Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

EFR 7064 Twin Scroll / IWG / Pfab Top Mount / V-Mount build

Old 03-08-2017, 01:53 PM

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

I did street tuning/logging on this to what I already knew was safe timing. I always wanted to get it on the dyno to see where it best liked timing, but never put any priority on it. It ran great and I tracked it for 3 years with this tune, so I was happy. For the turbo, I'll do some street tuning, then put it on a dyno.

Never used that ECU conversion, however, if it works and does what you need it to do without failure or oddities, I'd imagine it works just fine. I also like to look for options that don't require a ton of work just to get it hooked up and able to tune.

The blue SHO I posted was done with a stock ECU with a programmable chip hanging off the J3 port. I made it work, but showed its limitations... The car is currently getting a wiring harness built for an AEM Infinity so we can have far more control this year.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
I did street tuning/logging on this to what I already knew was safe timing. I always wanted to get it on the dyno to see where it best liked timing, but never put any priority on it. It ran great and I tracked it for 3 years with this tune, so I was happy. For the turbo, I'll do some street tuning, then put it on a dyno.

Never used that ECU conversion, however, if it works and does what you need it to do without failure or oddities, I'd imagine it works just fine. I also like to look for options that don't require a ton of work just to get it hooked up and able to tune.

The blue SHO I posted was done with a stock ECU with a programmable chip hanging off the J3 port. I made it work, but showed its limitations... The car is currently getting a wiring harness built for an AEM Infinity so we can have far more control this year.
oem ecu nowadays tend to be very good and easy to tune. the mazda i have is tuned with an acessport and you have access to all tables. I talked to the guys at ballade and they said the tuning software for that ecu is same as that for hondata. and best of all its 100% plug and play so i dont have to swap any hardware in and on the engine
Old 03-08-2017, 02:32 PM

Yeah, I tune a lot of OEM ECU's, with the AccessPort / AccessTuner, which is what the left map was on that picture (flex fuel tune for a guy in Omaha).

The only reason I went with and AEM on the S2000 is because I couldn't tune the stock one. If that option were available years ago, I might have gone with that.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:39 PM

Yeah, I tune a lot of OEM ECU's, with the AccessPort / AccessTuner, which is what the left map was on that picture (flex fuel tune). The only reason I went with and AEM on the S2000 is because I couldn't tune the stock one. If that option were available years ago, I might have gone with that.
yours is an ap2 right?
Old 03-08-2017, 02:41 PM

Yes, 2004.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:46 PM

Yes, 2004.
I guess at the time the hondata flashpro hadnt come out yet
Old 03-08-2017, 07:29 PM

Maybe not this version, but there was another option that required swapping sensors that I wasn't up for doing. In the end, the AEM is far more capable, which will work out for me now with boost.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:17 AM

Maybe not this version, but there was another option that required swapping sensors that I wasn't up for doing. In the end, the AEM is far more capable, which will work out for me now with boost.
yeah thats true, only thing is for those of us that might have to smog its easier to have an ecu that maintains OBD capability
Old 03-11-2017, 08:08 PM

Now that I am home, I got to open up the new replacement parts... The saga continues. The new one has a bent bracket and the box looks fine. There are also marks on the bracket likely indicating it was done before being put into the box. What a huge disappointment and regret to go with Science of Speed. I was hoping to fire this thing up soon.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:33 PM

Now that I am home, I got to open up the new replacement parts... The saga continues. The new one has a bent bracket and the box looks fine. There are also marks on the bracket likely indicating it was done before being put into the box. What a huge disappointment and regret to go with Science of Speed. I was hoping to fire this thing up soon.

oh no, those are some serious rookie mistakes smh best solution is to fix it yourself because clearly there is an issue on their end with whoever is welding their stuff. it should have been double checked before sending it back to you

Quick Reply: EFR 7064 Twin Scroll / IWG / Pfab Top Mount / V-Mount build