S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Kraftwerks SC inbound, advice would be helpful.

Old 03-18-2019, 06:42 PM

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Code
While I'm scared because I do feel like agreeing, I've worked in this industry years ago and remember a certain part we sold had a similar feedback string of failures, I actually saw how many orders went out the door though and it was 100 units with no complaints to every one failure. We are potentially in an echo chamber. Kyle may have seen more but I've only seen a good 20 some cases of failures, and many have been solved quite easily with better bolts/ loctite. Lht is not seeing consistent major failures and they have done 60 kits alone. They don't have any super special installation anymore that we can't do here, in fact between kw updates and our bolt updates the only thing that separates us now is belt tension. I'd also be curious to see how many failures are just taking the kit and slapping it on. There are so many factors. The only thing I'm worried about is the main hub bolt shearing.
agreed, i work in the auto field and see parts fail quickly and parts that never fail. same thing with cars... there is a lemon law for a reason. im going on 2 years with the only issue being a small leak ive developed at the vtec solenoid which is an ez fix. *knocks on wood*

oh and i bang it off of red line all the time... quite surprised i haven't grenade'd my rear end tbh
Old 03-18-2019, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m the fella that code was referring to.

Seems like all the people who have had success with this kit, beat the crap out of it and bang off rev limiter. Maybe I was being too nice for the 100miles the hub bolt lasted me lol.

I gotta say a big positive with kraftwerks is the customer service despite what others say. I sent my blower in last week, and it’s already on the way back to me with a new hub bolt. So we’ll see what happens, I’ll have a bit more tension on the belt this time as it definitely was not too tight when the bolt originally snapped last week.

My main question is, how easy is this bolt to extract DIY. Can just keep a spare one handy as it takes 10 minutes to pop the blower off the car.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 05ap2ftw
I’m the fella that code was referring to.

Seems like all the people who have had success with this kit, beat the crap out of it and bang off rev limiter. Maybe I was being too nice for the 100miles the hub bolt lasted me lol.

I gotta say a big positive with kraftwerks is the customer service despite what others say. I sent my blower in last week, and it’s already on the way back to me with a new hub bolt. So we’ll see what happens, I’ll have a bit more tension on the belt this time as it definitely was not too tight when the bolt originally snapped last week.

My main question is, how easy is this bolt to extract DIY. Can just keep a spare one handy as it takes 10 minutes to pop the blower off the car.
I am poised to test the limits of that hub bolt now with the c38R sitting in my garage. I think as people said above this may be an echo chamber where there are still lots of kits running without issue.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by leov36
What is the benefit of running the SOS wiring kit with the Walbaro 255? Is it necessary?
No, with the 255 it is not necessary. If you go to the 450 or 525 then yes you need upgraded wiring.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by azian6er
No, with the 255 it is not necessary. If you go to the 450 or 525 then yes you need upgraded wiring.
I think there is minor benefit still from running on a 255 from what I have understood though. I have seen a few others doing it, I am as well on the 255 with SOS kit.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:14 PM

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by azian6er
it makes a pretty big difference on the 255.. the stock wiring and relay gets easily overloaded by the amperage being pulled for 1000cc injectors at 90% duty cycle. If your running a mild tune might not matter but not getting fuel cut off above 7000 rpm was a big reason I managed 451 on pump gas. I had previously dynoed at 399 prior to the install.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:45 PM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

I just want to see some cars running with our revisions and upgrades. Really excited to see how Code makes out over time. He dotted his i's and crossed his t's, if anything goes wrong it definitely will not be down to user error as far as I'm concerned. Can't wait to get some results from the OP and Code and anyone else who took heed to this thread.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Getting close guys, I promise, I'll keep everyone informed. I am waiting on my coolant overflow / catch can to ship this week and otherwise all I have left to do is wire my gauges and wire my SOS wiring kit (I'm halfway through that now)

​​​​​KW is all in. Just need to fill oil and bleed the system.... Then we go! It's heating up here in CO as well so soon, very soon, we will be anxiously driving.

It's not my daily, I'm not afraid to break it either, but I just hope it's not at 14k feet on a tiny mountain road haha
Old 03-26-2019, 06:37 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I ended up needing to pull the kit & send my head into a machine shop, so I'd like to make sure I can bulletproof everything for the re-install.

So far, I've ordered:
-Kraftwerks upgraded VTEC solenoid bracket (150-05-9303)
-ARP 660-1009 (Vtec Solenoid bracket bolts)
-Vibrant 2811 intake elbow (LHT style)

I tried to re-skim the thread but couldn't find the correct part # or final measurements for the intake manifold bracket bolt, belt tensioner bolt, or the bolt for the upgraded VTEC solenoid bracket bolt. Is there any other upgraded hardware I should purchase as it relates to the KW kit?
Old 03-27-2019, 01:36 AM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Canadian144
I ended up needing to pull the kit & send my head into a machine shop, so I'd like to make sure I can bulletproof everything for the re-install.

So far, I've ordered:
-Kraftwerks upgraded VTEC solenoid bracket (150-05-9303)
-ARP 660-1009 (Vtec Solenoid bracket bolts)
-Vibrant 2811 intake elbow (LHT style)

I tried to re-skim the thread but couldn't find the correct part # or final measurements for the intake manifold bracket bolt, belt tensioner bolt, or the bolt for the upgraded VTEC solenoid bracket bolt. Is there any other upgraded hardware I should purchase as it relates to the KW kit?

PM'd sir. I think I can definitely help you out!

Quick Reply: Kraftwerks SC inbound, advice would be helpful.