S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

My Turbo S2000 project PRL test fit car

Old 03-12-2014, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Turbo S2000 project PRL test fit car

I bought my s2k last summer with a new junk yard motor with 35k on it, i was able to get a used hardtop for it and was pretty happy with the way the car was... Until i was at the race track and my friend who is a team owner of a competitor usf series race team came up to me and said... "Hey, want your car to be fast? Can we have it for 6 months over the winter to build a turbo kit for it, i'll give you a deal!" we used to race together before he stepped up and started his own team so we have known each other in the road racing scene for a few years so i said, Of course i said well whats a deal and when do you want it?! I never knew how big his shop and business really were until i dropped my car off, i've only scene him around the country at race tracks!

It now has been about 4 months and my cars finally done tuned and a beast!

PRL motorsports built an awesome kit! honestly i was worried i would have to move my ac lines, move my battery, get slim fans and do alot of little annoying modifications that wouldn't allow me to ever go back to stock with ease if i chose to.

The turbo i chose from my options they gave me was a 6262 precision ball bearing with a precision 46mm wastegate and a tial bov for a 500whp goal with maybe 600whp.
Next we worked on the fuel side, since i have e85 almost everywhere around town i chose to tune and run e85 thus getting some id1300cc injectors with a walbro 400 e85 compliant fuel pump. Tuning was done with Hondata Kpro. I also went with a ACT 6puc clutch and a HKS cat-back full 3in.

The prl kit uses cnc bent 3" SS downpipes with a recirculated dump (sick)
the kit also gives you an oil filter relocation kit with lines and a mounting bracket to place the filter under the front crossbar with standoffs.
apparently there was alot of heat wrap that is used and provided in the kit along with the upper downpipe header wrap. the intercooler uses there sick a** cnc billet end tanks with machined in air guides for the inlet side and they use a real garrett core. i was told and show that no mods were done to the chassis at all except two holes in my radiator splash guard air guide where they had to cut a hole on each side for the intercooler piping, but i still have 100% seal and my fender plastics!

i know they mentioned to me in the kit you have to take the fan off and turn it or something but they give you new brackets to use so its still using your stock fan and shroud!

After all said and done using there full kit on e85 my car was tuned and dynoed yesterday on e85 making 563whp at 19.5psi and 481whp at 15psi on e85, apparently if i want more boost i need a bigger pump or add an inline, my injector duty cycle still have 25% room to move if I was to go back to a race fuel. That said its more than my goal! i will be running the car between 15-16psi on e85 they also threw a wastegate 6psi map in for 93 in case i'm in a jam! It made 348whp on 6psi on the 93.

I'm picking it up tomorrow i'm pumped as he** it looks sick and clean!
they emailed me dyno charts last night ill post them up with some picks as soon as i get it back home!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like a quality kit if they are the same PRL motorsports on facebook.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:36 AM

i know they have a hot parts kit and a manifold only kit.
But i know there jigs are for t3 flanges. they posted my dyno sheets on there facebook page. with an album from my car. My link

this is my car in there s2k album.

Originally Posted by Jiaim
looks like a quality kit, would they sell without a turbo and with a v band ? i'd like to try the ultra pro T35 from snail.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:49 AM

Old 03-12-2014, 10:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could they make a metal heatplate with gold foil using the fusebox mounting points ? or reusing the oem one with some bending ?
Old 03-12-2014, 10:52 AM

im not sure, i can ask them?
i know there is a bracket they supplied on my fuse box mount that swings it a good 2in from the downpipe.

Old 03-15-2014, 06:28 PM

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

nice
Old 03-16-2014, 02:52 PM

what manifold is that? prl custom?
Old 03-17-2014, 06:19 AM

its there PRL's Manifold and there whole kit on my car.
I know all there manifolds are back purged when welded along with the inter-cooler pipe and the downpipes.
the car sounds sick! ill try and get some videos up with my friend taping, since the weather here is finally in the mid 50's!!!
the recirculated dump honestly makes this car quit and the exhaust is quiet enough i don't sound like an a@#hole to my neighbors, which in my community is a plus!
Old 03-17-2014, 08:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the kits looks great , but need more info :

this made from schedule 40 ?
couple turbo option like BW / Precision / garret ?
different flange option : V-band / t3 / t4 / twinscroll ?
whats the price for full kit with 5858 or 6262
have a lifetime warranty ?

Quick Reply: My Turbo S2000 project PRL test fit car