S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Modified my turbo outlet and charge piping

Old 12-16-2006, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Modified my turbo outlet and charge piping

I have an inlinePRO turbo kit with a GT30R turbo. Since the kit was installed I've had an issue with the charge piping (the one coming off the turbo outlet) touching against the turbo manifold. Apparently the compressor wasn't "clocked" properly when it was installed. I took my car to custom fab shop in my area and was told that there wasn't anymore room to re-clock the compressor without notching more of the frame. I wasn't interested in having any more of the frame notched, so we came up with this:

What they ended up doing was welding an elbow to the turbo outlet and cut the charge pipe in a few pieces. I am very satisfied with the work that they did. The weld looks very good! What do you guys think?
Old 12-16-2006, 03:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I like it.

I have burned holes in 3 couplers so far because it's either clock it towards the frame and have it hit the frame or have it too close to the mani.

I wrapped the manifold with header wrap, but the wrap still gets hot to leave burtn marks on the coupler.

Now, although the path looks all clear to me, do you have any issues taking out the housing? the extra piping on the outlet doesn't get in the way taking out the housing right? Not sure if in my case it might, as I have water hoses and cooler hoses in that vicinity...
Old 12-16-2006, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Venomous S,Dec 16 2006, 04:19 PM
I like it.

I have burned holes in 3 couplers so far because it's either clock it towards the frame and have it hit the frame or have it too close to the mani.

I wrapped the manifold with header wrap, but the wrap still gets hot to leave burtn marks on the coupler.

Now, although the path looks all clear to me, do you have any issues taking out the housing? the extra piping on the outlet doesn't get in the way taking out the housing right? Not sure if in my case it might, as I have water hoses and cooler hoses in that vicinity...
Thanks bro!

Are you referring to the compressor housing? If so, I don't know for a fact, but I don't foresee this "extra" elbow preventing you from removing the compressor. The compressor was first removed prior to welding the elbow on. So, the elbow didn't prevent them from putting the compressor housing on. The only other issue I have is that the water hoses supplied with the kit are pretty big, and apparently one of the compressor bolts/nuts cannot be fastened because of the hose being in the way. So, instead of having 6 bolts/nuts holding on the compressor I have 5.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by 2QYK4U,Dec 16 2006, 07:23 PM
Thanks bro!

Are you referring to the compressor housing? If so, I don't know for a fact, but I don't foresee this "extra" elbow preventing you from removing the compressor. The compressor was first removed prior to welding the elbow on. So, the elbow didn't prevent them from putting the compressor housing on. The only other issue I have is that the water hoses supplied with the kit are pretty big, and apparently one of the compressor bolts/nuts cannot be fastened because of the hose being in the way. So, instead of having 6 bolts/nuts holding on the compressor I have 5.
yeah the compressor housing...

The bolt that can't be put back on, is it because of the elbow?

I know that one of the bolts is a motha to put back on, which is the one on top by the oil feed line. If that's it, then yeah it's a pain but it can be put on by taking out the feed line and the fitting and cutting a wrench down
Old 12-16-2006, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Venomous S,Dec 16 2006, 04:32 PM
yeah the compressor housing...

The bolt that can't be put back on, is it because of the elbow?

I know that one of the bolts is a motha to put back on, which is the one on top by the oil feed line. If that's it, then yeah it's a pain but it can be put on by taking out the feed line and the fitting and cutting a wrench down
The elbow has nothing to do with not being able to install the 6th compressor nut. During the initial install the nut was never installed because of the "big water hoses" and not being able to get the hose on. I don't know if the water hoses were supposed to be hooked up after the compressor was installed or what. I also don't know the exact consequences of not having the 6th nut on.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by 2QYK4U,Dec 16 2006, 07:39 PM
The elbow has nothing to do with not being able to install the 6th compressor nut. During the initial install the nut was never installed because of the "big water hoses" and not being able to get the hose on. I don't know if the water hoses were supposed to be hooked up after the compressor was installed or what. I also don't know the exact consequences of not having the 6th nut on.
oh ok, I didn't think it had nothing to do w/ the elbow, as the elbow if in front.

But I'm not sure about the 6th bolt then. I know that the hoses could get in the way if the fittings aren't clock so that you have enough room to start the bolt.
I am able to put all 6 bolts in the housing after clocking the fittings to my liking.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:16 PM

What battery and battery holder are you running. You setup looks extremely clean by the way.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by 2kx2,Dec 16 2006, 05:16 PM
What battery and battery holder are you running. You setup looks extremely clean by the way.
Thanks for the positive feedback bro!

I have a Braille battery and the stereo shop I use made a custom bracket for that along with some other stuff around that area.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:30 PM

looks good, Still never had that problem with my inline pro kit with over a year of running the kit. Did you guys put pressure on the piping away from the manifold when tightening the clamps??? I wouldn't say its the positioning of the turbo since i had 2 turbos on there already with neither of them having a problem. Unless I had them positioned the same way
Old 12-16-2006, 10:51 PM

It looks good to me. You have one of the cleanest engine bays... ever.

Quick Reply: Modified my turbo outlet and charge piping