S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

car not idleing right with etune!

Old 06-07-2014, 05:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wait for jeff.

He e-tuned my car and its running very well. Pretty much spot on for the first tune. As i recall correctly when he sends you the first tune its only a start up log. If you have any issues log and send and wait. DONT DRIVE THE CAR

Double check your vac line going to the fpr. Base fuel pressure should be 43psi. Also make sure that in the setup wizard you match correctly the injectors and map sensor (they should be preset already from jeff just giving you something to double check)
Old 06-07-2014, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Call Aponer. If its not staying on longer than 5 seconds and flooding there is something within the tune that is most likely causing the issue. That isn't even long enough for the wideband to warm up to provide an AFR.

The stock FPR is set at, I believe 47-53psi ( I would have to double check the book on this one), but the FPR isn't adjustable. Like he said ^^, make sure you have the correct values input into the tune.

Having a higher increased pressure on the rail is going to give you more fuel, but I wouldn't think 5 psi would be enough to flood the engine.

If I had to guess...I would put my money on lag times.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:11 PM

I guess i kinda figured jeff would have everything on point regarding his reputation. I know it wont run perfect the first time. But id figured it would idle decently at least.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:26 PM

jeff just got back to me saying my map sensor is reading 13psi at idle , and the tps is reading 12-13%. he thought i got the two sensor clips mixed up but i didnt. i never touched the tps sensor connector. so this makes no sense to me right now..... car was running fine before i swapped in the injectors map and ems. is my aem ems no good? this is getting frustrating....
Old 06-08-2014, 05:02 AM

Not familiar with AEM EMS, but is there a way to reset your TPS values?
Old 06-08-2014, 06:41 AM

For some reason when i try to recalibrate my tps values. At full closed the tps settings read 2.33 volts and 4.8 at wot. And i double checked to make sure the throttle cable isnt kinked and that the cable is fully closed.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:58 AM

The TPS should be at .33 or .34 at 0% which makes sense as to what Jeff was saying about your TPS being at 12% at idle. Your going to have to mechanically reset the position of the sensor so that it reads .33/.34 at 0%.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by gfresh86
jeff just got back to me saying my map sensor is reading 13psi at idle , and the tps is reading 12-13%. he thought i got the two sensor clips mixed up but i didnt. i never touched the tps sensor connector. so this makes no sense to me right now..... car was running fine before i swapped in the injectors map and ems. is my aem ems no good? this is getting frustrating....
99% of the time when i see this it is a map signal problem. Check the pins to make sure you have 5V on input, a good signal ground, and that the map signal voltage reads correct at key on engine off. Sounds like the sensor could be bad.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
Originally Posted by gfresh86' timestamp='1402194364' post='23194499
99% of the time when i see this it is a map signal problem. Check the pins to make sure you have 5V on input, a good signal ground, and that the map signal voltage reads correct at key on engine off. Sounds like the sensor could be bad.

When jeff did my e-tune one of the first steps was to check MAP value and set TPS. You should have been able to catch a problem with either before you even cranked the car.

Did you check to see if your MAP and TPS were match up correctly in the set up wizard?
Old 06-09-2014, 07:11 PM

Yeah map was syncd and same for tps. But like i said fully closed the tps reads 2.33 evwn after calibration. I ordered a new omnipower map sensor. And im gonna send in my aem unit to get it diagnosed.

Quick Reply: car not idleing right with etune!