S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Kraftwerks SC inbound, advice would be helpful.

Old 12-14-2018, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I know where that goes. I didn't put the circles, they are in the instructions. I just wasn't sure about the third picture when it says to connect the pcv hose to the elbow at blower inlet, but it's already connected to the manifold. I'm not using the elbow provided since it does not fit on the 92 so I was just double-checking I could not connect anything. I'm good now.

Thanks
Old 12-14-2018, 09:27 PM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by jpv027
Thanks. I know where that goes. I didn't put the circles, they are in the instructions. I just wasn't sure about the third picture when it says to connect the pcv hose to the elbow at blower inlet, but it's already connected to the manifold. I'm not using the elbow provided since it does not fit on the 92 so I was just double-checking I could not connect anything. I'm good now.

Thanks
It's really annoying that they don't sell a larger elbow to accommodate the -92.....

Are you having a custom pipe made for the BPV and hose barb?

Edit: It chopped off the 2 other pics I attached....wtf
Old 12-14-2018, 09:31 PM

Stupid forums screwing up my uploads....
Old 12-14-2018, 09:44 PM

Your other pics did help. The instructions weren't clear about the front vent.

I was not planning on a custom pipe. I am going to use a vented catch can for front vent and just let the bpv vent to atmosphere. I talked to Kraftwerks and they said it will work fine and they have ad several costumers use the bpv vented. This way I can just buy a 3.5" elbow, a short 3.5" tube, and a bigger filter.
Originally Posted by Kyle
It's really annoying that they don't sell a larger elbow to accommodate the -92.....

Are you having a custom pipe made for the BPV and hose barb?

Edit: It chopped off the 2 other pics I attached....wtf
Old 12-14-2018, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by jpv027
Your other pics did help. The instructions weren't clear about the front vent.

I was not planning on a custom pipe. I am going to use a vented catch can for front vent and just let the bpv vent to atmosphere. I talked to Kraftwerks and they said it will work fine and they have ad several costumers use the bpv vented. This way I can just buy a 3.5" elbow, a short 3.5" tube, and a bigger filter.
My plans are the same, but for both ports to a catch can. Wondering what would be a good alternative vacuum source to T off of for the BPV as well as a boost reference for a gauge. Any thoughts?

Gonna be deleting my cruise and running the schmuck catch can and reservoir combo

Last edited by Kyle; 12-14-2018 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:07 PM

I am not sure. Can I just put the T in the vacuum line that runs to fuel regulator?

Originally Posted by Kyle
My plans are the same, but for both ports to a catch can. Wondering what would be a good alternative vacuum source to T off of for the BPV as well as a boost reference for a gauge. Any thoughts?

Gonna be deleting my cruise and running the schmuck catch can and reservoir combo
Old 12-15-2018, 05:32 AM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

there is a small port near the rear of the manifold you can tee off, people usually say don't tee off the fpr. though I've also read not to tee the bov either.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:12 AM

Thank you!

They tap the hole by the manifold, did they keep it m8 or did they go up in size? Did they do this just to get more thread engagement?

The kit now comes with the reinforced solenoid bracket and the m6 bolts that mount it are ARP.
Originally Posted by s2000ellier
there is a small port near the rear of the manifold you can tee off, people usually say don't tee off the fpr. though I've also read not to tee the bov either.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for all the additional info, which will be critical for the installation process.

I sent an inquiry to Kraftwerks regarding the larger inlet size on the 92 blower, and I'm waiting for a response. That's one headache I wasn't expecting when I ponied up the extra $400.

I realized that once installed I'll need to either have the car towed to a tuner (nooooope), beg someone for a calibration that they've already been using just to limp the car 20 miles to either InlinePro or PTuning, or try to limp the car to either shop using the base calibration on the AEM v2.

This brought me to inquire with Evans Tuning about getting an e-tune. Ideally I'd like to have it tuned on a Dyno to get actual numbers, even though I trust Evans Tuning to do a great job. He mentioned needing a wideband O2 sensor for remote tuning, but I don't recall seeing that listed in the kit parts list. Is this another thing that is mandatory but isn't included in the kit, or am I more confused than I think I am?
Old 12-18-2018, 01:01 AM

Received 186 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Dethred
Thanks for all the additional info, which will be critical for the installation process.

I sent an inquiry to Kraftwerks regarding the larger inlet size on the 92 blower, and I'm waiting for a response. That's one headache I wasn't expecting when I ponied up the extra $400.

I realized that once installed I'll need to either have the car towed to a tuner (nooooope), beg someone for a calibration that they've already been using just to limp the car 20 miles to either InlinePro or PTuning, or try to limp the car to either shop using the base calibration on the AEM v2.

This brought me to inquire with Evans Tuning about getting an e-tune. Ideally I'd like to have it tuned on a Dyno to get actual numbers, even though I trust Evans Tuning to do a great job. He mentioned needing a wideband O2 sensor for remote tuning, but I don't recall seeing that listed in the kit parts list. Is this another thing that is mandatory but isn't included in the kit, or am I more confused than I think I am?
Wideband O2 sensors aren't usually included with any blower kit. For remote tuning it would be important as he (and you) need to keep an eye on the AFR readings. An AEM wideband AFR gauge can be linked up to the V2 you have.

Quick Reply: Kraftwerks SC inbound, advice would be helpful.