S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Forced Induction (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-forced-induction-142/)
-   -   Greddy Turbo Kit Recommendations (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-forced-induction-142/greddy-turbo-kit-recommendations-980341/)

FlushS2000 09-18-2012 03:13 PM

Greddy Turbo Kit Recommendations

I know everyones gonna tell me use the search button and read the forums but believe me i have read most available on the greddy turbo kit written, so give me a favor and dont flame im just asking for some help from my fellow s2ki members.

Onwards, i just recently purchased a complete greddy kit but id like to have it all pieced together before i plan to slap her on my girl. I bought it with out the emanagment system since ive read its junk and just doesnt do the kit justice, i know everyones going to recommend aem but im looking at all my options before deciding. any input helps just let me know cause this is one of the things id like the most advice on.

I also absolutely plan on putting a bov on the kit but it has a flange for a greddy rs bov, i really liked the hks on my fc so i may just change the flange. anyone have any idea why i shouldnt?

As everyone may know the greddy manifold cannot stay since i dont feel like removing the turbo every 20xxx miles so ive decided to go with the pfab replacement manifold, anyone have any experience to disagree or should i just save up and get a ELM made and call it a day?

Another concern of mine is the fuel pump, it wasnt included and i know they usually come with a walbro 255 but ive had a couple walbros in my day and they have a certain wine that i kinda rather not deal with, that is just a con though, ive heard lots of talk that the walbro has plastic gears which get weak if your fuel happens to get low. anyone wanna talk me out of getting a different fuel pump such as a denso or etc since i have a walbro sitting here at home in non operating car

i do like doing things right the first time so i was hoping someone could recommend me a good reputable shop to tune the car once it comes down to it near the 909 area/ontario/socal. i know FSR & HSR are local but i want to look at my options. maybe they could even port my wg to avoid boost creep while im at it.

my car is a 2000 ap1 with 72xxx miles which is pretty much stock other than a 60mm apexi gt with a k&n intake which will be sold after the install. i do plan on getting a test pipe

other than that id appreciate it if anyone has any recommendations on what to get or necessities before installing my kit, im open ears to you gents :tipwink:

thanks guys and appreciate the help in advance :thumbup:

dc2-2-ap1 09-18-2012 04:17 PM

1) Get the aem ems (get the series 2 if possible) if you get the series 1 do yourself a favor and buy the 1052-U (has stock uego wideband)
If you are in California, you might want to consider running the emanage (even though it is not optimal) because you have to deal with emissions. I am not very knowledgeable on this subject as I am in Florida and we have no emissions, so the aem is perfectly fine to run.
2) Have the bov flange cut off and a new flange welded on. I personally do not like the greddy rs bov. The kit I originally bought (revhard) came with one, I had a local shop cut it off and weld a flange for a tial bov. IIRC it only cost me about 30 and was well worth it.
3) Get the pfab replacement manifold. If you want to do something a little extra to help with performance, and cut down on engine bay heat, send the manifold, turbo exhaust housing and downpipe to Swain Tech to get their white lightning coating. It will probably cost you another 500-600 but will be worth it.
4) I have been running a walbro 255 for about 4 years now, and yes, they whine, especially when fuel starts to get low. The whine really doesn't bother me, but it does bother some. If the whine is a concern, you could go with an aeromotive 340lph or a deatschwerks 300lph (multiple vendors sell both)

Like you said, you want to do it right the first time, so build it how you would like it before you put it on.

FlushS2000 09-18-2012 10:25 PM

thanks very much man some great advice right there! i am in cali but after this i dont really plan on trying to pass her legally so thats not too much of a concern. luckily she just recently got smogged and passed with flying colors. may as well not be used to that anymore lol aem was my first initial decision but its just a lot to invest on emu alone, anyone have any other option? any one local with some good shops?

thanks again dc2-2-ap1

riceball777 09-19-2012 12:41 AM

just get an AEM ems. As for the fuel pump go buy an aeromotive 340lph. They flow much more than the walbro 255 and they are quiet.

For tuning I recommend Sean Church at Church Automotive Testing at Wilmington ca

FlushS2000 09-19-2012 01:20 AM

thanks riceball777, ive heard of church' ill have to give them a call soon. thats +2 for the aem, anyone else please feel free to chime me my options

s2knoob89 09-19-2012 04:08 AM

Not trying to be a dick but sell the kit and buy a stage one kit from Fullblown, Pfab, Kings ect.

miguel329 09-19-2012 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by s2knoob89 (Post 22022562)
Not trying to be a dick but sell the kit and buy a stage one kit from Fullblown, Pfab, Kings ect.

I agree, esp if you ever plan to upgrade or want more power

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

FlushS2000 09-19-2012 09:53 AM

if i had high horsepower goals i would agree with you guys %100 but truth of the matter is the s2k is my daily and i have more than enough points on my license, last thing i want is to have no license and have a boosted s2k sitting in my garage after all the money has been spent. and having that carb legal sticker is honestly peace of mind that i wouldnt want to be without, i plan on keeping the drivability as well as hopefully saving a couple mpg. cant help that all my s2k needs is a light more ugmpph and ill be content. i have my other projects on the side too, dont worry ;)

dc2-2-ap1 09-19-2012 10:47 AM

I agree with you, the greddy is enough. Some just want a little more power. I think 300-325 is a good power number for these cars. Yeah, it won't win you many highway pulls but some are over that point in their life. Plus, you won't go through transmissionns like brake pads lol.

FlushS2000 09-19-2012 11:19 AM

Yeah id be happy with 100 hp increase, the cars not a slug id just like a little more. im not really looking to racing, i just want to know i have a little power on tap. keeping that stock clutch is just such a plus too ha