S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Finally a T56 transmission swap option

Old 12-14-2015, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Originally Posted by sohc_mshue' timestamp='1450051743' post='23826972
I recently ordered a built T56 through RPM for mine. They send it to Gforce for the internals and bell housing conversion.
Could you have bypassed RPM and just gone through Gforce?
I was under the impression that it had to be through RPM. Maybe I am wrong though.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:11 AM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm in contact with Gforce to see if they can do the work if we come directly to them. I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:43 AM

G force will do the adapters if you get the transmission from them. They will not just do a bell housing conversion as a one off anymore. As for the clutch disengage. From everyone I've seen the stock bell housing has to be milled down past the stock clutch fork mount, rendering the stock throw out useless and requiring a hydraulic throw out bearing. If that's not the case that's one long input shaft they are using on the transmission. With the longer ls1 input shaft the bell housing is still milled way past the fork mounting area. As for the speed sensor you don't need the kit from import muscle. All you need is a Dakota digital. It can convert the stock t56 speed sensor to a correct mph no problem.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by biohazarde
G force will do the adapters if you get the transmission from them. They will not just do a bell housing conversion as a one off anymore. As for the clutch disengage. From everyone I've seen the stock bell housing has to be milled down past the stock clutch fork mount, rendering the stock throw out useless and requiring a hydraulic throw out bearing. If that's not the case that's one long input shaft they are using on the transmission. With the longer ls1 input shaft the bell housing is still milled way past the fork mounting area. As for the speed sensor you don't need the kit from import muscle. All you need is a Dakota digital. It can convert the stock t56 speed sensor to a correct mph no problem.
Thanks for the info. Would it be cheaper to go through Gforce instead of RPM since it sounds like RPM may be just sending the work to them? I've sent two contact messages about this swap to Gforce but have yet to hear back. It's been at least 4-5 days now.

RPM states that the stock slave can be used but not too sure on the throwout bearing. I'm using a hydraulic for the Competition twin disc. The shaft is also billet forged.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:50 AM

Just spoke with RPM and everything within the stock bell housing will be exactly the same as stock with the exception of the 26 spline input shaft.

BTW, I was reluctant on mentioning what company was offering this swap in the initial message and wanted whomever was interested to PM me under the assumption that the moderators might take what I was posting as being a sales person for RPM. If you guys are interested in this swap, you can contact Shane Marshall.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:33 AM

I'd be curious to see the bell housing. I just can't see how they can keep the stock fork mount and still have the input shaft fully engage the clutch. Now as far as inside the housing yes it still has those internals (the three bolts to bolt down the throw out bearing, just as stock. Maybe that's what they mean. If they figured out a way to be able to use the stock slave and fork then that's pretty awesome. A couple have tried.

As for just buying straight from g force I'm guessing it'd be cheaper. But no clue. I know their bullet main shaft and gear set is pretty expensive. And for 90% of the cars out there a normal ls1 transmission with liberty faceplate will work perfectly fine and cost about half the price. So lots of options.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:36 AM

For anyone that cares, the weight difference between the stock trans and the T56 is about 35 lbs; about 95 lbs vs about 130 lbs.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by biohazarde
I'd be curious to see the bell housing. I just can't see how they can keep the stock fork mount and still have the input shaft fully engage the clutch. Now as far as inside the housing yes it still has those internals (the three bolts to bolt down the throw out bearing, just as stock. Maybe that's what they mean. If they figured out a way to be able to use the stock slave and fork then that's pretty awesome. A couple have tried.

As for just buying straight from g force I'm guessing it'd be cheaper. But no clue. I know their bullet main shaft and gear set is pretty expensive. And for 90% of the cars out there a normal ls1 transmission with liberty faceplate will work perfectly fine and cost about half the price. So lots of options.
I'm not using the fork or slave. Rpm stated that the stock parts could be used so maybe they have adapted a place for the fork setup to work. For me though, it won't matter.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm curious as to the street driving difference between a normally syncro'd trans vs the face plated gears. For me my car is mostly street driven. I would like to make it to the track to do lapping days more often but that's hard to line up with my job. Drag days are easy to make though so I end up doing them but this has me curious.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:57 PM

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

very interesting

Quick Reply: Finally a T56 transmission swap option