S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Forced Induction (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-forced-induction-142/)
-   -   e-manage blue tuning (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-forced-induction-142/e-manage-blue-tuning-489299/)

lend_type_R 05-13-2007 10:44 PM

e-manage blue tuning

i got an emanage blue and i know it does a lot of things for tuning. i was thinking, is it possible to use this and just adjust the VTEC point, lower the redline and still have the OEM spec for AFR? i know that its cheaper to buy the VAFC2 since it does the same thing, but i already have the blue and dont want to go the hassle of selling and buying a VAFC. and besides, im planning of having boost and might need an EMS later. will it let us bypass the AFR and retain the stock? dont worry about power, just stick to the idea of adjusting the VTEC point and lower the redline. your help is very much appriciated.

s0rted 05-14-2007 03:04 AM

- Yes, it will let you change vtec engagement.

- Yes, you can adjust fuel trim when you change vtec.

- No, it cannot adjust the rev limiter.

Originally Posted by lend_type_R,May 14 2007, 07:44 AM
will it let us bypass the AFR and retain the stock?

What do you mean?

lend_type_R 05-14-2007 03:13 AM

let say i want to run on same air fuel ratio as stock settings from s2k oem ECU, is there anyway retaining that ratio with a blue emanage? the only reason for installing the EMS is just for the sake of changing the VTEC ingagement.

as for the rev limiter, ive read a thread were people increase or decrease the redline. how do they made this possible?

Dsgs2k3 05-14-2007 04:35 AM

it will, i jus dont think it is for our make/model. if there is a way to increase redline then i must of overlooked something :rolleyes:

foxer10 05-14-2007 05:19 AM

If you dont want to change the OEM A/F ratio, then dont alter any fuel map settings. Its a piggyback system.

Changing VTEC switchover will change the A/F so you would have to make adjustments for that change.

Spec_Ops2087 05-14-2007 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by lend_type_R,May 14 2007, 06:13 AM
let say i want to run on same air fuel ratio as stock settings from s2k oem ECU, is there anyway retaining that ratio with a blue emanage? the only reason for installing the EMS is just for the sake of changing the VTEC ingagement.

as for the rev limiter, ive read a thread were people increase or decrease the redline. how do they made this possible?

If you just want to change the vtec, why not get a VAFC and call it a day?

To leave the stock A/F ratio, just don't touch any of the numbers in the ingition / fuel map.

You cannot adjust the rev limiter via the emanage blue. An AEM EMS can easily do this and maybe an emanage ultimate can do it as well.

lend_type_R 05-14-2007 09:59 PM

as ive mentioned on the first post. i dont want the hassel of selling and buying and i know the blue will be needed for more future tuning.