S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Comptech Supercharger in CA

Old 11-15-2016, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comptech Supercharger in CA

I am looking to get one of these kits installed in my s2000.

I have the Ballade header and test pipe and I want to pull the trigger but only thing that is holding me back is I want to be making about 350 to wheels. The tech said he is able to run a little bit of a smaller pulley than the stock one that comes on the kit and said we can get near that number.

I'm just asking if that is possible since the stock kit on their site says 310-320 at the crank.

Help me out I really want to pull the trigger but want to make sure it is worth the money.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes it's possible. Upgraded injectors and stand alone and the correct pulleys. Should get you there no problem
Old 11-16-2016, 09:51 AM

Yea but that would be another $2500. He is saying that with the stock injectors and just a little bit of a smaller pulley we can get around 350 wheel.

That's with a piggyback
Old 11-16-2016, 10:17 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KERRP2
Yea but that would be another $2500. He is saying that with the stock injectors and just a little bit of a smaller pulley we can get around 350 wheel.

That's with a piggyback
You can pulley down one size from the base supplied pulley, so down to a 4.2" if ap1 or if you have an ap2 a 4" pulley can be safely done. You will be making between 7-8psi, rather then the stock 5-6psi. You will be increasing your fuel pressure on the adjustable fuel regulator that comes with the kit to compensate for the needed fuel. Or if you already are running a piggy back aka Emanage, you can increase duty cycle rather.

Unless its an exceptionally high reading dyno, you wont see 350whp, but you will likely see 315-325whp dynojet. With the stock supplied pulley you typically see 280-300whp. 360cc stock injectors cant flow enough to make 350whp. That's about 400 engine.

Last edited by s2000Junky; 11-16-2016 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:04 PM

Okay so we are running whatever Comptech is throwing in with the kit as far as Emanage or whatever piggyback they are giving with the kit.

I have an ap2 so I will be good running a 4'' pulley

I also have the stock clutch and it is working great for now. He said don't change it until it starts slipping im wondering how long it will last.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:03 PM
Community Organizer

Okay so we are running whatever Comptech is throwing in with the kit as far as Emanage or whatever piggyback they are giving with the kit.

I have an ap2 so I will be good running a 4'' pulley

I also have the stock clutch and it is working great for now. He said don't change it until it starts slipping im wondering how long it will last.
The piggy back they provide has a few features/duties such as lowering vtec to around 4200rpm, shaping the fuel curve and MAP clamp, but this device is non programmable, so all fuel enrichment needed for your 4" pulley will be through turning up the pressure on the regulator as I mentioned previously. The clutch can be changed with most of the kit still in place, so its not imperative, but plan on doing it in the short term, as its possible your current clutch may or may not slip right out of the gate. The cdv and heavy 22lb flywheel combined as well as more engine trq on the ap2 puts more demands on the clutch then an ap1. Its possible you could get some slip in 4th gear when you go to dyno and will result in lower numbers. With a non cdv, F20 with a light 8lb flywheel I started getting clutch slip in 3rd gear and above at 10psi/350whp .
Old 11-17-2016, 10:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I am looking to get one of these kits installed in my s2000.

I have the Ballade header and test pipe and I want to pull the trigger but only thing that is holding me back is I want to be making about 350 to wheels. The tech said he is able to run a little bit of a smaller pulley than the stock one that comes on the kit and said we can get near that number.

I'm just asking if that is possible since the stock kit on their site says 310-320 at the crank.

Help me out I really want to pull the trigger but want to make sure it is worth the money.
Yo!
First things first, you might want to listen to Mr. Junky, he knows everything!
By the way I have an ap1 and making 281whp @6psi with the CT-E SC.
Upgrading your injectors with a smaller pulley will bring you close to 350whp, which is something I've been thinking about doing as well. I also thought about leaving the stock injectors and swapping for a smaller pulley, but the last thing I want to do is kill the F20. I say pull the trigger only IF you don't like the 280whp @6psi. Perhaps save up some $$$$ so you can upgrade the injectors when your ready to go with a smaller pulley. By the way, how is that Ballade header working out? I'm all stock, except for the bored out ITM & TB. In my opinion, stock header is all you need for the S2k.
One last thing Kerrp, I got all my work done at Autowave in Huntington Beach. You should call them and speak to Mike aka "Dyno Mike", that guy is a genius! Let him know Rafael referred you.
Good luck on your project and PLEASE KEEP US POSTED WITH NUMBERS, ISSUE, AND PROGRESS.
****Junky, do you know or have you heard if the Novi 1200 that comes with the CT-E SC can produce anything above 400whp????
Old 11-21-2016, 04:52 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Spaceman2345
Yo!
****Junky, do you know or have you heard if the Novi 1200 that comes with the CT-E SC can produce anything above 400whp????
It absolutely can. I ran a Novi 1220 at 420whp. The 1200 is far more capable than the 1220 at comparable PSI. There are tons of people with >400whp on the 1200.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:43 AM
Community Organizer

Yep, I was right about 450whp with the 1200 at max impeller speed. Several guys have over spun the blower and run e85 or water/meth and made 500whp.
Old 11-22-2016, 09:25 AM

Hey Guys!

I went over to the shop and he gave me a lot of information and I will be running a little bit of a smaller pulley as JUNKY said and will accommodate fuel.

He will be dyno tuning it as well with his "blackbox" that he supplies to SOS and other manufactures himself (this is the comptech kit).
Spaceman: the ballade header is worth it even without a tune it definitely shows some gains all through the power band. If I didn't have that header I would have the STOCK one because you are right it is VERY efficient.

I have one question is gas mileage?! What is going to be my mileage he said he will be able to adjust the A/F. But I still want decent gas mileage. Because my gas mileage right now is pretty great like 28 highway and 23-25avg.

Quick Reply: Comptech Supercharger in CA