylor725
That regulator looks nice in my experience I had no luck with a rail mounted regulator, if I were you I would run a -6 line form the oem hard feed line replace the rail and get a external regulator and run a line back to the tank.
Damn, really? That a lot more involved than I was hoping for. What power level do you have in mind with that setup?
Old 10-07-2015, 09:23 AM

Just realized I said returnless fuel system in first post, which of course it isn't.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:40 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Try it out see how it works, I was just sharing my experience with rail mounted regulator some have had no problems just didn't work for me. But if I could do it over again I would have done it right the first time while saving some money, time, and headache's.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have no issues with my rail mounted AEM FPR. I just had to change the orifice to the large gold one when using a 320lph pump.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soulicious
I have no issues with my rail mounted AEM FPR. I just had to change the orifice to the large gold one when using a 320lph pump.

No issues here either with my AEM FPR.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:47 PM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

have had the aeromotive reg for 20+k miles works great and having a port to check pressure is nice

Quick Reply: Aeromotive bolt on FPR, opinions?