S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

mishimoto radiator fan shroud

Old 06-04-2017, 10:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default mishimoto radiator fan shroud

what do you guys think of this:

https://www.mishimoto.com/mishimoto-...nda-s2000.html

I'm looking to upgrade my OEM radiator fans with a koyo radiator. My engine temps are avg at 201 degrees fahrenheit on a 90 degree day with a vortech s/c and I'm trying to get it at 185-190.
I've heard mixed reviews about this particular mishimoto fan shroud setup.

if you have a better setup, please share!
Old 06-05-2017, 10:00 AM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I have that piece on my car and its very nice. The fans themselves are not the greatest but get the job done. Very nice piece for the money overall :-)
Old 06-05-2017, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by R00567
I have that piece on my car and its very nice. The fans themselves are not the greatest but get the job done. Very nice piece for the money overall :-)
what made you choose this setup vs others? Would you upgrade the fans if you could?
Old 06-05-2017, 10:14 AM

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

I'v had it before and it's junk. It just looks cool. The fans flow,less than the stock fans. If you really want a good setup get the mr sideways dual pass radiator and use spal high performance or extreme performance fans. All slim fans including the spal medium profile and low profile fans flow like crap espically the mishimoto slim fans.
The following users liked this post:
WilloW (06-07-2020)
Old 06-05-2017, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this and it works great for me.... haven't seen any track time yet but I do a lot of hard mountain driving. Even on hot days the fans bring me back down to around 180 in no time at all.

If the fans turn on.... bring ur temp down..... and then turn off, in less then a min or two. Then they are working just fine!

this is mounted to a koyorad
Old 06-05-2017, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by riceball777
I'v had it before and it's junk. It just looks cool. The fans flow,less than the stock fans. If you really want a good setup get the mr sideways dual pass radiator and use spal high performance or extreme performance fans. All slim fans including the spal medium profile and low profile fans flow like crap espically the mishimoto slim fans.
lol your setup was on one of the threads i read for best fan and radiator.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:32 PM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

The shroud is nice but save yourself some money and get the shroud much cheaper as you are going to have to bin the fans to get any sort of cooling. The fans are woeful and there's no way they would keep an air conditioned car with a thick radiator cool in hot traffic. They might do the job if NA but if you go boosted they will be too weak

I'm talking through experience living in the UK where we hardly ever get hot weather but with the mishimoto fans they were switched on all the time, with my revotec fans they at least cool the car down enough to switch off for a little while. They are awful things and should never be used on a thick radiator.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

I don't have a supercharger, but I do live in the desert. Hard driving, long road trips, regular autox during the summer months and I have no overheating issues (temp gauge doesn't move) with a Koyo Hyper-V and stock fans. I don't have have exact temperatures since I'm normally not data-logging, but the fans will switch off at times when the AC isn't engaged.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by markforrester99
The shroud is nice but save yourself some money and get the shroud much cheaper as you are going to have to bin the fans to get any sort of cooling. The fans are woeful and there's no way they would keep an air conditioned car with a thick radiator cool in hot traffic. They might do the job if NA but if you go boosted they will be too weak

I'm talking through experience living in the UK where we hardly ever get hot weather but with the mishimoto fans they were switched on all the time, with my revotec fans they at least cool the car down enough to switch off for a little while. They are awful things and should never be used on a thick radiator.

Hmm weird.... I live in Cali and it's 90 outside right now. I'm only at 11psi making 360whp and they work just fine on the street. Even with the AC on I don't have any problems. Iv used it with the older koyorad as well as the newer thinner model and no issues
Old 06-05-2017, 03:00 PM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Depends how you have rigged the fans to activate. If you leave fan switch to do the job the coolant temps will get in the high 90s. I use the aem to control and they come on at 91 and go off at 88. Would rather keep the engine as cool as possible

Quick Reply: mishimoto radiator fan shroud