Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Forced Induction
Reload this Page >

Kraftwerks SC inbound, advice would be helpful.

S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Kraftwerks SC inbound, advice would be helpful.

Old 11-30-2018, 05:01 PM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by K-Os View Post
A couple of guys I know didn't shave the rack bolt. They just shaved 2-3mm off the KW pulley and it cleared.
You could do that too. It's been done successfully, but isn't the most advisable route. Sorry @K-Os , it's a definite option.

Last edited by Kyle; 12-08-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:33 PM

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts

I guess I am curious about proper belt tension, can it be handled like Ducati timing belts and adjusted via phone sound frequency meter while plucking the belt?
Old 12-01-2018, 07:21 PM
Community Organizer

Received 223 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Chibo View Post
I guess I am curious about proper belt tension, can it be handled like Ducati timing belts and adjusted via phone sound frequency meter while plucking the belt?
Yes
Old 12-01-2018, 11:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Good call man, that completely slipped my mind when I was posting after work this morning, I was pretty tired (3rd shift life) Definitely needs to be replaced with OEM...that's quite possibly the saddest excuse for a gasket I've ever seen lol....I think KW should just instruct you to buy a gasket from your local dealer instead of bothering to include theirs.
Wow, thanks so much for the detailed info! I have watched probably 20 LHT build videos, but it'll be nice to have this info handy while installing it. I wish there was a way to get your post flagged so others can see it all quickly. Maybe copy and paste it into a new thread and maybe it can be stickied?
​​​​​
Old 12-01-2018, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dethred View Post
Wow, thanks so much for the detailed info! I have watched probably 20 LHT build videos, but it'll be nice to have this info handy while installing it. I wish there was a way to get your post flagged so others can see it all quickly. Maybe copy and paste it into a new thread and maybe it can be stickied?
​​​​​
No problem man. After compiling all of the info I think I might go the KW route myself. If I do that I'll document it myself to make it a better sticky. I have some ideas in my mind still swirling around regarding what I want to do. Primarily with that threaded stud I showed for #3. The unfortunate thing is it's a fine thread metric stud and doesn't really have any equivalents for sale off the shelf. I was considering getting one custom made to be about 10-15 mm longer so you can essentially bottom it out threading it into the engine but still have enough remaining to be fully engaged in the nut or just the tiniest bit sticking out.

If you could do me a favor, would you mind threading the stud into your motor all the way when you do your install, mark it, and then give me a depth for how deep it goes? That should give me a decent idea as to how much longer it should be. My guess is 10-15 more mm at best. I'll see about potentially contacting a place that can cut a threaded rod to that length for me from some high-strength stuff.

Btw, I called KW the other day. You CAN order the kit with the larger -92 blower for roughly $300 more. If that's something you're interested in see if you can send the un-opened -81 back and give them 300 bucks for the -92. There's a bit more power potential there to get you closer to the 450 you're looking for.

EDIT:

Nevermind on the longer stud....I looked at the ARP equivalent help list again and someone already did that work for me It's 114.3mm long so 14.3mm longer and exactly what you should need. I also like that it's smooth where the spacer/collar thing rides on it....truthfully no need for that portion to be threaded.

Part number is: AM4.500-1LB

Let me update the portion above.

Last edited by Kyle; 12-01-2018 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:11 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dethred View Post
Haha, so I have people telling me to send my car 1000+ miles to LHT who have done 50+ KW kits, and someone telling me not to get the kit at all. I'm officially confused.
yup thats basically the only 2 ways id do it (and I have the kit). KW is a shitty kit unless you get LHT to basically install/replace half the kit.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish I would’ve had all this info handy when I installed my kit last year, although I will add I had 1 blower fail on me after about 5k miles at 410whp 10psi on E85, that one was replaced by warranty thankfully. But now I’ve had a 2nd one fail with no other changes otherwise, and KW refuses to get back to me after 3 different support tickets filed. So be warned I suppose.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ivanaguilar View Post
I wish I would’ve had all this info handy when I installed my kit last year, although I will add I had 1 blower fail on me after about 5k miles at 410whp 10psi on E85, that one was replaced by warranty thankfully. But now I’ve had a 2nd one fail with no other changes otherwise, and KW refuses to get back to me after 3 different support tickets filed. So be warned I suppose.
I’d call them directly. I’d ask for the updated solenoid bracket. The rest is just bolts and stuff. Since you’ll have the blower off to do this stuff it’s not like you’re too late.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had several heads/cam Z06s and have a handful of friends with ECU + header Gen V Vipers. Those are around 135mph trap speed cars.

The S2000 might make xyz peak hp but it's not going to be anywhere close to as fast as you would expect based on hp/weight ratio. A 450whp Kraftwerks S2000 is probably a 120-125mph trap car and will get destroyed from a roll by your aforementioned Viper.

I had a Kraftwerks C38-91 running 16.5psi on my s2000. It made 460whp. (It made 405whp at 12psi) I now have a 6262 turbo on the car + headwork making 535whp at 17psi. The difference is monumental. I'm supposed to race a stock gen V Viper making 550whp soon.

The S/C setup is a lot of fun. You hopefully wont break anything making 450whp. You can get by with the ACT/OEM clutch combo.

I am just tempering your expectations on how fast it will be.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:43 PM

@Dethred Any idea when you're getting your kit? If you do get it ensure you're getting the latest version of the kit with this stiffening bracket I mentioned earlier in the thread.

When you do receive the kit, if you do have the bracket would you mind taking a measurement for me? Trying to gauge the standoff distance it creates from the timing cover to where the head of the bolt meets the surface of it. The factory bolt in that location is a 10x1.25x45mm per the Honda parts diagram. If I could eyeball guesstimate I'd say it's roughly an inch or 25mm. There's an ARP equivalent 10x1.25x60, 70, & 80mm. I think the 70mm would be the most sufficient. If you could do that for me that would be excellent. If it is about 25mm or a little longer/shorter the 70mm would be perfect for the application, but if I'm off the 60 or 80mm can work instead depending on how much longer/shorter. You can do that math

Here's the bolt part numbers:

ARP 10x1.25x60mm: 663-1008

ARP 10x1.25x70mm: 663-1009

ARP 10x1.25x80mm: 663-1010

Quick Reply: Kraftwerks SC inbound, advice would be helpful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands