S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Do I get my badge now?

Old 05-11-2008, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eri_S2k,May 11 2008, 04:56 PM
OMG i Never give a negative compliment to nobody on this board, But Bro that is just Awfull poor S2k!

Making a Hole on that plastic to put the Aem Gauge, strings to support the IC.

My Honest Opinion, Take everything out of the car and try to do it again but do IT RIGHT!

That aint doing it right bro!
I can't say its the best fitting kit. I don't know what to say best to keep opinion to myself ?
Old 05-11-2008, 08:19 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

For using a down flow IC

Same thermal capacity of an equally sized cross flow..

The down flow has better flow capacity and less pressure drop
Old 05-11-2008, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Eri_S2k,May 11 2008, 05:56 PM
OMG i Never give a negative compliment to nobody on this board, But Bro that is just Awfull poor S2k!

Making a Hole on that plastic to put the Aem Gauge, strings to support the IC.

My Honest Opinion, Take everything out of the car and try to do it again but do IT RIGHT!

That aint doing it right bro!
If you read the topic until the end the Guy said that the gauge position is temporary and also said that the string is because he need to weld some of the parts. This is pre-fitting in order to know in where finally are going to put some parts.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:34 AM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm also a big fan of the style of IC they chose to use. I have a top to bottom flow IC on my Monte Carlo.

The AEM gauge is in a custom fiberglass pod that was designed for something else, not cut into stock plastic. I would bet that if something else merited a custom fiberglass pod, the gauge will as well.

Probably should have washed the engine bay first though.

Otherwise, it looks good and promising.

Tim
Old 05-12-2008, 02:44 AM

You guys should really look at the pics a little more before you bash. The only mis-fitting part are the pipes leading into the IC. I said that would be fixed once the IC is shift back an inch or two (this was to show how the kit lined up "out of the box." The nylon rope is a little ghetto looking, but that will be fixed as soon as I can make it over to the welding shop.

And no, the hole was not just "cut" into the plastic for the AEM gauge. That was a custom mold job for a VAFCII. I have replaced the overhead light with LED's in the footwells.

Here is what it looked like before. The gauges are going to be in the same place, as I have tweeters molded into the A-pillars, and do not want a ton of stuff on there:

Other than that, yeah, the front bumper is in crappy condition. It has been sitting in my storage room for over a year. I was running this setup, but the bumper is not pre-cut for these IC pipes, so I need to go a different route. And, yes, this is an authentic bumper.

And I am using quality parts (not eBay). Please look a the parts in the kit (Garrett, Tial, RC, Walbro, etc.), they are the same as other successful kits. Their header/downpipe routing is flawless.

John
Old 05-12-2008, 07:38 AM

it just looks messy and the car is super dirty, but i am glad its running.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:56 AM

Super dirty it is! I have not had much motivation to clean it since I am going to be completely redoing the exterior within a month or so, and I was going to have the body shop clean everything up once all the body panels are removed for paint...

Some other things lend it to a "messy" install that I plan to clean up over the next week or so (OEM vacuum distributor is still installed (as I have not felt like disconnecting the single coolant line that goes through there yet), etc.). This is not the final state of things, but i have a feeling that will be a few weeks off...

John
Old 05-12-2008, 08:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S2K-Pomales,May 11 2008, 10:57 PM
If you read the topic until the end the Guy said that the gauge position is temporary and also said that the string is because he need to weld some of the parts. This is pre-fitting in order to know in where finally are going to put some parts.
I dont care if is pre fitting or no, I Would Not Post Pics of a Pre Fitting Like That!

But Kool, bro keep on going with your project!
Old 05-12-2008, 08:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyFloyd,May 12 2008, 07:38 AM
it just looks messy and the car is super dirty, but i am glad its running.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by jwa4378,May 12 2008, 03:44 AM
You guys should really look at the pics a little more before you bash. The only mis-fitting part are the pipes leading into the IC. I said that would be fixed once the IC is shift back an inch or two (this was to show how the kit lined up "out of the box." The nylon rope is a little ghetto looking, but that will be fixed as soon as I can make it over to the welding shop.

And no, the hole was not just "cut" into the plastic for the AEM gauge. That was a custom mold job for a VAFCII. I have replaced the overhead light with LED's in the footwells.

Here is what it looked like before. The gauges are going to be in the same place, as I have tweeters molded into the A-pillars, and do not want a ton of stuff on there:

Other than that, yeah, the front bumper is in crappy condition. It has been sitting in my storage room for over a year. I was running this setup, but the bumper is not pre-cut for these IC pipes, so I need to go a different route. And, yes, this is an authentic bumper.

And I am using quality parts (not eBay). Please look a the parts in the kit (Garrett, Tial, RC, Walbro, etc.), they are the same as other successful kits. Their header/downpipe routing is flawless.

John

Quick Reply: Do I get my badge now?