S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

INSANESHAFTS AXLE REVIEW - And New 1/4 Mile PB!

Old 04-04-2017, 09:26 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I wouldnt go with the BMax, they were on it when i bought it. Im debating the KP drag set, which i think is rebranded anyway. I never heard of Stance drag coils, so thats news to me, ill look into it. I figured any Drag specifc coil would be good since its specific to our cars, if not i would be taking the car to Drummond race Cars for custom stuff. I will be taking to DRC anyhow to set it up, the do Sal Patels Viper that has the 1/2 mile RWD record right now, both are friends and nearly neighbors to me.

In my mind, Ill have them set up the car for all 3, and then we will notch/record the settings for each so I can adjust it on my own /easier for each type of event. I run SlipStream Racing, so this car was intened to be a triple threat as well, 1/4. 1/3 roll, and 1/2 mile

I have no idea what HP im at, I know theres more in it. Dont really care about HP as trolls will pick apart dynos no matter what, but timeslips and gapping others tells the only story I really care about

I havent maxed out the fuel system, my fuel, motor and turbo should be good for 850-900 DJ, so thats where I hope to end up. I feel anything over that and it would need to target 1 type of racing
Old 04-04-2017, 03:01 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by LostMarine
I wouldnt go with the BMax, they were on it when i bought it. Im debating the KP drag set, which i think is rebranded anyway. I never heard of Stance drag coils, so thats news to me, ill look into it. I figured any Drag specifc coil would be good since its specific to our cars, if not i would be taking the car to Drummond race Cars for custom stuff. I will be taking to DRC anyhow to set it up, the do Sal Patels Viper that has the 1/2 mile RWD record right now, both are friends and nearly neighbors to me.

In my mind, Ill have them set up the car for all 3, and then we will notch/record the settings for each so I can adjust it on my own /easier for each type of event. I run SlipStream Racing, so this car was intened to be a triple threat as well, 1/4. 1/3 roll, and 1/2 mile

I have no idea what HP im at, I know theres more in it. Dont really care about HP as trolls will pick apart dynos no matter what, but timeslips and gapping others tells the only story I really care about

I havent maxed out the fuel system, my fuel, motor and turbo should be good for 850-900 DJ, so thats where I hope to end up. I feel anything over that and it would need to target 1 type of racing
Get ahold of TougeFactory (Devin) on here about the Stance setup, supposed to be good for street and drag and they do have proven consistent .3 sec off Supras and FRSs 60 ft times. I talked with BC and those KP coilovers they claim are "tuned to KP specs" is a bunch of BS. BC said they are nothing more than their off the shelf BR series but with a hefty price tag. Strange, which is really good too, has a front drag setup but not sure what we would do for the rear and there are also a couple of more companies if you Google "drag s2000 coilovers". Just not sure if these in the searching, like the Stance I mentioned, are true drag/street specific or just off the shelf setups they up the price on with the added name. Please keep me posted (you have my FB now) on what you find out with DRC and if you plan on doing something soon. I'm going to need an option to go with within the next couple months. Like I also said, I won't be running skinnies and going full drag car. I need something that will work well on the street for roll racing and some twisties at times with the boost down, along with hitting the 1/4 and 1/2 mile drags. It's a tall order but there should be a good compromise like what (Devin) Stance mentioned with their setup.

You and me are in the same boat it sounds and with the same goals...... LOL

BTW, the French Lick Indiana 1/2 mile will be going on again this year in mid Oct.

Last edited by Spoolin; 04-04-2017 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:40 PM

After reading some options, I think the best bet is to take the car to DRC to get weighed an measured first, then have them tell me what to get ordered, but this looks like a good set at a decent price:
Honda S2000 PRO Drag Coilover Kit | Import drag solutions
Old 04-05-2017, 02:39 AM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by LostMarine
After reading some options, I think the best bet is to take the car to DRC to get weighed an measured first, then have them tell me what to get ordered, but this looks like a good set at a decent price:
Honda S2000 PRO Drag Coilover Kit Import drag solutions
Yeah, I saw that one and they look to be proven out like Stance ($1400 for theirs). They even tell you what their customers are running as spring rates and a lot seem to run around 350 lb, which is right about where my Eibach pro kit now sit with the stock coils. Interesting.........Maybe this is why my car seemed to squat hard and hook so well and go before. Maybe I don't need to change anything. LOL Since DRC is near you, going to them to get the answers on what to get would probably be your best bet. Please let me know what you find out.

Last edited by Spoolin; 04-05-2017 at 02:54 AM.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:08 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You'll end up with DSS axles eventually.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Hey guys I think we can help you out with your suspension needs. The biggest thing is you want to unload the front of the car and load the rear as fast as possible but you want it to remain in control. You actually don't want the suspension to squat becuase that loses energy that could be going into your tires. We actually would love to work with some of you guys on fine tuning our drag coilovers so if you are interested please let me know.
The following users liked this post:
Spoolin (04-06-2017)
Old 04-06-2017, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Good advice on the DSS axles for now, that's what I'll do. Have you looked into the Stance drag coils? I was checking them out but still don't know if they are proven. Are BmaxII coilovers pretty decent? Can't find any info on them. Trying to figure out what will be best for me and was also looking at the KW Clubsport but they are pricey. I'll be doing aggressive street driving/roll racing (hitting twisties at times with the boost down) and also hitting the 1/4 and 1/2 miles events. Looking to be around 1000 whp and hoping my FB dual setup will get me close without having to go surge tank or something.
Originally Posted by umair
Very nice times! You definitely have a 9 second pass in the future. Are you still at 750whp? Did the walbro max out on you?
Originally Posted by boostedf22c
You'll end up with DSS axles eventually.
I think you might be right
Old 04-07-2017, 03:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Should have just waited for the insane 1000hp axles.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:00 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004TurboS
Should have just waited for the insane 1000hp axles.
Or get the DSS ones that have been proven time and time again.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by boostedf22c
Or get the DSS ones that have been proven time and time again.
Someone had to be the guinea pig and confirm lol

Quick Reply: INSANESHAFTS AXLE REVIEW - And New 1/4 Mile PB!