S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Kraftwerks SC inbound, advice would be helpful.

Old 01-07-2019, 01:02 AM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Dethred
I went ahead and ordered the wideband in the link. Not going to buy an entirely new ECU at this point.
Good stuff. You seem to have your plan pretty well sorted. I never really understand a wideband without a gauge, but this cleared it up. You still have tuneability built in with this, but no active display, just more as a tuning tool vs monitoring. Pretty cool.

Did you receive your kit?
Old 01-09-2019, 05:26 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow, this is a great thread.

I just wanted to contribute that the ARP part # for the VTEC solenoid bolts is 660-1009. 2/3 of the supplied KW bolts sheared off inside my car's head.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Canadian144
Wow, this is a great thread.

I just wanted to contribute that the ARP part # for the VTEC solenoid bolts is 660-1009. 2/3 of the supplied KW bolts sheared off inside my car's head.
Hey man, I saw your thread. You got a good buy though. Laguna and already supercharged! I'd call KW, they have an upgraded VTEC solenoid bracket design that they'll sell you.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Kyle
Hey man, I saw your thread. You got a good buy though. Laguna and already supercharged! I'd call KW, they have an upgraded VTEC solenoid bracket design that they'll sell you.
Thanks, I'm not too upset about it! I've just been crazy busy lately, so I won't be making much progress on the car until February. From my understanding, my car's had the KW kit on it for 30,000KM (19k miles or so), and this is the first failure (after the original 20mm belt was upgraded to the 30mm size). So, all things considered, that really isn't too bad for a non-LHT installed kit.

Good point on the bracket. I'll give them a ring this week and hopefully have the new bracket by Feb. I also ordered a set of the ARP bolts needed for the tensioning bolt, and will be checking all other mounting points.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Canadian144
Thanks, I'm not too upset about it! I've just been crazy busy lately, so I won't be making much progress on the car until February. From my understanding, my car's had the KW kit on it for 30,000KM (19k miles or so), and this is the first failure (after the original 20mm belt was upgraded to the 30mm size). So, all things considered, that really isn't too bad for a non-LHT installed kit.

Good point on the bracket. I'll give them a ring this week and hopefully have the new bracket by Feb. I also ordered a set of the ARP bolts needed for the tensioning bolt, and will be checking all other mounting points.
Holy crap. Given how people have been reporting failures almost immediately I'd say you made out amazingly well.......Especially on the original KW bolts vs the hardened ARP. How do you like the car with the supercharger? Is it a blast?
Old 01-11-2019, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Kyle
Holy crap. Given how people have been reporting failures almost immediately I'd say you made out amazingly well.......Especially on the original KW bolts vs the hardened ARP. How do you like the car with the supercharger? Is it a blast?
The kit was professionally installed by a fairly well-known shop (PZTuning motorsports in Waterloo, ON), and while they are not LHT, they must know what they're doing for the car to have worked as well as it has up until now!

The car is absolutely a blast with the kit. I've previously owned an 05 AP2 and an 01 AP1 with bolt-ons, and my 06 with the KW kit is by far my favorite. The power is night and day and the car just flies now. I was worried that the supercharger might ruin some of the "character" of the F-series engine but, IMO, it maintains the character and turns it into a "fast" car. The instantaneous power is really addictive, lol.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So I received my Kit I just ordered (ordered last week), new KW kit with -81 for my 2006 S2000. I noticed it has 3 brackets for mounting now, but for the life of me I cant find where the 3rd bracket goes! I have the "c" shaped right side bracket, the left side VTEC solenoid bracket, and a 3rd bracket made from the same material in an "L" shape with one open hole and one threaded hole. Also, the 3 bolts for the VTEC solenoid mounting that are provided by KW are black oxide ARP bolts now. (Awesome)

I am not good at posting pictures, happy to email detailed pictures/measurements to anyone to be helpful! Anyone know what this 3rd bracket is?
Old 01-13-2019, 06:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

E-mail me the pic of the bracket and I will take an installed pic of it. planecents@sbcglobal.net
Old 01-13-2019, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Boosted04S2K
E-mail me the pic of the bracket and I will take an installed pic of it. planecents@sbcglobal.net
Thanks - doing so now!!!
Old 01-13-2019, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Boosted04S2K
Looks like a picture was posted earlier, its the stiffening bracket mentioned before.

So now from reading this thread new kits ship with the stiffening bracket and ARP bolts for the VTEC Solenoid Bracket

Last edited by Code; 01-13-2019 at 07:52 AM. Reason: adding

Quick Reply: Kraftwerks SC inbound, advice would be helpful.