S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Exhaust help for SC track car

Old 10-30-2017, 02:14 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Exhaust help for SC track car

Tried posting in RC and didnt get the answer I needed so maybe ya'll can help

I finally got an engine for my caged CR project. its going in next week and I need some exhaust help. Im planning to make about 425-450 wheel on the SC kit for a track only car.
As for exhaust I was thinking berk header back:
Fair price with test pipe. But after some research Im seeing 3in is not the best for SC. Better to stick with 60-63mm size. That leaves in single greddy revolution and BC spec II. or any other others? need to stay under 600

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:46 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If it's a track only car you'll be pushing massive amount of air through that exhaust I would have thought a 3 inch would be best for sure.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:47 PM

So did I and to be honest was mind blown hearing this. Spoke to Evans and he said stay with stock. Exhaust is only worth weight savings. Any SC guys have any input?
Old 10-30-2017, 06:07 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmdohcpower
So did I and to be honest was mind blown hearing this. Spoke to Evans and he said stay with stock. Exhaust is only worth weight savings. Any SC guys have any input?
Because you have an exhaust cost limit I would say leave it stock as well. I have a custom LHT performance 70mm dual exhaust now which isn't bad at all but I always look at my stock exhaust sitting in my garage, battling if I want to put it back on.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:16 PM

Currently I have no exhaust so I need to buy something ...
Old 10-31-2017, 06:10 AM

After some more research last night I think the issue that is causing the smaller exhaust to dyno higher is the cam overlap on the stock setting. So choking the exhaust would allow manifold pressure to rise and prevent leaking thus increasing boost and HP. But its robbing Peter to pay Paul IMHO. So maybe the best solution is a larger exhaust with cam gears to space out the overlap a bit solving the manifold PSI loss problem and having a more efficient flowing exhaust.

Just my thoughts after some reading... Could be wrong...
Old 10-31-2017, 02:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was in a similar situation as you, but came to conclusion to the tanabe medallion touring and ct exhaust. Local guy was selling a ct exhaust for 600 so i bit the bullet on that one. Doesnt feel as flowy as a 70mm greddy single, but most definitely quieter. Sc tuners say stock or 63mm exhaust works best with sc. Not a believer yet until i get another dyno in
Old 10-31-2017, 03:51 PM

Currently I have no exhaust so I need to buy something ...
buy a stock exhaust, IMO cheap and hard to beat at the requested power level
Old 10-31-2017, 05:22 PM

I think I’m gonna go Berk header back and go with the larger exhaust and cam gears to space out overlap theory

The stock exhaust is so heavy
Old 10-31-2017, 05:34 PM

I think I’m gonna go Berk header back and go with the larger exhaust and cam gears to space out overlap theory

The stock exhaust is so heavy
true indeed, only reason I haven't gone back to the stock exhaust is that ilovemyhonda made awesome numbers with larger diameter exhaust partnered with a larger blower of course

Quick Reply: Exhaust help for SC track car