Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

EFR 7064 Twin Scroll / IWG / Pfab Top Mount / V-Mount build

Old 12-26-2016, 08:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
Yes, to both turbos.
gonna be a long build. you think you will have it done by this coming spring? And also that rubber hose coming off the cold side of the turbo is so close to the hot manfold. you think heat wont affect it?
Old 12-26-2016, 08:32 PM

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

I've done bigger builds. It's not the build that will slow me, it's the other stuff I have on my plate. There is more room than what it seems on that hose, but heat shielding will be abundant. I have a Boost Resource turbo blanket for the hot side and I'll build my own Inconel heat shielding... In addition to anything else needing addressed.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by willix231
Yes i almost came close to buying that generation of wrx but passed on it for my mazdaspeed3 choosing raw power over beter driving dynamics with awd vs fwd. Back then i didnt know much about powertrains and how different they drive. I ordered them from rallysport direct for just 1840. They are out of stock but who cares. Im in no rush to get them as its still cold outside anyways. I dont see any issues with top mount. Only thing is heat is going to accumulate underneath the hood but that shouldnt hurt anything and isnt exclusive only to top mount.Has the v mount shipped out yet?
Sorry, I missed this earlier...

I hate RSD. I'd cancel the order and order from Urge.

Heat will accumulate somewhere, however, I will be doing some hoot venting. I have not gotten notification that the V-mount is complete.
Old 12-26-2016, 09:22 PM

Sorry, I missed this earlier...

I hate RSD. I'd cancel the order and order from Urge.

Heat will accumulate somewhere, however, I will be doing some hoot venting. I have not gotten notification that the V-mount is complete.
I have never had an issue with RSD and their price is significantly low enough to take the risk. BTW i would like to have some heat shield on my after market header too. Not that the s2k ever really gets hot in na form. Just for the factory look. I look forward to seeing it when its done. hopefully you will make it out to one of the fast fridays at MAM
Old 12-26-2016, 09:25 PM

Do yo have an aftermarket header yet? If not, I will have my SwainTech coated PLM for sale.

As far as RSD, I, and several others vent here: RallySportDirect (am I rude?) - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

I'll make it to MAM.
Old 12-26-2016, 09:30 PM

Do yo have an aftermarket header yet? If not, I will have my SwainTech coated PLM for sale.

As far as RSD, I, and several others vent here: RallySportDirect (am I rude?) - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

I'll make it to MAM.

yes my S came with a skunk 2 header already installed. But nice think about the car is even after running it hard you get off track and pop the hood and barely any heat coming off of it. In contrast my mazda gets so hot the hood actually burns you if you dont open it very quickly and put your hands on it too long. Will be awesome. Maybe we can do a day out there together. Its always nice to have another noisy 4 banger at the track. Im hopefull i will have tires and wheels on by then. Let me ask you this, how much camber do you run on your front end? Im thinking of taking my old 17*8.5 et+30 with 245/40/17 and fitting those to the front with some extra camber.
Old 12-26-2016, 09:35 PM

My progression of alignments can be found here: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-br...eview-1121439/
Old 12-26-2016, 11:10 PM

My progression of alignments can be found here: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-br...eview-1121439/
good review on them I will go with your alignment specs when im ready
Old 12-27-2016, 06:21 AM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Nice dude. The design of his runners on your manifold is different from how he normally makes them. Looks dope all spun like that, wonder if its truer to equal length. The extra bracing seems like a great idea too.
My build is taking a lot longer than expected too, mainly due to waiting on parts like you said. Currently waiting for vacuum fittings which just shipped today...damn xmas! Haha
Old 12-27-2016, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by ZSAK
Will be interesting to see how this setup will compare with the one I have from Full Race with the same turbo. Btw your going to love the low end grunt this turbo gives you.
I'm not really looking to spool this up like a Subaru and peak torque and drop. I will likely run pretty low boost and shape my power curve to get the most usable power on track.

What A/R did you have on your 7064?
Originally Posted by Mijae007
Nice dude. The design of his runners on your manifold is different from how he normally makes them. Looks dope all spun like that, wonder if its truer to equal length. The extra bracing seems like a great idea too.
My build is taking a lot longer than expected too, mainly due to waiting on parts like you said. Currently waiting for vacuum fittings which just shipped today...damn xmas! Haha
Yeah, the bottom side looks trippy. Not sure on whether it's more or less EL.

I haven't put deadlines on car builds in 10 years or so now. I know I'll never meet it without creating some issue for myself.

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 01-11-2017 at 08:20 PM.

Quick Reply: EFR 7064 Twin Scroll / IWG / Pfab Top Mount / V-Mount build