S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Kraftwerks C38 Supercharger Kit - snapped bolts. Some help please for replacements

Old 08-11-2018, 01:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kraftwerks C38 Supercharger Kit - snapped bolts. Some help please for replacements

Hi guys,

I have a Kraftwerks kit in the UK on my S2000 and it has generally been okay minus a few issues.

- Back in 2015 I had the bracket and bolts snap that holds the VTEC solenoid but this was replaced quickly by KW
- I also had the bolts that hold the VTEC solonoid in place snap again about a year later. These were replaced with stronger bolts
- These stronger bolts again snapped a few months ago and I managed to get them drilled out and replaced with stronger ARP bolts (as recommended on here) and after some hard driving so far so good.

Unfortunately, after a 10 day drive around the Swiss Alps and Italy last week the head of one of the bolts that hold the supercharger pulley in place has now snapped. No 5 in the diagram below. Luckily the bolt is still in place, but obviously, I, do not want to drive the car until this is resolved, so I was wondering if anyone knew the correct size and thread of the bolts (no 5) in the diagram below so I can order some stronger ARP replacements.

I am not a handy person so will get it fixed at my friends garage but I need to provide him with the correct bolts so he can take the tension off the belt, drill out using a bolt extractor the broken bolt and replace all the bolts with stronger ARP ones (the ARP ones seem to have done the trick with the VTEC solonoid bolts).
Can anyone help with the size or even better link me to the correct ARP ones to buy that would work.

My VTEC solonoid seal No 2 in the diagram is also leaking - where can I buy this from? I can't see it on the Kraftwerks store and I don't think it is the same as a standard Honda one - the Honda one seems to have a built-in filter/gauze that this one does not have.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Anees
Old 08-11-2018, 04:33 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Anees
Hi guys,

I have a Kraftwerks kit in the UK on my S2000 and it has generally been okay minus a few issues.

- Back in 2015 I had the bracket and bolts snap that holds the VTEC solenoid but this was replaced quickly by KW
- I also had the bolts that hold the VTEC solonoid in place snap again about a year later. These were replaced with stronger bolts
- These stronger bolts again snapped a few months ago and I managed to get them drilled out and replaced with stronger ARP bolts (as recommended on here) and after some hard driving so far so good.

Unfortunately, after a 10 day drive around the Swiss Alps and Italy last week the head of one of the bolts that hold the supercharger pulley in place has now snapped. No 5 in the diagram below. Luckily the bolt is still in place, but obviously, I, do not want to drive the car until this is resolved, so I was wondering if anyone knew the correct size and thread of the bolts (no 5) in the diagram below so I can order some stronger ARP replacements.

I am not a handy person so will get it fixed at my friends garage but I need to provide him with the correct bolts so he can take the tension off the belt, drill out using a bolt extractor the broken bolt and replace all the bolts with stronger ARP ones (the ARP ones seem to have done the trick with the VTEC solonoid bolts).
Can anyone help with the size or even better link me to the correct ARP ones to buy that would work.

My VTEC solonoid seal No 2 in the diagram is also leaking - where can I buy this from? I can't see it on the Kraftwerks store and I don't think it is the same as a standard Honda one - the Honda one seems to have a built-in filter/gauze that this one does not have.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Anees
Hi, I’ve had to replace the same bolt you’re talking about, as well as the VTEC solenoid ones as well. I don’t have a specific size on those so I can’t be of much use to you there, but in terms of the gasket just swap out the KW one with an OEM Honda one and just remove the small filter on the gasket.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:50 PM

Thanks for the advice regarding the VTEC gasket.

Anyone know anything about the size of bolt and thread I need to replace No 5 in the diagram? Are the two that go into the pulleys the same thread and size as the one that goes into the side of the bracket (despite the different heads)?
Old 08-12-2018, 03:17 PM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

the front ones that hold the bracket with the rotrex are both M10 X 1.25 X 40mm

the side one is different
The following users liked this post:
Anees (08-13-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 12:40 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by s2000ellier
the front ones that hold the bracket with the rotrex are both M10 X 1.25 X 40mm

the side one is different
Thank you very much!!

Now to find some ARP replacments.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:20 AM

The ARP ones don't seem to have thread all the way - is this a problem?

https://arp-bolts.com/kits/ARPkit-de...?RecordID=2955
https://arp-bolts.com/kits/ARPkit-de...?RecordID=3036

Thanks
Old 08-13-2018, 11:48 AM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Are you using stock motor mounts?
Old 08-13-2018, 12:01 PM

Received 348 Likes on 324 Posts

Thought about a titanium replacement
Old 08-13-2018, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by noodels
Thought about a titanium replacement
Nope - but happy to consider. Are they going to be stronger than the ARPs?
Old 08-14-2018, 05:46 AM

I have found these bolts that are threaded all the way for 40mm bolts and are 12.9 Tensile Strength so I have gone with these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162526604245

Quick Reply: Kraftwerks C38 Supercharger Kit - snapped bolts. Some help please for replacements