S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

greddy turbo budget v-mount/engine bay cleanup

Old 01-09-2017, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Singh_snisen
link to the intercooler u used? Link the the rad u used? How did u extend the coolant hoses. Any overheating issuers? Wat FI kit u on?
intercooler: Rev9 V-Mount Turbo Intercooler FMIC 25 X 12 X 3.5 550hp 2.75" In / Out Universal | eBay

radiator: 2 Core Aluminum Radiator & 2x fans for VW GOLF MK1 MK2 GTI/SCIROCCO 1.6 1.8 8V | eBay

The intercooler should be more than enough for my power levels. The radiator is only 61% the surface area of the oem one, but the core is 2.5x as thick and it's a dual pass so I think with the appropriate ducting it should do just fine. I used dayco 1.25" flex radiator hose (you can get ~12" segments for about $11 at any autozone) and some 32mm rad hose couplers to extend the lines.

I'm running a greddy kit with larger injectors and a haltech standalone for tuning.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:25 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by zay27
intercooler: Rev9 V-Mount Turbo Intercooler FMIC 25 X 12 X 3.5 550hp 2.75" In / Out Universal eBay

radiator: 2 Core Aluminum Radiator & 2x fans for VW GOLF MK1 MK2 GTI/SCIROCCO 1.6 1.8 8V eBay

The intercooler should be more than enough for my power levels. The radiator is only 61% the surface area of the oem one, but the core is 2.5x as thick and it's a dual pass so I think with the appropriate ducting it should do just fine. I used dayco 1.25" flex radiator hose (you can get ~12" segments for about $11 at any autozone) and some 32mm rad hose couplers to extend the lines.

I'm running a greddy kit with larger injectors and a haltech standalone for tuning.
nice. Keep me posted when u run the car. I'm very interested in doing this v mount when I go FI. Nice build.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:20 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Just curious, but is this for a track build the switch to a v-mount? I didn't see you mention it anywhere which is why I was curious why you were going through all this work. Also, are you still running the stock greddy turbo or did you upgrade to a gt30? Cool build either way. I'd be very interested to see someone try and do a budget track FI build with a greddy style manifold, upgraded gt30 turbo (the oil cooled only turbo won't do well on track), and v-mount. Best of luck.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:58 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaspah
This would be perfect:

Is that a custom hood? Perfect for cooling that!

looks like Amuse

Last edited by E4RTH WORM JIM; 01-10-2017 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:32 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Subbed! Curious about a dyno chart when you're done.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:26 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by E4RTH WORM JIM

looks like Amuse
Anyone?
Old 01-21-2017, 05:31 PM

So it's been a while without an update, I sliced my thumb open due to a janky ass can opener which put a damper on progress a bit as there's only so much I could do with one hand.

Anyway I managed to make a bit of progress and I'm mostly healed up now so I should be able to get some work done in the next few weeks.

I pulled the factory jack and tools (I carry a full size jack and toolset with me everywhere anyway) and put the battery in it's place. It fits in the space perfectly and looks like stock with the cover back over it.

I also started making the radiator stays (which will also serve as mounting points for the ducting).

Finalizing mounting brackets for the radiator and intercooler is the next big step, but there's still some smaller cleanup items to address (evap system, old oil cooler coolant lines, ect.) and other projects (sound system, gauges). Will update soon, hopefully with some more significant progress.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by E4RTH WORM JIM

looks like Amuse
Yeah it's custom
Old 01-23-2017, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
Just curious, but is this for a track build the switch to a v-mount? I didn't see you mention it anywhere which is why I was curious why you were going through all this work. Also, are you still running the stock greddy turbo or did you upgrade to a gt30? Cool build either way. I'd be very interested to see someone try and do a budget track FI build with a greddy style manifold, upgraded gt30 turbo (the oil cooled only turbo won't do well on track), and v-mount. Best of luck.

Not really a track build, the car mostly sees "spirited" street driving. I mostly did it cause my old greddy intercooler was pretty beat up. I had to get a new one anyway, and the s2k bay is perfect with all that room in front of the engine. Also I've always liked the layout of v-mounts aesthetically (I know that's kinda bs but it's the truth lol). The intercooler can handle alot more power than I'm putting through it too so I'm covered if I do move to a bigger turbo in the future.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:18 AM

Haven't had a chance to get much done on the car, but I made a little progress on the gauges, needs quite a bit of cleanup but it's starting to take shape.

Last edited by zay27; 01-23-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Quick Reply: greddy turbo budget v-mount/engine bay cleanup