S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Andy's CR PFAB Turbo Build...so it begins.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:27 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by nguyen365
Do u have it installed? Can u video document it for utube lol?
not yet, needs a lot of modification to make it fit. Ill try the youtube thing, ive really only filmed runs, honestly dont have enough time or material to vlog lol. Ill have one interesting update every 3 months lol
Old 01-18-2018, 06:51 PM

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

What fuel rail you running
Old 01-18-2018, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by StocS2k
What fuel rail you running
its an 04-05 aem fuel rail with injector ports bored out to fit 06-09 injectors by sos.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:28 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Heyyy! This lookin like a very unique setup Evolving.
Congratz on the hot parts pickup.

so the filter thing doesnt surprise me at all. I was picking up 10-15whp with it off on the dyno (I ran with it on though for protection. Similiar to the exhaust outlet (everything after the downpipe is a restriction for the turbine and allowing gasses to flow free’er through it will pick up power) it will also help the compressor side to spool up faster and with that youll get a similiar “audible” difference kind of like putting a new intake on and hearing “vtec” more pronounced etc.

Did it change your open loop afrs at all? although just pulling the filter off im sure is safe and negligible but if it wasnt tuned open loop with it off technically is changing the afrs but on Ethanol and something as small as that I wouldnt think would make it at a dangerous level at all. Just another way to confirm you did make a change AND youuu like it lol.

Last edited by MorngWoodStewie; 01-19-2018 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by MorngWoodStewie
Heyyy! This lookin like a very unique setup Evolving.
Congratz on the hot parts pickup.

so the filter thing doesnt surprise me at all. I was picking up 10-15whp with it off on the dyno (I ran with it on though for protection. Similiar to the exhaust outlet (everything after the downpipe is a restriction for the turbine and allowing gasses to flow free’er through it will pick up power) it will also help the compressor side to spool up faster and with that youll get a similiar “audible” difference kind of like putting a new intake on and hearing “vtec” more pronounced etc.

Did it change your open loop afrs at all? although just pulling the filter off im sure is safe and negligible but if it wasnt tuned open loop with it off technically is changing the afrs but on Ethanol and something as small as that I wouldnt think would make it at a dangerous level at all. Just another way to confirm you did make a change AND youuu like it lol.
Hey brother thanks and long time no talk, havent seen you post here in a while, guessing its cause you're back on duty. Taking the filter off definitely changed the way the car sounds. I can actually hear the turbo spooling and the bov sounds completely different. The car feels a little more responsive if anything at all. Not sure about the afr's changing, maybe a little leaner since in theory its freeing up the airflow. Im pretty excited to install all the new hot parts, i wish i had a new turbo to go along with it. But dont got the funds at the moment, I'll most likely weld on a vband to my turbo for the downpipe and use it again unless somebody buys my full hot side setup. Hope you're well dude, when do you get back? We need your S boosted back on the street!

Last edited by Mijae007; 01-19-2018 at 09:53 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:38 PM

Received 119 Likes on 95 Posts

This isn't very promising for my hot parts built by Pang... Sure, it looks pretty, but you're cracking all this stuff easily on the street? My track time should kill my manifold in no time.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
This isn't very promising for my hot parts built by Pang... Sure, it looks pretty, but you're cracking all this stuff easily on the street? My track time should kill my manifold in no time.
im sure youll be okay, especially with the extra bracing. I bought my manifold from pang many years ago and just this past year got around to installing it. Ive had all my cracks repaired by pang and im pretty sure its good to go now. I put less than 5k miles on it and im sure the manifold has seen enough heat cycles to stabilize the metal and its welds now. I think i bought one of his first manifolds while he was still in the process of mastering his fabrication skills. Nguyen365 is on the same manifold with more miles than me with zero issues so far.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:54 PM

Okay heres another little project ive been working on. The turbo wouldnt clear the stock radiator fan with the new sidewinder manifold so i ended up going with a slim fan. However when i went to mount the fan, the mounting points wouldnt line up with the stock points...thus another little side project has begun, time for a custom shroud. I bought a sheet of aluminum from good ole home depot and got to work.

First i drew up a template then cut out the shape on a bansaw.

Then after much hammering, molding, and massaging came the first and last prototype lol. Not the prettiest but it should get the job done.

Also found a way to mount the horn in the last pic since it was in the way of the wastegate...hopefully it clears the turbo

Now just got to weld up a 45deg elbow to the turbo and a vband flange on the hotside and install everything. Gotta redo my drain line with a new 90deg an fitting and pickup a new exhaust manifold flange too. Then back to the dyno and more boost!!! Ahh!!!!

Last edited by Mijae007; 01-27-2018 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:47 PM

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Neato

I like
Old 01-30-2018, 07:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What's the update bro?

Quick Reply: Andy's CR PFAB Turbo Build...so it begins.