S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

IllestRolla's 03GPW Boost/Build * v2.0 2018 Updates*

Old 03-07-2012, 07:22 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default IllestRolla's 03GPW Boost/Build * v2.0 2018 Updates*

Figured as I spend 99% of my time on s2ki(and 95% of my day ) in the FI section, and have been getting to know some of you. That this would be the best place to put this.

A bit about myself:

I have been into/building Honda's for close to 10 years now. I've owned countless different cars/setups over the years and have learned a great deal along the way.

I hold both an associates in applied science (automotive), and an bachelors in Vocational Education. Safe to say my life revolves around all things automotive.

I have worked as a tech in dealerships, taught automotive classes in various high school/vocational center settings, a little bit of everything.

Rewind to January 2011.

Decided that the time finally had come to sell my EF that I had loved dearly for years. It was getting to the point of not really being street-able anymore and with my new job came more $, I decided to put it up for sale. (Was a built D series w/ an SC50 went 10.9 @130)

Couple pics:

After being for sale for a for a short while, the car was quickly sold to a local friend who has continued its build.

With the EF being gone, the garage was empty and so was the place in my <3 for my Honda, It was time for find a replacement.

I knew I wanted a white s2000, and if possible, w/ an OEM hardtop, not the easiest find but I was determined.

After a few months of hawking the classifieds here I came across this little gem a cool 1500 miles away from me in Tampa Bay, Florida.

Within an hour of the posting I had contacted the seller who informed me that someone local was looking to get it that weekend, I expressed my extreme interest, and offered a down payment. The gentleman I made the purchase from was a class act guy, gave each of us the opportunity to make one offer on the car(as to prevent a bidding war) My offer was higher, and I had tickets purchased that night.

Fast forward 3 weeks, I arrive at Tampa airport, get picked up by the seller and head off to the bank to settle things.

Bank transaction complete and I began my 1500 mile trip back to NY as an owner of my very first s2000

Stopped to visit a few buddy's along the way to break up the trip a bit

First pic in my ownership:

After 2 days of driving, finally got it home:

Car had a few little things done here and there but nothing major major which was a plus for me.

Previous owner installed:
OEM GPW Hardtop, purchased/painted/installed all @ Honda
AP2V1 Wheels
Tint all the way around
Qube Engineering LED cluster (<3 this)
Science of Speed hood dampers
Alpine deck w/ modifry DCI harness.

Other than that, vehicle was 100% stock w/ 65k

Drove the car for about a week, needs more low.

Purchased Koni Yellows+Eibach Pro kit:

Lowered about 1.75-2" all around much better.

Found a deal on a used PRM intake so I scooped that up to spice the engine bay/throttle response up a bit.

Soon needed rear tires, ordered up some tires and took the wheels to paint in the mean time.

Had a buddy shoot the barrels/faces w/ GPW paint and local shop IHATESTICKERS cut up some vinyl H's for my center caps ( I HATE the look of blank centercaps)

Onto July 2011, Birthday came around and the girl hooked it up with PWJDM rotors, Hawk ceramics, science of speed stainless lines and ATE fluid.

Wasn't super pleased with the quality of the coating on the rotors at first. I probably still would not buy them again, but after 6 months it has actually held up better than I had originally thought.

Last edited by illestrolla; 05-17-2018 at 08:58 AM. Reason: update
Old 03-07-2012, 07:24 AM

Couple random pics from last year

Saw a set of T1R duals for a great price locally.

Scooped em up and boy was this exhaust in good shape:

My boy hit it up with the polishing wheel prior to install:

Both cans restored to mirror finish and installed, I absolutely LOVE this exhaust, has a very great tone and NO drone.

This brings us up to current day, somewhere in-between all of that I picked up an OEM AP1 lip and a few other little interior goodies.

Here are a few of the most recent shots I have of the car and how it sits today.

As well as some Rig shots I took with a friend right before I put it away:

With no s2000 to drive, I began to live in the FI section, reading up as much as I could about the s2000 and peoples experiences. I decided it was time to start buying parts.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:26 AM

So the car has been sitting in the garage for the last few months, and the parts have been piling up.
Within the next few months I should have everything together and installed and tuned. Quick rundown on the setup

100% stock F20C
Custom forward facing manifold
Borg Warner S366 .88ar Single scroll housing
Single 44mm MVR gate
3.5" downpipe
PFAB intercooler +aluminum charge pipe kit w/ Tial 50mm
ID 1000's
FullBlown in tank 340 LPH pump
Comp Twin clutch
Haltech PNP

and a ton of other random stuff to go along with it.

Plans for this year are to make 450+ on extremely low boost and pump 93. As funds allow I will address the drivetrain. At that point I will turn it up and really get after some power...

Couple of money shots:

This is what my roommate and myself have been calling our "staging area"
(parts for his boosted RSX build included in the pic as well)

MMMMMM Borg S366...should move some air

Quick shot of the custom sidewinder and 3.5" downpipe to go along with it.

Will be dropping it all off to get coated @ Swaintech this week. Nice to have them just about 15 mins from home.

Much much more to follow within the next few weeks here!

I am slowly going to start installing the small little things here and there while I am still driving the car. Relocation's, fans, clutch, ect ect.

When I have EVERYTHING back from powder-coating, swaintech, welder ect I will take a week off from work and bang the rest of it out.

I expect this thread to grow incredibly fast w/ pics and progress so let me know what you guys think!

-Joe
Old 03-07-2012, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice stuff man. Good choice on the turbo, you'll have no problem at all making that power hah.

Oh, and you have the best color combo

Can't wait to see where this goes..
Old 03-07-2012, 07:45 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Shit yea!!

I can't wait to see what numbers you pull out of it on 93 octane.. Do you plan on running E85 or c16 when you start chasing more power?!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 AM

beautiful car joe, makes me really wanna pick up a hardtop, i just wanted ask why such a huge turbo for 450hp?
Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 AM

Nice collection of parts. Looks like a solid setup!
Old 03-07-2012, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by passmans2kny
beautiful car joe, makes me really wanna pick up a hardtop, i just wanted ask why such a huge turbo for 450hp?

Thanks Matt, your build has made me want it even more.

As far as the turbo selection, it was a mix between getting a good deal, and knowing myself too well. I have gone through complete setup changes too many times in the past. Wanted to do it once this time, IK I will want more more more....Don't we all?
Old 03-07-2012, 08:09 AM

yes this is true, thats future planning right there, bc you know your going to want more than 450 down the line
Old 03-07-2012, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by JDMpearlwhyteZ
Shit yea!!

I can't wait to see what numbers you pull out of it on 93 octane.. Do you plan on running E85 or c16 when you start chasing more power?!

Most likely E85 as it is becoming more and more available in my area. The haltech plays nice with the flex sensors as well, seems like a simple choice

Q16 is just too $$$$ for this guy

Quick Reply: IllestRolla's 03GPW Boost/Build * v2.0 2018 Updates*