S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

JSchwieb's GT3582 Turbo Build

Old 10-19-2018, 02:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Going to a 3" will help but it's not an absolute necessity if you're looking for 500whp.

I just made 518whp with the same exhaust. And that was on 93 octane. I also bought it because I was initially supercharged.

in for quiet 3" exhaust suggestions though
Old 10-19-2018, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What turbo are you running? Also how does it sound turbo'd?
Old 10-20-2018, 03:14 AM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

3" is not needed for 500hp. I did back to back dyno runs with a q300 vs an open DP and the only difference was 300rpm in spool time.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:11 AM

I have decided on running a vacuum activated cutout from ECS Performance, just need to decide where the best place to install it is.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...923ecs01-01~a/

I would just try to make 500Whp on the Tanabe alone but I feel like having that small of an exhaust paired with my small GTX3071r will really make me shy of my power goals.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:10 AM

Update -

Been working on pulling my transmission to be able to install a clutch that can support my HP goals. I have everything removed minus the top two bolts on the transmission and I have no idea how I am going to get them removed. I have my sub frame dropped down and the transmission mount unbolted so I have a clear shot to get on the bolts but my 1/2 drive Dewalt impact isn't able to remove these bolts even with a fresh battery. I have tried to get a breaker bar up there but with the extensions it just moves too much and my breaker bar hits the driveshaft/transmission tunnel before I am able to apply any pressure....what a pain!
Old 11-05-2018, 08:06 AM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by JSchwieb
Update -

Been working on pulling my transmission to be able to install a clutch that can support my HP goals. I have everything removed minus the top two bolts on the transmission and I have no idea how I am going to get them removed. I have my sub frame dropped down and the transmission mount unbolted so I have a clear shot to get on the bolts but my 1/2 drive Dewalt impact isn't able to remove these bolts even with a fresh battery. I have tried to get a breaker bar up there but with the extensions it just moves too much and my breaker bar hits the driveshaft/transmission tunnel before I am able to apply any pressure....what a pain!
Yep, been there done that LOL. and boy is it a pain...especially if your car is up on jack stands on the garage floor it doesn't give you enough space to use a good size breaker bar. Go buy yourself some swivel extensions in various sizes. Try to minimize the number of extensions you use by using longer ones. Definitely need swivel to make your life easier. Impact guns do not work especially since you're connecting 2 or more extensions (you lose all the energy of the impact through the connections). Try to position yourself to crank on the breaker bar I was literally hanging my entire weight off it (i weigh 185) trying to bounce up and down and just as I was about to give up a gun shot would go off and the bolt came lose. Careful you dont smack your face with the bar! Done that too.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:12 AM

Oh and on the radiator topic. Mine finally overheated one day sitting in traffic. Temps shot up to 235+. I've come to the realization it was the aftermarket slim fan i was using (piece of crap, slim fans simply dont flow enough air). Im in the process of installing a spal extreme 12" fan with a custom shroud. If you got the room, the stock radiator with stock fans should keep the car cool. If you go aftermarket radiator, make sure you retain the stock fans or buy a proper fan like the spal extreme to supply the same, if not more amount of air through the radiator.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

At least get a long extension as mentioned. Using a pipe on the breaker bar for more leverage helps too. If that doesn’t work, then you might need to hit the gym, j/k. Good luck.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by soulicious
At least get a long extension as mentioned. Using a pipe on the breaker bar for more leverage helps too. If that doesn’t work, then you might need to hit the gym, j/k. Good luck.
Yes, thats good advice too. Ive used my jack handle as an extension to the breaker bar. But being the car was on the garage floor there was hardly any room for it. It would hit the garage floor before breaking the bolt loose. Just got to play with it until you get it. Lots of cursing, and lots of beer after to celebrate getting those two bolts out LOL
Old 11-08-2018, 06:21 AM

Thanks for the advice everyone! I am not sure what method worked (mainly cause I don't remember after hitting my head so hard on my garage floor I have lost 30% brain function) but the trans is out, not a fun job on jack stands by yourself but this is the first trans I have ever removed and if it wasn't for those top two bolts it would have been a pretty easy job.

Need to run and grab some 12 point sockets tonight to rip a bit further into it and get my pressure plate off and resurfaced. I have decided to run with an OEM Honda clutch disk with ACT's HD pressure plate. Looks like it is a proven setup that doesn't have clutch chatter and still holds plenty of power!

Previous owner told me the clutch was done by the previous owner less than 10k miles ago....I beg to differ by the looks of things.

Been trying to attach a picture of it all but s2ki isn't letting me upload anything right now, sorry!

Last edited by JSchwieb; 11-08-2018 at 07:46 AM.

Quick Reply: JSchwieb's GT3582 Turbo Build