S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

I have a few Turbo questions

Old 06-22-2009, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a few Turbo questions

Hello everyone,
I am looking at buying a s2000 soon, and one of the first things i want to do is to boost it!
I've been reading about many kits and builds but I'm still a little lost.
I'm thinking about going with the Inline Pro Stage 1 Kit.
But what kind of supporting mods would i need for this?
Injectors/fuel pump/head gasket/ect.?
I'm looking to make AROUND 500whp.
Again thank you for your time.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:22 PM

Well you will need all the things you stated in ur post... A headgasket will be a cheap way to lower compression, but building the block would be better... There are some memebers on here in the 500 hp with just a HG... You will also want some gauges to monitor everything such as boost, A/F ratio, oil pressure, temp.....You will also need a engine management such as AEM.. The rear diff is not strong at all either so you may want to do the IP conversion kit as well, but if u are smart im sure the stock will last a little while...Can't go wrong with Inline pro, but a lot of members i have noticed are going with PFAB stuff.. There is a tonne of information on this site so see what the search engine brings up...... It will take a lot of money and patience... Good luck!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 04:16 PM

You have a pretty high goal for just getting started. The inline pro stage 1 probably wont get you there, as im pretty sure that is still on the log manifold...which you will have trouble getting past 500 on race gas, much less pump. Id look into your options as far what turbo setup to go with. Your going to need ALOT of money, and alot of patience.

Good luck.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:33 PM

you certainly can make 500+whp on inline pros basic setup you just need to run a larger turbo. Ive made 525whp on pump with their basic kit with a 6165 turbo on around 20psi. I have their 3mm headgasket.

On top of the inlinePRO kit i suggest getting a set of the new saturated Injector dynamics injectors, get their 3mm headgasket, oil relocator to make things easier, competition 6 puck clutch, walbro fuel pump, AEM, i just run a wideband and boost/vac guage. You will want the modifry ect gauge fix or just get an aem water temp gauge.

Once you have all that you will need a talented tuner to put the power down so it doesnt blow up.

Give Ya a call at inlinepro They will be happy to assist you even though you are not yet ready to buy. They are very smart and talented people.

Goodluck
Old 06-22-2009, 04:50 PM

Dont go AEM...if your gonna drop 1200 bucks on an AEM, your better off adding 300 bucks and getting Kpro. Believe me...i run AEM and it gives all kinds of stupid fits and weird things. Im switching to Kpro very soon.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:08 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Lots of different ways to do it.

Do you want to do it yourself, or have a local shop do it? If you want a local shop, go talk with them first and get some recommendations from local S2000 owners who have used them. If you want to do it yourself, there are many options open to you.

I also highly recommend looking on here to see what has worked and what hasn't. PM or call the owners to discuss it with them.

Tim
Old 06-22-2009, 05:53 PM

Thank you for all the quick replies!
Now i have a better idea of where to start and what to get!

If i went water/meth would that make my 500whp goal more attainable?
And can i request the bigger turbo when i order from Inline Pro?
Old 06-22-2009, 06:05 PM

water/meth injection wont hurt. yes you can ask for a larger turbo when you order from inline pro. I know atleast 5 people i have talked to and told to order the turbo i have run on my car since i purchased it from them.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not trying to sound like an a$$ BUT you should worry about buying the car before you get too in depth into a turbo build, but these guys do have the answers...

.... you need a car before a kit.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by macdaddies911,Jun 22 2009, 06:38 PM
Not trying to sound like an a$$ BUT you should worry about buying the car before you get too in depth into a turbo build, but these guys do have the answers...

.... you need a car before a kit.

i have a few friends who talk about how they are gonna get this and that but in the end they don't get anything.

Quick Reply: I have a few Turbo questions