S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Built engine aftermarke cams, getting dirty cam trigger signal after 6k...

Old 11-12-2018, 05:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Built engine aftermarke cams, getting dirty cam trigger signal after 6k...

Hey guys I felt like I need to put this out there not to bash anyone but simply to get opinions and gain knowledge. My engine just recently got built by a well known builder and I ended up dropping some after market cams in it by a fairly reputable company.

The engine has adjustable toda gears and was timed by the builder. The harness never had a problem on stock motor neither did the sensors or trigger wheel. Engine was being timed with aem infinity which was on a previous stock super charged engine with 0 problems.

I am being told that I would have to grind my cam trigger wheels notch to make it a little "adjustable" so I can play around with it till the signal clears up.... Anyone run into this before ever I ask because I can find nothing about it online at all. And the cam manufacture said they never ran into this problem ever. The engine builder is reputable and I have no reason to doubt but again I want this done right as I paid a whole lot.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:03 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I cant help you, but I did have one of my engine builders "modify" the cam trigger wheels as he said it would be required when i went from aem v1 to infinity. what he did, or how to help you, i can not say
Old 11-12-2018, 07:54 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

Sounds like a problem with the AEM Infinity, I think the Speed Academy guys had similar troubles as well, on stock valvetrain.
They didn't really explain the solution in detail but I think it was just a software fix.