S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

KraftWerks C38 Supercharger Kit FAQ Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 01:42 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JEMNFRS2K

Oh wow ok, that makes a lot more sense. Yeah, I actually came across your thread earlier this morning. So I’ll go ahead and invest in a return fuel system. Thank you!
As a word of advice, I wish I would’ve done the Science of Speed return-fuel kit before I decided to piece it together myself, from what I’ve heard they make everything very simple. But I ended up going with some nice Radium components so I’m content
Old 07-22-2018, 09:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hyrixx1
Read through the post and have couple of questions. I have a new kit installed on my00. Im looking to do a few upgrades. I am installing a upgraded fuel pump (walboro 450) upgraded injectors (ID 1300).

Ive called Kraftwerks to get an upgraded 95MM (cog style 30mm) pulley but they are out of stock. Anyone here have one they are willing to sell?

Running stock exaust, Skunk2 header. Tuned last week and the Grams pump failed. Had to stop at 375HP @ 7800 rpms. Going E85, hoping for 475ish HP

Thanks for the help
If you're running E85, skip over the 95mm and go with the 90mm pulley. I'm running the 90mm pulley on my MY00 and it made 460whp on 93 octane @16.5psi. Should be around 500-510 with e85 timing.

edit: I have a c38-91 so not sure how much difference that is. either way, with e85 you should be able to run the smallest possible pulley.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:47 PM

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by NimbleS2K
2006 AP2
F22C1 STOCK INTERNALS
KRAFTWERKS SUPERCHARGER C38-81 KIT
PLM HEADERS
J'S RACING 70RR EXHAUST

I made 404 WHP 293 TQ @ 14PSI which is very good numbers for C38-81. The problem is that I cant rev past 7500 RPM. tuner mentioned that she want to make more power but after 7500 fuel pressure just drops. so i upgraded fuel pump wirings using the SOS fuel pump wirings and went back on the dyno and I still cant rev past 7500. so last week i upgraded the fuel pump, i went from a grams 255 to AEM 320. i just hope this is good enough to push out the remaining RPM im missing out on. but i just want to ask if anyone know whats going on?
Thats odd that your still having that issue, the reason the fueling issue normally occurs is due to overloading the factory relay and the sos kit is designed to upgrade that relay along with upgrade the wiring to be able to handle the power draw. I was having the same issue at 7800 rpm last year prior to having my engine build and hopefully this year when I have a real tuner, tune my car the issue will be resolved.

Evans is tuning my car on the 16th, Ill keep you posted
Old 08-05-2018, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[left]
Originally Posted by outeiroj
Thats odd that your still having that issue, the reason the fueling issue normally occurs is due to overloading the factory relay and the sos kit is designed to upgrade that relay along with upgrade the wiring to be able to handle the power draw. I was having the same issue at 7800 rpm last year prior to having my engine build and hopefully this year when I have a real tuner, tune my car the issue will be resolved.

Evans is tuning my car on the 16th, Ill keep you posted
yeah that’s exactly what was going on. Please do keep me posted. Good luck ✌
Old 08-06-2018, 05:04 AM

Received 33 Likes on 11 Posts

Anyone here with LHT's version of the kraftwerks kit? What makes this more reliable?
Old 08-06-2018, 04:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastb4ck
Anyone here with LHT's version of the kraftwerks kit? What makes this more reliable?
Here's mine.

There are many more to watch and see what they improve on.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:17 PM

Received 33 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosted04S2K
Here's mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ek_x6SSj20

There are many more to watch and see what they improve on.
Yeah I've seen that vid and a bunch more
Just curious if anyone had a list of things they do differently
Old 08-08-2018, 08:55 PM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by fastb4ck
Yeah I've seen that vid and a bunch more
Just curious if anyone had a list of things they do differently
I think some of the main things they do is ensuring they Loctite all of the pulley bolts on the bracket, as well as use beefier ARP bolts on certain parts (I think on the vtec solenoid? and wherever else the bracket mounts) and John and George supposedly have tensioning the belt down to a science. Supposedly proper tension of the belt is all a feel thing, and I'm inclined to believe them as they've installed near 60 kits and nothing but happy customers. They've definitely built themselves around proper installation as well as making changes where they think there's weaknesses in install technique or hardware used. The KW kit seems to be a solid design IF installed properly, and LHT seems to be proving that; they'll be getting my car eventually.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kdurning
Sounds like the "fix" might be something LHT is doing that is not in the instructions. I have not heard of anyone that had them install it having these issues. if you have please chime in.
Yes I think one of their (LHT) youtube videos shows the modification.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:41 AM

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

[left]
Originally Posted by JEMNFRS2K

yeah that’s exactly what was going on. Please do keep me posted. Good luck ✌

Just wanted to respond to this as I’m sitting in a dinner waiting for a burger after leaving Evans... the SOS wiring did correct the fuel cut off issue. He did however encounter fueling issues above 7000rpm but he was able to correct it. He told me to keep an eye on the grams injectors as he’s already run into failures in a couple of s2000 causing severe lean issues on hot starts as well as fuel cut out at high rpm... and he reiterated to not run the grams pump rather the walbro which I had already installed prior due to bad reviews from grams pumps

and in case anyone’s curious 451hp 301ft/lbs

Quick Reply: KraftWerks C38 Supercharger Kit FAQ Thread