S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Forced Induction (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-forced-induction-142/)
-   -   Cooling setups on your boosted cars (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-forced-induction-142/cooling-setups-your-boosted-cars-1186179/)

Ivanaguilar 07-04-2018 02:53 PM

Cooling setups on your boosted cars

Hello, as the title states I’m wondering what radiator/fans/thermostat setups you guys are running on your boosted S2000s. I’m currently running a Kraftwerks Kit with a Ballade Sports radiator and stock everything else and seeing temps hover around 190-200 with ambient temps in the high 80s today. I know these temps are normal but was wondering if you guys ran into any issues with heat and what you did to solve those issues, especially as I live in SoCal and am expecting ambient temps to climb into the triple digits very soon.
I plan to upgrade to SPAL fans eventually and read in a previous thread that you can get away with just replacing the stock fuse with a 30amp unit and was wondering if anybody has experience with that as well.

F1TwoThousand 07-04-2018 07:01 PM

Good move going with SPAL fans over mishimoto:

riceball777 07-04-2018 10:38 PM

I use the my sideways duel pass radiator with spam extreme performance fans.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...psf8asfswo.jpg

haga888 07-05-2018 04:48 AM

I'm running a SOS Stage 2 with an Sakebomb Oil cooler and a Jackson Racing Dual Rad (oil cooler disconnected because it is junk) with Mugen hood. The JR rad was fine when I was NA. Did a trackday with the boost and was hitting 120C after about 3 or 4 laps. Dumping the JR rad and ordered a Mr.Sideways with Spal fans through Sakebomb. Hopefully getting it next week.

Kenny_Stang 07-05-2018 06:03 AM

Running KoyoRad radiator and Mishimoto 19 row oil cooler with the thermostatic sandwich plate. If I had to do it again I would go with the Mr.Sideways/SakeBomb dual pass radiator with SPAL fans, better design and cooling.

Ivanaguilar 07-05-2018 07:15 PM

Awesome thanks for all the input guys! I did plan on upgrading to the SBG/Sideways rad and oil cooler when I go turbo, along with as much heat shielding and heat tape as possible. For now I’ll be logging my street driving all weekend with ambient temps predicted to be 110+ and see how it fares.

Mijae007 07-06-2018 01:14 PM

Today is HOT!!!! My ECT usually stays between 190-200 when warmed up. Even when it was on my factory radiator. I'm now on a Koyo hyper v radiator with blox slim fans and it seems to stay within the same limits although I haven't datalogged to check.

AP1Chief 07-06-2018 02:45 PM

Def noticed a big increase when i went turbo over supercharger with ECTs.

Turbo and manifold just give off soooo much heat, its not uncommon for me to see as high as 210-215 cruising on a 95-100 degree day... so typically anything over 90 degree day I wont drive my S2000.

thats with a rad shield and mitsu rad/fan combo.

I am going to try that DEI coolant stuff, i've heard it does work very well can see up to 10 degree difference. Currently I'm just running distilled water.

If your turbo, its really not worth driving the car in a 95-100 degree day anyways, its uncomfortable and the car is stressing out under those temps. If you do have a turbo S, should invest in a daily driver lol

Akkmednoseflem 07-06-2018 03:27 PM

I run a Koyo radiator. I was on stock fans for a bit but was experiencing some temp issues. Now I run the mishimoto fan shroud with 2 spal fans.

riceball777 07-06-2018 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by AP1Chief (Post 24484232)
Def noticed a big increase when i went turbo over supercharger with ECTs.

Turbo and manifold just give off soooo much heat, its not uncommon for me to see as high as 210-215 cruising on a 95-100 degree day... so typically anything over 90 degree day I wont drive my S2000.

thats with a rad shield and mitsu rad/fan combo.

I am going to try that DEI coolant stuff, i've heard it does work very well can see up to 10 degree difference. Currently I'm just running distilled water.

If your turbo, its really not worth driving the car in a 95-100 degree day anyways, its uncomfortable and the car is stressing out under those temps. If you do have a turbo S, should invest in a daily driver lol

I use to have this issue with being turbo with the mishimoto radiator and fans. Even since i went with the my sideways dual pass radiator and spal fans the car stays much cooler