S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Finally a T56 transmission swap option

Old 12-10-2015, 06:01 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by AFs2k
Originally Posted by lolS2K' timestamp='1449796569' post='23825072
[quote name='AFs2k' timestamp='1449794773' post='23825058']
[quote name='lolS2K' timestamp='1449793893' post='23825046']
Very interested. Would make a v8 swap a lot more seamless.
I'm having a hard time understanding how a t56 with an adapted f20/22's bell housing will make swapping in a v8 more seamless. This is for putting a t56 behind an f20/22.

With that said, I am extremely interested, but I'd like to know if they can do custom gearing in the trans. I'd like it more in line with stock trans gearing with 3.90s in the diff. I don't go to straight tracks enough to justify the low low gearing but I like the "bullet proofness" this would provide.

Have they given you a total price? What about trans mounting? Shifter location same as stock?
Seamless for my application. Not as a general rule.
[/quote]

Please explain. I just don't see how a transmission mated to an s2000 bell housing will help you install a v8 to said trans. Are there v8s that use the s2000 bell housing?

Either way, Spoolin, PM me the details.
[/quote]

PM sent
Old 12-10-2015, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't think I'll need this for quite some time but if I ever decide to shoot for 500+WHP I'll probably invest in something like this just so I can hammer the car without worrying about the trans ever going out.

Definitely interesting, and seems more promising than a V160 swap.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:49 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lolS2K
Refresh me, what's the weight difference? Also I'd like a PM with more info.
The weight difference is pretty significant, but in the grand scheme of things I wouldn't consider it something to worry much about if your pushing the kind of power that would require this transmission upgrade. Off the top of my head I would say the T56 is 25-50% heavier than our transmission, probably on the lower end of that range. I have a T56 in my garage; if I think about it I'll slap it on the scale for you.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:59 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Note also that you may need to change out the stock clutch master cylinder with a Wilwood or something comparable for around $75 since the stock one won't push enough fluid for the T56 slave. I'm still researching this as I'm not sure if the reservoir just isn't large enough to supply enough fluid or if the actual master cylinder isn't strong enough. If it's just a reservoir issue, we may just be able to swap in a larger Honda reservoir to accommodate the extra fluid.
I don't believe it is a reservoir size issue, I believe it is the volumetric flow rate that needs to be increased due to the T56 using a hydraulic throwout bearing style slave versus our clutch fork and piston style slave. Increased clutch pedal travel may be needed after this swap; some may find it beneficial to adjust the clutch pedal's mechanisms and remove the stop that exists behind the clutch pedal for a bit more pedal travel. IM mentions this in their install instructions for their swap kit.

Edit - That being said... Since you are adapting and using the S2000's bellhousing... which slave cylinder will you be using to disengage the clutch? The S2000's or the T56's? If its the S2000's slave still being used, then I don't see why you would need to swap the master cylinder out.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
Originally Posted by Spoolin' timestamp='1449796621' post='23825073

Note also that you may need to change out the stock clutch master cylinder with a Wilwood or something comparable for around $75 since the stock one won't push enough fluid for the T56 slave. I'm still researching this as I'm not sure if the reservoir just isn't large enough to supply enough fluid or if the actual master cylinder isn't strong enough. If it's just a reservoir issue, we may just be able to swap in a larger Honda reservoir to accommodate the extra fluid.
I don't believe it is a reservoir size issue, I believe it is the volumetric flow rate that needs to be increased due to the T56 using a hydraulic throwout bearing style slave versus our clutch fork and piston style slave. Increased clutch pedal travel may be needed after this swap; some may find it beneficial to adjust the clutch pedal's mechanisms and remove the stop that exists behind the clutch pedal for a bit more pedal travel. IM mentions this in their install instructions for their swap kit.

Edit - That being said... Since you are adapting and using the S2000's bellhousing... which slave cylinder will you be using to disengage the clutch? The S2000's or the T56's? If its the S2000's slave still being used, then I don't see why you would need to swap the master cylinder out.
You know, that's a good question that I need to ask them. I was talking to a buddy that did the V8 swap and he had mentioned to me that the clutch master cylinder would need changed due to the internal slave of the T56 but he didn't know the reason other than the stock master couldn't push enough fluid. If what you are saying is correct, I may be wrong in assuming that we would use the T56 slave and in reality we can still use the s2k slave. That will be great if so and I bet you're correct.

Let us know what the weight difference is between the T56 and stocker please, I'm curious now. I was thinking maybe a 25-30 lb increase with the T56 but that's a given with such a beefier trans.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:58 AM

Just spoke with Import Muscle that deals with the v8 swap and they can sell the speed sensor and adapter separately from the full kit since we won't need the full kit. They will let me know the price for the parts and I'll pass that on when I receive it.
Old 12-13-2015, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently ordered a built T56 through RPM for mine. They send it to Gforce for the internals and bell housing conversion.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
I recently ordered a built T56 through RPM for mine. They send it to Gforce for the internals and bell housing conversion.
Could you have bypassed RPM and just gone through Gforce?
Old 12-13-2015, 07:30 PM

Yes.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:03 AM

I guess G-Force is doing these adapters again? I thought they stopped doing the conversion for the S2000 bell?

Quick Reply: Finally a T56 transmission swap option