S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

greddy turbo budget v-mount/engine bay cleanup

Old 01-23-2017, 10:20 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Looking good. I was gana put my gauges there too but I decided to remove my dash this summer
Old 01-29-2017, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Small update for this week. Didn't get too much done on the engine as I was pre-occupied with another project.

I blocked off the coolant port underneath the header. I cut most of the fitting off and then threaded it for a 1/2" bolt, I had to cut it down to make sure there was enough clearance for the oil pressure sensor. (I also broke that other connector thing next to it, anyone know what this is/have a part number for it?)

I also ran a coolant line from the fitting in the upper hose to the top of the tank (this will make sure there are no air bubbles and also serve as a coolant level indicator since the hose is clear.

I also spent some time over the weekend making a sub box for the car. I figured since I was moving the battery to the trunk anyway I might as well add some sound equipment (plus I had a very compact amp and a pair of 6.5" jls sitting around from a previous car). The amp is 5ch so I'll probably add some rear speakers too, haven't decided yet on whether they should go behind the seats in in the headrests yet.

It'll sit in the trunk like so, I wanted to minimize the impact on trunk space so the box is as shallow as possible and will slot right into the opening in the trunk.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

It's going to suck to initially bleed with how you have that coolant line ran. I'm digging the cost effective intercooler though. i'm wondering if your radiator is enough to keep the car cool. I cant wait to see more updates. V mount is an awesome thing, it kept my car cool an entire session in Swamp Ass Atlanta last year.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Tougefactory
It's going to suck to initially bleed with how you have that coolant line ran. I'm digging the cost effective intercooler though. i'm wondering if your radiator is enough to keep the car cool. I cant wait to see more updates. V mount is an awesome thing, it kept my car cool an entire session in Swamp Ass Atlanta last year.

gatta do cycles led with the overflow tank full. But ya I'm digging this v mount. If it works real good then Ima do this to mine after race season this year.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:24 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Is there a reason why you chose the drivers side to mount the Oil cooler. Dont mean to nit pick, I would try to keep the lines as short as possible while accomplishing its main goal.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MorngWoodStewie
Is there a reason why you chose the drivers side to mount the Oil cooler. Dont mean to nit pick, I would try to keep the lines as short as possible while accomplishing its main goal.
It was mostly a convenience thing, where I had the oil filter placed it was kinda tricky to have the lines wrap back around to meet the cooler when it was on the passenger side. The spot on the driver's side was easy to get to, and leaves the lines pointing directly across in the direction they need to go. Granted it could have been done a little cleaner, but I was lazy and didn't feel like cutting lines and switching out fittings and stuff.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:30 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by zay27
It was mostly a convenience thing, where I had the oil filter placed it was kinda tricky to have the lines wrap back around to meet the cooler when it was on the passenger side. The spot on the driver's side was easy to get to, and leaves the lines pointing directly across in the direction they need to go. Granted it could have been done a little cleaner, but I was lazy and didn't feel like cutting lines and switching out fittings and stuff.
Ic, having soft bends and straight paths is a consideration as well. Mostly just wondering; seemed to me a little rushed. I like all the DIY! Looks good.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Singh_snisen
gatta do cycles led with the overflow tank full. But ya I'm digging this v mount. If it works real good then Ima do this to mine after race season this year.
on our v mount it takes about 3 full bleed sessions to get all the air out initially. Just make sure to bleed from under the fuel rail as well. Its a weird balance lol
Old 01-30-2017, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Tougefactory
on our v mount it takes about 3 full bleed sessions to get all the air out initially. Just make sure to bleed from under the fuel rail as well. Its a weird balance lol

3? That's fast. I was expecting 5 or more just to make sure haha
Old 01-30-2017, 10:52 AM

Btw Zay wer is the coolent cap? Was looking at the rad and it didn't look like it had one. How r u gana fill it with coolent ?

Quick Reply: greddy turbo budget v-mount/engine bay cleanup