S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Help with minor boost issues with boost solenoid

Old 09-19-2014, 02:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Help with minor boost issues with boost solenoid

I moved from a 5.8psi spring to a 11.6 psi as my turbo had gone and also replaced my old tial v44 wastegate to an mvr one, I've had to redo the boost tables and got the boost holding pretty well apart from a few issues. I'm running aem v2, mac boost solenoid, GT35R, mase manifold these settings although a little different worked well for my old setup which was damn similar.

1. When its fully spooled the boost drops just after the fully spooled point (~5100rpm) then picks up again - anything i can do to rectify that?

2. Most of my runs are in 4th gear, but in 3rd more often that not (overspools) hits fuel cut does the above dip then is okay - anything i can do to rectify that?

3. Throughout when fully spooled through the revs the boost oscillates slightly however 0.5-1psi is probably the best i can do?

4. If i'm in 4th gear then at say 6500rpm hovering then decided to go for it/put my foot down it usually overspools thus hits fuel cut - anything i can do to rectify that?

Lastly i believe its best to get the WG duty cycle correct rather than relying on the boost compensation table?

Hopefully you can help and possibly/hopefully one fix may fixes all my issues.

I've altered the error duty table which has worked well for me in the past, i don't consider its too aggressive?

My Cal and log

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/R...KsDlZtDDCmMKOA

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Help with minor boost issues with boost solenoid-log.jpg   Help with minor boost issues with boost solenoid-map.jpg  
Old 09-20-2014, 02:52 PM

Bump
Old 09-21-2014, 01:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would make the boost error table less aggressive on the spool up. Should help with the over boost issue. Is your target boost around 18?
Old 09-21-2014, 08:43 AM

Hi, I originally did that but think I needs to do reduced it a bit more, do you mean on the last point left hand side of graph?

No I'm targeting 19.1 psi on dyno it's just about 20 which is what I want.

Thanks
Old 09-21-2014, 10:41 AM

What is boost cut set to? I would focus on tweaking the WG duty table.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:32 AM

ok i am going to try and explain as best as i can. bear in mind, this is info that someone else gave me and i am prolly butchering some of it. this being the case, lemme try as best i can to help.

you have two solutions to this problem, one is a patch, the other is to make it solid. for the patch, you need to only focus on your boost error table. normally, your boost error table would not be considered aggressive, however, if you look at your WG base pressure, its then considered ultra aggressive. so you could mess with the error table you can prolly get it to run well. i would go wiht option 2, making it solid going forward.

to do this, you need to redo your WG base table and boost target table. heres why. your base table is supposed to be set so that your WG base is all the duty cycle you need to maintain boost. yours is saying that you need 89.84% duty cycle to run 19 psi of boost. this is just crazy unless you have a horrible inefficient manifold or are running a turbo well past its efficieny range. so drop that WG base table down to 50%. then change your boost target table so that it crosses 0% at 13 psi. this will allow you to tweak your boost control so that you can hit and maintain 13psi. by doing this, you will then be able to tell aem , hey, i now want 18psi, and it will use the error table, boost target table, and your base table to raise boost and then hold it at 18. basically, if you can hit and hold something above your wastegate spring, but below your ultimate goal psi, then you can hit anything in between, or above the goal, simply by saying hit X psi in either your boost by gear table or your boost by speed table. so once you set the target table to cross at 13psi, and your base table to 50%, then make a run and log it. a third gear run. log the psi, boost error feedback, and target duty cycle. that way you know what boost you are hitting, what duty cycle your main settings are running, and how far off you are wiht hte error cycle modifier. then start tweaking the base map or the target map a bit. i cant remember which one is the right one to really mess with. i lowered the base rate until i was at 30%, and now i can properly hold boost. i think this hurts me though as the modifiers only add up to 50%, so i think i only run max 80% to spool it up. hopefully someone else can chime in on that one. but i hope you get what i am trying to say.

to explain further, because your base rate is at 89.84%, when your car has hit 5psi, aem says ok, we are at 5psi, the error table says add 30something% of duty cycle, but it cant becuase you are already at 90%! so changing your base % and tweaking off that, you will be much better off when you are using the modifiers to control boost.

i hope this helps.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:38 AM

Thanks great stuff, I think you should alter wg duty cycle table and get that sorted first then play with compensation though shouldn't be much adjustment needed in that map of wg duty table is set correct.

Cheers