S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Kraftwerks SC inbound, advice would be helpful.

Old 06-04-2019, 11:48 AM

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Dops2K
Where the other end mount to? Top of Strut tower?
correct, top of the passenger strut tower
Old 06-10-2019, 09:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry for taking so long to respond. After the disappointment I haven't touched the car and will be dealing with it after vacation next week. John Vega, the AEM tuner for LHT, looked at the tune and thought it was garbage. One thing I do need to resolve is a slightly smaller plug gap (IP didn't bother), and wire up my wideband so it can be remotely tuned. If anyone has a good DIY for the wideband, I'm interested. I don't know why I trusted InlinePro, but they are local and seemed to be a big S2000 shop. $750 down the drain.

For anyone researching this thread in NoVA, don't go to IP for anything. They were apathetic when I mentioned having the lowest KW power output I'd ever seen, and they left oil from their hands all over my interior. Just a garbage shop altogether.

I'll post results when I have it tuned by a tuner that knows what he's doing.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:33 AM

If your running a test pipe you can just use the rear 02 bung for the af sensor as most tunes can remove the cat readiness.

inline pro has an amazing builder... but last I checked they sourced their tunes out unless they finally hired someone. But last year when they did my build they did not have their own tuner. So I highly doubt they would be able to hire anyone as good as someone whose been in the same place forever or of Evans quality. LHT has installed 60+ kits so they are very familiar with the ins and outs and likely capable of making more power than most because they know the limits
Old 06-11-2019, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by outeiroj
If your running a test pipe you can just use the rear 02 bung for the af sensor as most tunes can remove the cat readiness.

inline pro has an amazing builder... but last I checked they sourced their tunes out unless they finally hired someone. But last year when they did my build they did not have their own tuner. So I highly doubt they would be able to hire anyone as good as someone whose been in the same place forever or of Evans quality. LHT has installed 60+ kits so they are very familiar with the ins and outs and likely capable of making more power than most because they know the limits
It's a Berk test pipe which has a short O2 defouler built into the pipe, so I don't know if that'll cause issues reading properly.

There were two guys at IP working on the tune when I was there, but who knows. The important part is that they only got 360whp out of it at stock redline & 14.5psi. That's pathetic, and their treatment of the car was as well. The shop looked like an indoors junkyard aside from the engine building area, so maybe the whole operation has gone downhill.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Dethred
It's a Berk test pipe which has a short O2 defouler built into the pipe, so I don't know if that'll cause issues reading properly.

There were two guys at IP working on the tune when I was there, but who knows. The important part is that they only got 360whp out of it at stock redline & 14.5psi. That's pathetic, and their treatment of the car was as well. The shop looked like an indoors junkyard aside from the engine building area, so maybe the whole operation has gone downhill.
Maybe? I agree the shop area was not impressive but it’s ajrd not the be impressed with the engine building area. I’m not trying to make excuses. But John treated me very well while going through my build and I can’t say enough good things about the quality of the build and their professionalism in that process... the shop on the other hand. Zero experience and I’m sorry your experience was bad. Hopefully once you get it refined it’ll put a smile on your face.

as far as the berk test pipe , I would probably remove the pipe and have an exhaust shop weld an extra bung on it. The aem uego is great and comes with the bung you need for the exhaust. And it’s also pretty inexpensive on amazon
Old 06-11-2019, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by outeiroj
Maybe? I agree the shop area was not impressive but it’s ajrd not the be impressed with the engine building area. I’m not trying to make excuses. But John treated me very well while going through my build and I can’t say enough good things about the quality of the build and their professionalism in that process... the shop on the other hand. Zero experience and I’m sorry your experience was bad. Hopefully once you get it refined it’ll put a smile on your face.

as far as the berk test pipe , I would probably remove the pipe and have an exhaust shop weld an extra bung on it. The aem uego is great and comes with the bung you need for the exhaust. And it’s also pretty inexpensive on amazon
I will definitely agree that John was nice and talked me through everything, but the end result just wasn't what I spent $7k+ to achieve (yeah I got a hell of a deal on the kit). I blew $400 for the upgraded blower and make less power than the stock 38-81 blower... That's nonsense. I had LHT's tuner look at the tune and he said it was garbage all around (and he offered to remote tune it originally for free just to promote his business, should have gone with him!). He made a list of things he saw wrong with it, and it's hard to disagree after doing research. I'm sure if they built me a turbo kit, they would make much more typical numbers since they have done hundreds of them.

As for the wideband, could I just replace the upstream sensor instead of having a bung welded in? I have the x-series inline wideband controller/sensor. But I still haven't found a good guide to where I should wire everything (except the wire in the stock harness).
Old 06-11-2019, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dethred
I will definitely agree that John was nice and talked me through everything, but the end result just wasn't what I spent $7k+ to achieve (yeah I got a hell of a deal on the kit). I blew $400 for the upgraded blower and make less power than the stock 38-81 blower... That's nonsense. I had LHT's tuner look at the tune and he said it was garbage all around (and he offered to remote tune it originally for free just to promote his business, should have gone with him!). He made a list of things he saw wrong with it, and it's hard to disagree after doing research. I'm sure if they built me a turbo kit, they would make much more typical numbers since they have done hundreds of them.

As for the wideband, could I just replace the upstream sensor instead of having a bung welded in? I have the x-series inline wideband controller/sensor. But I still haven't found a good guide to where I should wire everything (except the wire in the stock harness).
im not familiar enough with aem v2 or the wideband controller to answer that, maybe someone else can chime in
Old 06-11-2019, 06:35 PM

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

I'm really looking to buying one of these kit it looks pretty simple to install as well does anyone know if they changed there bolts for the vtec sensor with arps or do u still have to source that yourself not sure why the company can't just send you the better ones right??
Old 06-11-2019, 09:31 PM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Quad-Damage
I'm really looking to buying one of these kit it looks pretty simple to install as well does anyone know if they changed there bolts for the vtec sensor with arps or do u still have to source that yourself not sure why the company can't just send you the better ones right??

Yes, they have for a while now. Can confirm directly though; I ordered my kit a couple of months ago, and when I inventoried everything it did include 3 black 12-pt socket head ARP bolts for the VTEC solenoid.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle
Holy Christ that Ingalls bracket is toast....

+1 on the NRG; I honestly had no idea how the hell that thing was mounted; I've never seen a good picture of the mounting point...until now....Kinda blows that I sold mine off.....along with the un-used Puddymod bracket, because I wasn't sure if it was going to fit....great....
PM Puddymod, he's making another batch of his ETD bracket.

Quick Reply: Kraftwerks SC inbound, advice would be helpful.