S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Ingalls ETD modified for vortech supercharger.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:24 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Ingalls ETD modified for vortech supercharger.

Figure I’d post this here.

I modified my ingalls engine torque dampener to work with my newly installed vortech supercharger kit. Makes the blower a pain to install but I think it was worth it. I wish I took more pictures along the way.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:26 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What did you end up having to do to the mounting brackets?
Old 08-04-2017, 07:43 AM

This is the only other pic I have. Had to extend the bracket where the ETD connects and drill a hole through the bracket to allow the supercharger pulley to poke through. Might make another since I now have a template. The only downfall to the bracket is that the tensioner pulley gets pretty close to bracket where it mounts to the timing chain cover. Modifying the bracket to accommodate the pulley should be easy enough. In my case it wasn’t in the way so I left it as is.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice! i just purchased one and still need to install it but its great to know it can be modified later down the line to work with a S/C kit.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by DarkArsenic
nice! i just purchased one and still need to install it but its great to know it can be modified later down the line to work with a S/C kit.
Just so you know that this mod will only work with the vortech supercharger and not the sos or comptech kits. They utilize the bolt that’s used for the ETD In their own bracket system.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wish someone figured this out a few years ago. Ingalls etd made such a difference on an NA car. Cant imagine how significant itll be on a boosted car
Old 12-06-2018, 04:08 AM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

This is pretty good! Glad to see it fits. (Apologies for the thread bump by the way). I wonder if I could get the 'traditional' ETD designs to work with a modified Vortech VTEC sandwich plate... will post a pic of said modified bracket asap.

@Kyle thanks for pointing me in this direction

To the OP: is there any buzzing or undesirable clashes between the Ingalls bracket and the Vortech pulley/s at all? How's the driving experience with this ETD running in your boosted SC setup?
Old 12-06-2018, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
This is pretty good! Glad to see it fits. (Apologies for the thread bump by the way). I wonder if I could get the 'traditional' ETD designs to work with a modified Vortech VTEC sandwich plate... will post a pic of said modified bracket asap.

@Kyle thanks for pointing me in this direction

To the OP: is there any buzzing or undesirable clashes between the Ingalls bracket and the Vortech pulley/s at all? How's the driving experience with this ETD running in your boosted SC setup?
I’ve had absolutely zero issues with this setup and works awesome. Ive has this on the for maybe 20k. IMO there is no way for you to modify the vortech vtec bracket to accomodate the dampener. That bracket already has way too much stress on it.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:21 AM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by myflys2k

I’ve had absolutely zero issues with this setup and works awesome. Ive has this on the for maybe 20k. IMO there is no way for you to modify the vortech vtec bracket to accomodate the dampener. That bracket already has way too much stress on it.
Glad to hear it gave you 0 issues. I need to upload a pic of an S2K with the modified Vortech bracket and show you. Perhaps an ETD could integrate with that bracket instead of the supplied Vortech one which is known to break eventually.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
Glad to hear it gave you 0 issues. I need to upload a pic of an S2K with the modified Vortech bracket and show you. Perhaps an ETD could integrate with that bracket instead of the supplied Vortech one which is known to break eventually.
if you can come up with a modified bracket that integrates the timing chain cover bolt similar to the SOS and comptech kits that would be fantastic. Im confident that this bracket could then support the ETD stress as well. The only reason why my modified ingalls bracket works is due to the vortech not using the timing cover bolt. The weakness of the vortech kit for sure

Quick Reply: Ingalls ETD modified for vortech supercharger.