S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Finally a T56 transmission swap option

Old 07-01-2016, 07:25 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Venomous S
Originally Posted by Venomous S' timestamp='1467330574' post='24006525
[quote name='Spoolin' timestamp='1467329141' post='24006504']
[quote name='Venomous S' timestamp='1467257386' post='24005718']
Of all the boxes I've ever got, this is one of the most exciting ones.

Hell yeah!

BTW, where is that big sensor on the left of the black plate? I don't see yours.
Did they send you all of the fluids also?
Hmmm, wait a minute. Let's go over this as I want to make sure
a) Main body right side- switch with black/green wires -As I understand that is the Reverse light switch
b) Tailhousing upper left side in shifter hole switch with red/black and green wires- Reverse lockout switch wired to Brakes 12V
c) Tailhousing lower left side- switch with yellow and brown wires- Speedo sensor

What are our differences? What am I missing?
[/quote]
"
Ok, yours has a skip shift solenoid as per Shane. I have a plug, you have a solenoid. This is his response:"the plug labeled D is just a plug its hard to find the plugs they are used on export cars only. Chads transmission has the skip shift solenoid in that spot to plug the hole. That sensor is to make you shift to 4th instead of 3rd at low speeds for fuel economy."

My response: I wouldn't believe Spoolin carrying such a screen name, buying such a trans, and having such a car would worry about fuel economy, lol.
Ha, I'm kidding I didn't say all that. Only half...
[/quote]

Hahaha....... So you got the plug and I got the switch to plug the hole? I guess I'll have to go to a hardware store and try and find a plug for mine then.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Originally Posted by Venomous S' timestamp='1467388492' post='24007040
[quote name='Venomous S' timestamp='1467330574' post='24006525']
[quote name='Spoolin' timestamp='1467329141' post='24006504']
[quote name='Venomous S' timestamp='1467257386' post='24005718']
Of all the boxes I've ever got, this is one of the most exciting ones.

Hell yeah!

BTW, where is that big sensor on the left of the black plate? I don't see yours.
Did they send you all of the fluids also?
Hmmm, wait a minute. Let's go over this as I want to make sure
a) Main body right side- switch with black/green wires -As I understand that is the Reverse light switch
b) Tailhousing upper left side in shifter hole switch with red/black and green wires- Reverse lockout switch wired to Brakes 12V
c) Tailhousing lower left side- switch with yellow and brown wires- Speedo sensor

What are our differences? What am I missing?
[/quote]
"
Ok, yours has a skip shift solenoid as per Shane. I have a plug, you have a solenoid. This is his response:"the plug labeled D is just a plug its hard to find the plugs they are used on export cars only. Chads transmission has the skip shift solenoid in that spot to plug the hole. That sensor is to make you shift to 4th instead of 3rd at low speeds for fuel economy."

My response: I wouldn't believe Spoolin carrying such a screen name, buying such a trans, and having such a car would worry about fuel economy, lol.
Ha, I'm kidding I didn't say all that. Only half...
[/quote]

Hahaha....... So you got the plug and I got the switch to plug the hole? I guess I'll have to go to a hardware store and try and find a plug for mine then.
[/quote]
Well, at least you can't say he wasn't thinking about your gas economy lol
Old 07-03-2016, 04:53 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Tick Performance makes a plug for skip shift delete if you want one. McMaster also has a bolt of correct size and pitch, but you may need to cut down the length a bit to get it to seal properly with the OEM o-ring. I researched all this in the past but decided to just leave the solenoid in place as a "plug". The only drawback is clearance for the solenoid in the tunnel. It gets pretty tight with several spots on the T56.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
Tick Performance makes a plug for skip shift delete if you want one. McMaster also has a bolt of correct size and pitch, but you may need to cut down the length a bit to get it to seal properly with the OEM o-ring. I researched all this in the past but decided to just leave the solenoid in place as a "plug". The only drawback is clearance for the solenoid in the tunnel. It gets pretty tight with several spots on the T56.
Good to know, thanks. I have Tick on my FB and will contact them.

I figured this switch may cause more clearance issues and need it gone.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Originally Posted by CoolGuy094' timestamp='1467593635' post='24008343

I don't get it. Why would you get rid of the switch when you can save a few pennies on gas???
Old 07-04-2016, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Venomous S
Originally Posted by Spoolin' timestamp='1467595344' post='24008353
[quote name='CoolGuy094' timestamp='1467593635' post='24008343']

I don't get it. Why would you get rid of the switch when you can save a few pennies on gas???
[/quote]

No need for any gas savings here son. LOL
Old 07-04-2016, 11:25 AM

LOL
Old 07-05-2016, 07:47 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

So let me get this straight. All I need to buy is a trans, adapter plate, send it to rpm, pay bill,receive and install it?
Old 07-05-2016, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by LostMarine
So let me get this straight. All I need to buy is a trans, adapter plate, send it to rpm, pay bill,receive and install it?
Have to add a few things to that list. You need to send a bellhousing to RPM. When you receive it, you'll have to test fit and hammer in a few sections in the tunnel (minimal). Make up a tranny mount, get a Viper yoke to couple with the driveshaft and wire up sensors.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone have their beast running this setup yet? looking for a new trans setup and would love to hear some final cost numbers and how they like the mod

Quick Reply: Finally a T56 transmission swap option