S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

mishimoto radiator fan shroud

Old 06-10-2017, 12:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by manolo1492
Those are my intentions at the moment. Hopefully fitment and clearance is not an issue
keep us updated!
Old 07-18-2017, 09:54 AM

Tried to get a cheap radiator shroud and modify it so i can use my spal fans, but the height of the cheap shroud wasn't upto par like mishimoto. So i ended up getting a mishimoto shroud and plan to use my spal fans on them.

My question is: do i need to position the fans a certain way, cut extra holes or make a flap somewhere so the hot air can flow better when the car is moving? The mishimoto shroud came with extra padding so it seals the shroud against the radiator.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:13 AM

Mishimoto shroud + 2x 13" spal fans w/ relay kit =
Just to straighten out the arguments of "mishimoto fans that come with the shroud pull a lot of air." No they don't. If anything, they pull slightly less than OEM. Tested this before hooking the fans upto the spal relay kit.
Reason for cutting cheese holes in the shroud vs cutting out the entire radius is because the shroud itself, is almost flimsy as is so i would assume it would be really flimsy if i were to cut all that out.
heres photo of the progression

Last edited by tkeyyy; 07-24-2017 at 08:32 AM.
The following users liked this post:
WilloW (06-07-2020)
Old 07-24-2017, 03:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd be curious to see if the shroud has any appreciable effect, did you do any testing with it on and off?
Old 07-25-2017, 12:09 PM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Looks good! The mishimoto fans are dire, they are a downgrade on OEM. They shouldn't be allowed to state those CFM figures as they are noway near what they actually flow.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:54 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a lengthy thread on a similar topic back when I was FI. https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-fo...-fans-1007060/

went with a 13" and 11" SPAL medium profile fan pairing. Long story short, they've served me just fine with no shroud. I always worried that the shroud would actually restrict airflow when the car is at speed. However, I have since had a custom shroud made to fit these SPAL fans and still see adequate cooling, though I haven't really put the car through its paces much since the shroud was installed.

Your setup looks good. I had actually previously bought the Mishimoto shroud/fan combo twice before in the past, but decided against using it both times. The fans seemed dinky compared to the SPAL medium profile fans, and that's saying something because the medium profile fans aren't that impressive.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jin_SK
I'd be curious to see if the shroud has any appreciable effect, did you do any testing with it on and off?
I didn't test the single 13" spal fan + oem ac fan. I do recall my tuner stating that with the oem rad fan and ac fan, i was averaging about 201 engine temp on a 84 degree day.
Originally Posted by markforrester99
Looks good! The mishimoto fans are dire, they are a downgrade on OEM. They shouldn't be allowed to state those CFM figures as they are noway near what they actually flow.
I agree. I was wishy washy with those who said they worked well vs those who actually have had close incidents of their engine failing because of the "weak" fans.
Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
I had a lengthy thread on a similar topic back when I was FI. https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-fo...-fans-1007060/

went with a 13" and 11" SPAL medium profile fan pairing. Long story short, they've served me just fine with no shroud. I always worried that the shroud would actually restrict airflow when the car is at speed. However, I have since had a custom shroud made to fit these SPAL fans and still see adequate cooling, though I haven't really put the car through its paces much since the shroud was installed.

Your setup looks good. I had actually previously bought the Mishimoto shroud/fan combo twice before in the past, but decided against using it both times. The fans seemed dinky compared to the SPAL medium profile fans, and that's saying something because the medium profile fans aren't that impressive.
Thanks
i wish i took a photo of both fans on the shroud before it went on the car, but i was melting like a snowman this past weekend during the install and wanted to get the project done before someone had to get a mop and bucket.
i want to say the shroud actually functions since i dont feel any sort of "mild ac coldness" or "high engine temp" symptoms while sitting in stop and go traffic after going WOT. My tuner tuned the car so if the engine is at a certain temp above what is recommended, then fuel consumption will increase. And on hot days when i have the ac on in traffic, the car intermittently dies. So far so good and just blasting ac everywhere. No stall yet.
Again, these 2 fans are pulling about 3500cfms so i would expect them to work as efficiently without the shroud

Last edited by tkeyyy; 07-26-2017 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which fans did you end up going with.... I want to try the 12in Spal fans but there are about 13 different ones. Also I have a CT aftercooler and a koyorad rad so I only have 2in of space up top. (Between shroud and aftercooler)

Which Spal fan is the best for me?

https://webstore.spalusa.com/en-us/p...-12-c-12v.aspx
Old 07-28-2017, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by volcomboy390
Which fans did you end up going with.... I want to try the 12in Spal fans but there are about 13 different ones. Also I have a CT aftercooler and a koyorad rad so I only have 2in of space up top. (Between shroud and aftercooler)

Which Spal fan is the best for me?

https://webstore.spalusa.com/en-us/p...-12-c-12v.aspx
if you want to stick with 12", get that one you linked

i got 2 13" spal fans. P/N: 30102044
you need a FRH relay kit for each fan, so 2 relay kits.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's interesting the 13in pulls a tonnnn more then the 12in.
I think im going to do 1 Spal fan(maybe the 13in) and keep 1 mishimoto fan as I'm making a 4in intake for my supercharger

Also, does only 1 fan spin on a stock s2000 when using the A/C? Both of mine spin when I turn on the ac, does this mean they were re-wired before I purchased the car?

Amazon Amazon
Found it for $130... should I just spend the $150 and buy from summit racing so I know it's not a China knock off?

Quick Reply: mishimoto radiator fan shroud