Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

EFR 7064 Twin Scroll / IWG / Pfab Top Mount / V-Mount build

Old 03-27-2018, 07:12 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
I tune cars on the side and have for probably 15 years... I haven't seen many WBO2 failures other than high usage and never noticed any different with E85 and failure (it's cleaner and has lower EGT's).
Yea youre right about that...hm, interesting. I was told otherwise but i believe you now haha
Old 04-16-2018, 07:03 AM

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

I took the car out for a test run on boost and dial in some fueling. It's not done, obviously, but I couldn't help myself. I hit about 3 PSI doing partial throttle and I can tell this is going to be a very fun car with a good power band. I was trying to get the turbo spool noises on video, but the wind noise was too much. I got much of my garage sorted this weekend, so I plan to put the S2000 up on my new Quick Jacks and start working out all the small stuff. I am going to try to move the motor forward a small amount as my motor sits a little further back than the mockup car that was used to my make manifold and downpipe.

I also took my STi out for some fun in the canyon this weekend... Ran into a group of supercars and had some fun with them. After stopping at the gas station with the group, I walked up to chat and they immediately asked if I was the guy with the STi. They were pretty impressed that I caught up with them after making a U-turn and stayed right with them on their spirited cruise. I didn't bring a camera/phone with me, but it would have made some good video.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:04 AM

Took some time to look over my logs last night and start shaping my maps. The altitude is real here... The box at the -3 PSIg is what the car is showing when turned off.

I'll have to spend some time cleaning up some hoses and wiring to simplify as well as keep things from rubbing, melting, etc. I am curious to see how this Crawford AOS performs in this setup. It's drawing from the crankcase in the two OEM valve cover locations (removed PCV), sucked out of the canister via the turbo, then draining back into the pan through the oil return on the turbo.

The port on the turbo inlet has also been modified like this:

As it currently sits. I will have to move it over to the other side of the garage before Friday as we are supposed to get a lot of snow and I want to have it up in the air for this weekend.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:30 AM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

That oil scavenger setup you got there is indeed very interesting. I love the idea of creating vacuum drawing air out of the crankcase. Recirculating the oil back into your motor is questionable though. Wouldn't that oil be contaminated and not be ideal to reuse?

And please tell me you're planning to do something about your fuse box lol.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:48 AM

I've been using the same AOS on my STi for 6 or 7 years (mounted to passenger strut tower)... Ideally, you want to get everything hot long enough to burn all the moisture off. That contamination is already making it into your crankcase as blow-by... Meaning, some of it is already making it to your oil.

The fuse box will be relocated... It has to considering the IWG actuator will not fit on the turbo with it there. That's part of the cleaning up I have to do, which also includes trying to move the motor forward a little and redoing/rerouting some coolant lines for the turbo. I also got tools to redo some of the lines, such as the turbo oil feed, in formed hard lines.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:51 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Isn't that going to lead to oil in the intake, turbo, etc.?
Old 04-17-2018, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by DavidNJ
Isn't that going to lead to oil in the intake, turbo, etc.?
Its sole job is to separate oil from air. Since putting one of these on my STi, my intake tract, throttle body intercooler, and turbo have been bone dry.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:58 PM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

man the progress is coming out great!
Old 04-20-2018, 02:18 PM

I got this Quick Jack lift as a gift about 6 months ago and finally putting it to use My car was a touch too low, so I had to put the front wheels up my small Race Ramps, but it was nice to get the whole car up without messing around with multiple ramps and jack stands.

Now that I have it off the ground I got some pictures of the new exhaust.

A quick video of the lift as I had some friends interested
Old 04-24-2018, 09:25 AM

I pulled the SOS surge tank last night to swap in an AEM 320 LPH pump. I had been running a Walbro 155 LPH pump when NA and on E85, letting the stock in-tank pump feed the surge tank. I am going to keep the stock in-tank pump in unless I see it cannot keep the surge tank filled. I messaged SOS to see if I can get some new seals/O-rings as I like to replace that stuff when I take stuff apart, so I haven't put it back together yet.

Old pump:

And I have started pulling stuff apart to finish up making the install clean (and actually fit well). I have to relocate the fuse box as well... I am still trying to decide if I want to put it in the fender or in the car.

I also spent some time on the dyno with a friend/customer car. It's a 1991 Taurus SHO with a stock 3.2L engine (swapped from an automatic SHO) with a Vortech S-trim, AWIC, and E85. As far as I know, it's the highest sock long block SHO record for power. As some of you may know, I have also been the tuner for "The Blue Turd", which is a fairly built SHO that's only after quarter mile records.

Quick Reply: EFR 7064 Twin Scroll / IWG / Pfab Top Mount / V-Mount build