S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Just some quick questions about the hks s/c

Old 11-20-2016, 09:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Just some quick questions about the hks s/c

Hey guys

I just had some quick questions about the hks s/c or any s/c for that matter. What supporting things do I need on top of a hks kit persay. I. E. Clutch, fuel pump, etc...

​​​​​​And for those wondering why a hks kit because I really like how compact their design is and how the weight is still behind the front axel. Plus I don't want to make all that much hp I rather have reliability.

Thanks
​​​​​​(I would search but I'm on mobile and the new site is not letting me do anything...)
Old 11-20-2016, 11:58 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Decent fuel pump like a Walbro 255LPH pump, some 1000cc injectors from the likes of Injector dynamics,

Clutch wise I personally run a Competition stage 2 clutch in mine, 10k miles and no major issues aside from a little bit of clutch buzz, but there are other solutions like running ACT HDSS clutch cover plate and OEM friction disc, this seems to be very popular in USA but it is quite costly for those outside the USA!
Old 11-21-2016, 06:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm also leaning HKS. This is a great read, I'm only up to page 63 lol

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-irela...topic-1109112/

For what it's worth, I believe the HKS kit comes with a restrictor for use with OEM injectors and pump. Also they state that the clutch is a "recommended" upgrade. There were a few in that thread who kept the OEM clutch for a few months after install w/ no reported slip. Of course it's always better to do everything up front.

At the minimum for LHD, it seems the battery needs to be changed to a smaller Odyssey. I'm not sure why because from the pics there seems to be a lot of space for the regular OEM size. Maybe the OEM battery suffers from heat issues due to being so close to the blower.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Grilla
I'm also leaning HKS. This is a great read, I'm only up to page 63 lol

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-irela...topic-1109112/

For what it's worth, I believe the HKS kit comes with a restrictor for use with OEM injectors and pump. Also they state that the clutch is a "recommended" upgrade. There were a few in that thread who kept the OEM clutch for a few months after install w/ no reported slip. Of course it's always better to do everything up front.

At the minimum for LHD, it seems the battery needs to be changed to a smaller Odyssey. I'm not sure why because from the pics there seems to be a lot of space for the regular OEM size. Maybe the OEM battery suffers from heat issues due to being so close to the blower.

add me on fb so we can egg each other on about it HAHA
Old 11-22-2016, 05:47 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

I kept standard clutch in mine. I bought the car on 94k, installed hks on 127k. Not sure if or when the clutch has been changed but my tuner said you'll be unlucky if the clutch slips on these kits due to the torque being high up the rev range and progressive.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:35 PM

So I know with the hks you need a smaller battery. Evasive recommends the pc680 which is great but anyone know a small battery that has a close to oem or better than pc680 CCA since I live in NJ it can get quite cold