Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

EFR 7064 Twin Scroll / IWG / Pfab Top Mount / V-Mount build

Old 03-26-2019, 08:06 AM

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

I'm not using an external wastegate. I also do not have a standard manifold. I gave him my turbo to make a custom setup for me.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:19 AM

The car sat for a year with the fender off while life took over, however, with this quarantine, I have been able to dedicate some time in the garage while I 'telework' 3 different jobs. Still need to wire up the EBCS, but I'd like to get it on the dyno this week and see what I can get out of it before the clutch says no more. I am going to bring the hood up from the basement so I can cut the holes for the TrackSpec vents and then reinstall. It's been fun driving this car again and it's got some good power up here at 8k feet with only 5-6 PSI of me working on my base map.

I also sold my STi on BAT as it was rarely used in the 10 years I had it (I put on 16k miles) and I didn't particularly like the car, to be honest. It's cleared up some space and took stuff off my plate!

It's dusty as hell and I still have some cone marks to clean off it.

On a side note, we had some fun at TX2k!

Old 03-30-2020, 07:04 PM

I live in the mountains, so I get to test stuff out pretty well before going out on track. The wastegate spring is 7 PSI, but I pretty much hit 5-5.5 PSI tapering to 3.5-4 PSI... I am going to wire in the EBCS this week and see if I can't put it on the dyno and turn it up. Even with 5 PSI, low timing, and 8k+ ft of altitude, this car is fun. For track, I don't really want it much more than what it already is. It's pretty linear at this boost... Can't even feel the turbo spool.

Old 04-02-2020, 01:19 PM

I got tired of the dirt/dust that settled on the car, so I took my power washer to it. I also cleaned out the interior as I had a window left open the whole time it sat as well. It still cleans up nicely! I am ordering a seat mount and will order a Recaro Pole Position for the passenger. The SPG, which I have on the driver's side is what I would like to put in, but then lots of people can't ride with me as it is extremely snug. My wife asked me how I fit in the seat after I asked her to pump the brakes for me.

I had been cleaning out the garage, but then had to cram everything in because it is supposed to snow. Once I clear the space, the hood will come back up to get cut up for vents and installed.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:13 PM

Pulled the hood out of storage and proceeded to cut holes in it. Currently waiting for another set of vents from TrackSpec as on of mine did not naturally conform to the hood as the other. It would pull down, but it seemed like a lot more stress than needed.

Now my compressor clears my hood.

I also ordered some Recaro Pole Position-specific PCI seat mounts. I placed an order for a Pole Position today, but was told it's a 6 week wait. Last time I ordered a Recaro, I had to wait and when that extended, I asked for a refund and found somewhere with it in stock.

The following users liked this post:
ZSAK (04-11-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 08:40 AM

I have been at work for the last couple weeks, so my progress has been a little slower. I did wire up my AEM CD-5 to the AEM v2 as well as my boost controller. To make more room for the CD-5, I moved on getting a steering wheel. I also picked up a passenger seat as I have been without one and I hated it.

Old 05-03-2020, 06:56 PM

I should be on the dyno on Thursday! I have run and pinned the wire for my EBCS and plan to pin and run wire for a FlexFuel sensor and oil pressure before putting it back together.

I have also installed my passenger Recaro and steering wheel. I am waiting on some bolts to arrive for the wheel before I put the horn in place. I didn't realize the wheel nor NRG stuff came with them.

The following users liked this post:
2000ths (05-03-2020)
Old 05-04-2020, 07:13 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Who is tuning the car? Have hou done a compression, leakdown test, and boost leak check?
Old 05-04-2020, 07:30 PM

I am a professional tuner. I have not done a compression or leak down test as I have not had any reason to suspect needing to. I might boost leak test, but it's pretty easy to seal this intake tract up compared to my Subaru.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:15 AM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Their so easy to do i say might aswell for piece of mind. Also if your compression test is say 220psi all cyl and you recheck in 6 months and its 200psi it can give you good indication of some signs of possible failure. Or if you retest in 6 months then 1 year and its still 220psi itll give you great confidence all is well.

Quick Reply: EFR 7064 Twin Scroll / IWG / Pfab Top Mount / V-Mount build