S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

The life & temporary death of my blown S2K

Old 09-25-2017, 06:20 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Gents,
We've got a guy with a broken car here. Without standing in his garage it's all speculation at this point at best. Get your feelings off your shoulder. We're a community here trying to help each other. We take on inherent risk boosting our cars and entrusting others to take the same level of care as we did or tried to. Help us help each other.

I'm going to clean up this thread as well.
Please post photos if you start to tear the motor down. I'm curious as to what happened as well.
The following users liked this post:
snitm (09-25-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 12:19 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by snitm
OP, when I killed my AP1 shortblock I started a thread and challenged the brightest stars this board has to offer (me: you can plug oil jets vs them: hell no you can't). The moderators shut my thread down well before it escalated to this shit show of a thread . So on some level I'm left wondering where the hell are the moderators!?

But after my thread was shutdown, then the _real_ cause of my failure was determined during rebuild: the thermostat wasn't opening so the engine was overheating.

Yes, the lack of oil jets was enough of an increase in heat to the cylinder walls that they were _much_ more susceptible to failure due to the thermostat staying closed.

But the know-it-alls in my thread never got the benefit of really knowing why my engine failed. I could've started another thread and baited them.. but I waited to thread-jack your dysfunctional thread for a brief moment.

Anyway, this is all to say: Nobody cares about your failure as much as you. Nobody is as invested in fixing it. But conversely it is way too soon to know what the hell happened (as you correctly pointed out).
)

See that little triangle icon under each user name on each post? Thats the report button. We can't be reading every thread all the time. If something doesn't look right and you think we should review it click that little button and it alerts us.
The following users liked this post:
snitm (09-26-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 01:27 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by outeiroj
he seems to think it could be a thrust washer failure, ill try to take some pics of the inside but ill be on my back doing it at home so I don't know how well those pictures will come out

Ill probably be able to take considerably better pictures whenever the time comes to pull the sub frame off along with the engine & trans for the actual swap process, Thursday is just going to be for exploratory & curiosity purposes only. I spent about an hour on the phone with inline pro working out some details and because of my location & inability to enjoy the car from October - April I may end up waiting until spring time to do the full tear down/swap
Could well be the thrust washer but at 57k and blowing up straight after tuning, one has to think that the tunning is a possibility.

Nightmare for you OP, at least your doing the right thing and throwing $$$$ at it . Keeping the boost S2K community alive lol.

More information would be good so keep the updates coming.