S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Choosing efr turbo

Old 05-12-2019, 12:14 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Oem look to it

When it was a work in progress i will post a pic later of the final build with all the kinks worked out

All wrapped up
Old 05-12-2019, 06:22 AM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

nice setup. Did you run an air-to-air intercooler before? interested in your IATs
Old 05-12-2019, 07:45 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

I like the use of the air-to-water intercooler. Did you consider using a chiller and reservoir instead of a heat exchanger?

Since you are spraying meth, are you running 93 octane? If so, did you consider using low compression pistons to reduce the compression ratio to add boost? If so, why didn't you go that route?

Since the block is sleeved, what bore did you use? Did you stick with the 84mm crank?

Since you have a built head, what peak engine speed are you using?

Turbos can be hard on the rods, especially if the fuel allows a lot of ignition advance. Did you change the rods along with the pistons?

Three header questions: why did you choose a T3 flange? All of the twin-scroll housings for the EFR are T4; why did you put the turbo in front rather than wrap it underneath allowing a simpler downpipe and less engine compartment heat?, and why didn't you coat the header?
Old 05-13-2019, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by DavidNJ
I like the use of the air-to-water intercooler. Did you consider using a chiller and reservoir instead of a heat exchanger?

I did..like the deamon has..i thought to use a inline evaporator on the hose coming from the front exchager to the intercooler from my cars AC.
I can do it and i know how..(danfoss he 1.0) but i thought i would be overkill wince i have meth..
I have 3x air temp probes installed..one after the turbo before the intercooler one after the intercooler and one on the stock location all gm sensors
Only downside is that i dont have a fluid reservoir..its direct exchange..i tought to use a aftercooler reservoir to hold more fluid but it was to be to complicated..i tought to use the space inside the left fender and build a reservoir there but it would be below the aftercooler and not above..if its inside the engine bay which there is no place for it it would be heat soaked..now its like this..acording to my calculations the front heat exchanger is 1 : 1 compared to the aftercooler in surface

Since you are spraying meth, are you running 93 octane? If so, did you consider using low compression pistons to reduce the compression ratio to add boost? If so, why didn't you go that route?

I use the oem windscreen reservoir for the meth and the pump is installed behind it..european reservoir is almost 2 galons compared to us 1 galon..
I use 100octane pump gas here..and no i didnt think to use low comp pistons..
I use oem crank oem bearings and oem rods and je pistons..i opened the oem rods to fit the je piston pins and nitrited the rod and pins for low friction ...no dlc oating available here and je asked dlc coating 100$per pin
My boost target is 0.6bar 1-2nd gear ..0.8bar third and 1.1 to 1.3 after this.. Boost by gear on the ms3
I was planning to use o2 lsu adv pre turbo sensors on each cylinder but maybe later since tuner studio can trim each cylinder on the fly..

Since the block is sleeved, what bore did you use? Did you stick with the 84mm crank?

Since you have a built head, what peak engine speed are you using?

Turbos can be hard on the rods, especially if the fuel allows a lot of ignition advance. Did you change the rods along with the pistons?

Three header questions: why did you choose a T3 flange? All of the twin-scroll housings for the EFR are T4; why did you put the turbo in front rather than wrap it underneath allowing a simpler downpipe and less engine compartment heat?, and why didn't you coat the header?

1. Header was designed so it can support t4 twin but almost everybody i asked said i didnt need a twin ..in any case i was going to use a iwg turbo even a twin..plan was to use a 8374 t4 twin but it wasnt on stock ..i was planning to get the 7163 since its alu bearing housing but after doing research and SHOUT out to geoff at fullrace who put the nail ..said that the s2000 has a high flowing head and anything smaller than the 83 would hurt top end flow..i wanted a 8374 alu housing and it was available as a supercore and was on backorder for few months and i got the one i got and from this point i have no regreats..its spot on for what i looked for..almost NA feel and response..
I am coming from a novi 1000 supercharger with 15psi ..this is better.

See answers above
Old 05-13-2019, 07:30 AM

Final setup..made a li-ion battery from 4 x 20a pouches Uu can see the 3 air sensors here i think
Old 05-13-2019, 07:38 AM

I dont like the empty engine bay look of most turbo kits for the s2000..i loved how comptech looked oem and filled the engine bay properly with the supercharger and smart cold air ..
Thats why i went air to water and of course air from turbo to intake cant be any shorther than this
Also about the header design..what i got from research i did is that the longer the header pipes the better ..i saw tha the 488 used long headers also ..
I have nowhere to coat the header here..no service available
By the way i get the fluid for the turbo from the supply for the heating in the car and return the hot turbo fluid to the radiator..
So no additional heat to block added.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:39 AM

CDA CAI

Where it pulls air from

Bosch pump and air intake

Cooler
Old 05-21-2019, 11:46 AM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

What size is the heat exchanger? Also, what emission regulations do you have in Macedonia that may restrict what you can do?
Old 05-21-2019, 06:45 PM

66cmx20cmx6cm 2 stage pass
Eu restrictions qualify here